The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello there

Crasnex · 32 · 3318

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hello there. I wanted to join this forum to basically try and see if I could find the uncut version of the first film, as that was one of the first films I ever saw and I would really like to see the original version. I find it kind of disappointing that Don doesnt like his own film when I really like the butchered version (And Im sure the uncut version would be even better). But anyway, I wouldnt consider myself a fan of the Land Before Time series.

I've really only just found the series again after watching Marzgurl's retrospective on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses. She really turned me off ever trying to watch the sequels to the original, but I guess when I watched the 9th movie when I was 9 in 2004, that turned me off too (I really didnt like it then and I doubt I will like it now).

I saw the first movie when I was about 3/4 in the late 1990s (I was born in 1994) and I remember it making me upset but I still liked it. Only 2 days ago I watched the first movie for the first time in 12 years or so and it was one good experience. There were scenes I could remember, and some that I didnt. But the music and the visuals were really nostalgic. I also saw the 5th movie in the late 90s and decided to watch it again for the first time in 12 years or so on the same day I watched the first movie. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was, I found some scenes quite amusing. I wouldnt call it a particuarly good film, but it did feel nostalgic and it was enjoyable.

I don't know if I want to watch the other films or not, but I think there is better annimated films than the LBT sequels. If there are any particuarly good ones from the sequels I may watch it. I heard the 2nd and the 4th arnt that bad.

Anyway, I dont think I will be here long but at the moment I'm in a "Land Before Time" mood  :rolleyes:

I'm also doing a Let's play of one of the Land Before Time games on my youtube channel if you wanted to watch. I'm doing a few other LPs, so it isnt the only thing on my channel, just to warn you.

http://youtube.com/ratchet5

Im little green glyder :J

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GOF. I see that it takes programistyk± People like you are welcome here, I hope that you will have fun. :DD

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey and welcome :) Perhaps you'll stay around for the community even if your loving LBT mood will fade soon. :wave

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF!

We're actually a really friendly little bunch here, so perhaps you'll make some friends and decide to just stay for the community :)

Anyway, enjoy your stay!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for your hospitality. I always like meeting new communities and if I decide to watch all of the movies I might become a fan and stay a while longer. Even though the movies ended in 2007 and they had (apparantly) declining quality, I'd still like to see the series to continue for some odd reason, it's kind of cool that a series that started in the late 80s is still popular in the late 00s (and early 10s). Maybe one day they'll decide to do a LBT 14 more in the style of the first movie, or atleast the early movies.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the folks here and the various topics that are here.

Some of the lbt sequel movies and tv episodes are better then others.

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well as I said, I enjoyed Land Before Time 5, even though it had faults and was no where near to the greatness of the first movie. So I'm not one of those people who will only appreciate the original film, I am open to trying to enjoy any sequels (I cant see me trying to watch the television series though)

BigMouth

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://huntingthepast.blogspot.com/
Welcome to the forums Crasnex, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!  I certainly have!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome with us, Crasnex! Hope you have a good time here! :wave

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome to the GOF Crasnex :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes
An interest in the land before time is a basic common link of the members of the GOF, but since the GOF is covering much more activities, interests and ranges of topics your presence here might perhaps outlast your current mood ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome to the forum. this board has survived the end of the series, due to the cimmunity that has been created here. we have rps here where you can play as your faviorite cartons, or write your own version of shows you like to watch. you cann talk about yourself in the 'ask me' section.. and many other things.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hehe. Well thanks guys for your encouragement :). Now that you mention it, I am surprised that the community has lasted even though we havnt heard much from LBT since 2008. You guys are really making me want to watch the other films XD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well #4 is a favorite of mine, thanks to ali being in in.. and theres are a total of 13 films,
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I heard some people liked 4, so probably Ill watch 2 and then 4 (as I heard 3 is one of the worst in the series) And yes I know theres 13 films XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like a plan.  That way you can form your own opinions.  

Do you have 1 or more favorite characters?

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Not really. I like the original 5 each for their own reasons. Probably the series would be not as much fun without Cera though.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Heya!  :wave Welcome to the GOF!  :DD
Hope you're enjoying your time here.  :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
besides GOf what other cartoons do you like?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile