The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Secret emotions"

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
We know about some characters personalities, but what do you think would get certain characters to act differently? I'm not talking about depression (even though their are kids that feel this) schizophrenia, Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) or anything like that.

For example: Cera; We know she is a bit short tempered, but what would get her to the point where she would just be terrified of herself and hope she doesn't hurt any of her friends? Or anyone else?(regret) Or how about infatuation?

Petrie: What would tick petrie off? has he ever felt jealousy or bitterness?

Ducky; We have seen her greedy side, but has ducky ever felt humiliation or disgust against someone else?

Spike; other than food, what desires does Spike have? And does he ever get annoyed by anything?

Littlefoot; Has littlefoot ever felt aggravation?

Has chomper ever felt alienated when he came to the valley?
And What about Ruby? Does she have a panicky or a bold side to her?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, let's see how I can help :p.

*Cera: She DOES feel regret after posiibly hurting someone else's feelings.  This can be seen in how she tried to replace Tria's shiny stone in the TV series or how she apologized to Chomper in LBT V after accusing him of eating Ducky.  She DOES have a soft side that is seen quite often.  Unfortunately for her, many viewers are blind and only see what's on the surface.  Rather than try to understand a character better, they'd rather label them a bad name and not think twice.  Personally, I love Cera's bada** attitude :smile.

*Petrie: What ticks him off?  Trash-talking his Uncle Pterano, that's what ;).  He got so pissed at his friends in LBT VII for distrusting Pterano that he told 'em off and stormed off :wow.

*Ducky: Bein' somebody who tends to be very forgiving, I can relate to Ducky's sweet character and why she would have difficulty expressing disgust to others.  But, Ducky did express disgust in LBT VIII with Spike after he was eating HER food and beating her up in his sleep.  Though she may have taken it a little far, I'm glad she finally grew a pair and expressed disgust with Spike's behavior.  Like myself, Ducky hates to offend others, so this is most likely why we seldom see her dark side come out.  On another note, being athletic and having participated in competitions, I can totally understand how competitiveness can bring a totally dark side out of my individuals.  I think this is what happened to Ducky, and though this may come as a shock, it's a normal occurance.  Having a competitive nature simply places someone higher on the "Survival of the Fittest" list ;).

*Spike: Aside from food, he is also a family-oriented spiketail.  He loves his big sister and gets upset if he sees she is upset or feeli' hurt.  As for annoyance, in the TV series, it is revealed that Spike does not talk 'cuz he gets annoyed with the others arguing and would rather not become involved :yes.

*Littlefoot:  He does show aggravation.  Remember the fight between him and Cera in the first LBT?  Or when he took off from the others to go fix Saurus Rock in LBT VI?  Or when he got angry at the others in LBT XI?  How about when nobody else would accept Chomper in LBT V?  These are just a few examples I have seen throughout the series.

*Chomper: I'm sure that the distrust certain grownups (especially Mr. Threehorn) express around him alone make him feel alienated.

*Ruby: I think that just not havin' a panicky side makes her a rather bold character :p.  Also, she does initiate some adventures other would not dare go on, such as a Spooky Nighttime Adventure :idea.

See?  The characters do have personalities and flaws much like all of us have.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think Cera would ever get infatuated that easily. You'd have to find a threehorn who acted exactly like her. Then again, this could only stir up competition with her. Cera really doesn't show what her "type" is (really none of them do besides Littlefoot and Ali in a way), so it would be really hard for her to instantly fall head over heels (or in this case head over paws) for somebody.

Petrie did show quite a bit of anger when the gang was against Pterano. You also could argue that he showed great anger at Littlefoot in LBT XI. He and Ducky really let him have it about the tiny longnecks. However, to get him really ticked off? I would say have something happen to Ducky. He obviously cares a great deal about her and she him, so maybe that would produce some more steam.

Well you could say Ducky feels disgusted with Spike in LBT VIII at first when he decides to go with Tippy's herd and leave the Great Valley. Of course, this quickly turned to missing him a great deal, hence leaving to pursue him. For her to be humiliated, I think you would have to have her be arrogant, which she never is. Humiliation is more connected with Cera's personality, but since Ducky does not boast on a regular basis I couldn't really see her becoming humiliated over something. In terms of disgust, maybe if one of her friends or Spike did something utterly terrible she would show the same feelings she expressed to Littlefoot in LBT XI.

Littlefoot also feels aggravated in the TV series when Ali refuses to play with them, and he had every right to do so. If she told me that I couldn't build a mountain with my tail (or whatever she said to him), I would have said, "I bet he couldn't kill Sharptooth, or find the Great Valley without any adults b****":lol. Littlefoot gets aggravated often against Cera, so I'm sure just dishing out conflicts between them would bring out more of that feeling. I actually tried to express more aggravation from him in my first  Revenge story.

I actually wouldn't think Chomper felt all too alienated in the valley. When you think about it, he's there with all his friends, his parents pretty much "hired" Ruby to take care of him, and the grown-ups accepted him in the valley (minus Threehorn). We really don't know how many adults disapprove of Chomper's presence in the valley. We at least know that Littlefoot's grandparents don't have any problem with him.

I think of Ruby the way I think of Ducky. She really doesn't have an arrogant side to her, so I doubt I would see her in a bold manner. However, you could argue that she was pretty bold in the TV series when she wanted to return to Hanging Rock alone, even so much as yelling at her friends for coming. I also would say that panic would really fit Petrie's personality better. However, the only way I would see Ruby panic is if something terrible had happened to either Chomper or her family.

Very nice topic though onto the character's feelings. It would certainly be interesting if the characters showed these emotions off a bit more, but I'm happy with them the way they came out.

Bruton the Iguanodon

*Littlefoot: He does show aggravation. Remember the fight between him and Cera in the first LBT? Or when he took off from the others to go fix Saurus Rock in LBT VI? Or when he got angry at the others in LBT XI? How about when nobody else would accept Chomper in LBT V? These are just a few examples I have seen throughout the series.

Dude, a lot of those were normal reactions. You're listing every time he's even showed the sligtest sign of agression, pratically. Which is normal. I mean what, are you expecting him to be Jesus?  :huh:

On the other hand he is far more agressive in the first film, as I have a topic on.

rKrizik

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Lol, it would be interesting to see Cera fall for someone. I agree with LBTFan13, I can't see her falling or becoming infatuated with someone easily. And well said, that even if she did, it would most likely strike up competition. ^^ I'm thinking of an episode from 'Rugrats' (a show I really don't like, but had seen this instance) in which Angelica falls for a tough-guy kid like her, but instead of acting like she was smitten (which she was), she was competitive with him and tried to prove she was better, or tougher. I can see Cera doing something like that with a boy three-horn. Would actually be pretty cute if they did it right.