The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the Dark of the Night

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
If any of you are users of YouTube or other video sites, I was wondering if you could do a simple Cera-Sharptooth music video to this particular song: http://www.4shared.com/audio/-_niQ3B5/4_In...f_The_Night.htm

Why do I choose this song, you ask? Apart from me liking this song so much, it's relevant that both LBT and Anastasia are both Don Bluth films. Also, I thought Cera would be the perfect Anya because of her narrow escape from a villain who nearly killed her about 3 times before the final confrontation, like Sharptooth. In Sharptooth, he's a perfect Rasputin because he caught fear in the heroine's eye. As for Bartok, he'd most likely be played by Guido because his comical character and ability to fly.

Alright, then. Any volunteers? I'd be most grateful. ;)

Note: Remember to add disclaimers before you set your music videos. WMG has blocked two of these on YouTube. Believe me.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I did consider doing an mv using that song, but I didn't feel the song really fit, personally. I couldn't figure out how I was going to make it work, since Sharptooth in the movie wasn't really focusing his attack on just one individual but a small group. It wasn't just Cera who was attacked and narrowly survived; this applies to Littlefoot and the others as well.

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yeah, well it'd have to make sense because Rasputin's target was a girl. I'd suggest you give it a try.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry but I don't think I'll be able to do it. I'm only able to do an mv if I feel the song fits in someway and I feel I can make it work. If I am unable to do so, then I can't make the mv, or at least if I do it won't be all that good in my opinion. Perhaps someone else will be willing to do it. As I said, I did think of it, and played with the idea in my head (which is what I do for all my mv ideas) but I just couldn't get it to work.

Also there is another problem with using the song anyway. You see, it doesn't matter if you put disclaimers or not; WMG can still block, mute, or take down the video. WMG had muted a couple of my mvs on YT even though I had put down disclaimers for the song.

Of course there's alternate places to upload it, such as AMV Makers United. I have an account there.

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, I say that WMG has gone too far... on YouTube, that is.

I hope they won't interfere in the video site you're on. I'm anxious to see an LBT mv with an Anastasia song.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
WMG seems to have calmed down recently, though one video I tried to upload was blocked immediately (a Nightwish song).

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 27 2010 on  11:35 AM
WMG seems to have calmed down recently, though one video I tried to upload was blocked immediately (a Nightwish song).
So why not take your chance on the song of the subject now?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Because I never said I was going to do the music video. I already explained in a previous post that I did consider the idea and thought about it in my mind, but it wasn't working out. I just don't see In The Dark Of The Night working well for an LBT music video. Maybe someone else will do it, since I'm not the only LBT mv maker around. Also, if you had the music and footage, you could do the mv yourself using a video editor like Windows Movie Maker (comes free on Windows) or iMovie if you're using a Mac. Sorry to disappoint you. As I said, I did think about doing the mv, but couldn't get the idea to work well in my mind.

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Who do you suggest on this site ought to give it a try? Know anyone?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
sorry I got no idea, maybe you could try youtube, you might have better luck there.

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Much like DH, I need inspiration to do a music video out of a song.  With this one, I'm getting none.  Sorry!

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, I've been inspired by so much of these Don Bluth films that I thought we should do a little crossover of such. I mean, it should be at least fair that we try!

What do you think?