The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

TenderlyLiz's Character Bios and More!

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • "ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ɪᴅɪᴏᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜱɪꜱᴛꜱ ɪɴ ʜɪꜱ ᴇʀʀᴏʀ..."
    • View Profile
Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek, if you have any questions, please let me know!  :RhettAli

Character list:

- Ruse
- Koen
- Gallio

⚜️🎭𝕽𝖚𝖘𝖊🎭⚜️

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Basic Information

Name: Ruse
Pronunciation: (R-ooz)
Species: Thalassodromeus Sethi, Pterosaur

Detailed Description:

Appearance: From the first curl of his generous crest, to his relatively feeble little tail, Ruse is clad in a brilliant carrousel of colors. Yellows, reds and oranges clash on his delicate beak, proudly proclaiming his presence far before any noise leaves his maw- for those with relatively good eyesight, of course. He stands at a total of 5'4, rather small for a fowl of his maturity, his wingspan barely reaching 12ft. If he wasn't careful, someone might mistake him for a delicious little snack! He sports no scars or blemishes to his wonderful hide, his feathers properly preened whenever he gets the chance.

Personality: Ruse is extremely self important and arrogant, often injecting himself into conversations or situations that do not involve him, only to be shooed away like an obnoxious little fly. Incredibly selfish and self-sustaining, he travels alone...though only due to his own misconduct. He enjoys finding packs and following them, picking off their food when they're not paying attention. He's a horrible hunter, one of the worst, and relies solely on the work of others to sustain himself- often spotted floundering in bodies of water in feeble attempts to fish, or pecking at hatchlings along beaches until their mothers take issue and chase him off. Regardless of how self-important he felt, Ruse finds himself longing for companionship when the day is over, and the games have finished. He will circle his nest, coo gently to the night air, and wait for a flock.

...if one would ever take him...  :(petrie

He struggles with a desire to belong, and will try to bribe respect and attention via gifts of pretty shells or rocks- often landing squarely on his receivers heads.
Goals and Challenges: Ruse desires respect and acceptance, and struggles with his fear of being rejected or denied those desires. Without having ever experienced what they feel like, Ruse attempts to garner them through small acts of service or gifts, though is easily turned down thanks to his trickster-like personality. He's desperately lonely.

Backstory/History:

He hatched in the depths of the night, waking beneath the graces of a small, dead tree. There was no welcome, no nuzzle of a warm beak against his own, no gentle whispers to encourage his clumsy dance from his eggy hiding spot. A trill, faint, sweet, to the stars above his crest, but no one to answer it- say for the Sarcosuchus slowly slithering their way through the swamp he had been given life on. He had been such a small egg, and while he had been slumbering within his little warm bed, his siblings had made their way to the new world and had taken flight, slipping away into the night sky without a trace.

He was alone... and he had never felt it more than in that moment of stillness.

For days he sat idle...waiting. He didn't know for who, or for how long, but all he knew was that he needed someone. He would spend his time circling his tiny hump of earth, dipping his beak into the water's edge and fishing out what worms and pond scum he could survive on. It all tasted so foul, and Ruse was growing weary. He swore he could hear a voice beckoning from the tree lining, eerily a fond, familiar one- one he had heard within the confines of his egg many moons ago. If he had been any smarter, he might've followed, but instead he opted to stay in his tiny nest and watch the stars twinkle in the night sky.

By chance one day, Ruse spotted a flock of pterosaurs flying above the marshy pit he had been stuck in. Tucking himself into the small, hollowed out tree he had been born beneath, he watched them seek refuge on any of the dry land provided. He was intrigued by the way they had swooped down from the heavens so gracefully, his wide red eyes glued to them for some time, until they eventually slipped off again.

By watching them, the tiny bird enthusiastically attempted to mimic their movements. It took time, attempt after attempt of panicked flapping and squawks of annoyance at failing to take off the ground. He'd find himself unceremoniously plummeting into the ponds on several occasions, but with a tiny tail wiggle, and some extra help from a boulder, he was able to take off and flitter up past the canopy.

The sun struck him, bright, brilliant, its rays warm to the touch- and then- the air. Fresh, sweet, salty all the same- Ruse would never return to that murky bog of a nest, unless fate would allow.

Voice claim: Cicero: Skyrim TES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wli4V8iPnBc
Theme song(s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGgQAMj5DI 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRtVFIsYPLI

🐊 Koen 🐊

Basic Information

Name: Koen
Pronunciation: (Ko-in)
Species: Deinosuchus, Bellydragger

Detailed Description:

Appearance: Koen is a well-rounded, tubby Deinosuchus, his neck a particularly rounded and plump size. It makes it particularly hard to maneuver, but what Koen lacks in mobility, he makes up for in good looks. He's quiet the charmer, always a soft demeanor of comfort resides around the older croc, regardless of the glare he dawns regularly. Like most Bellydraggers, Koen has a layer of thick armor along his back, small little spikes riveting along his shoulders all the way to the tip of his tail. 

Personality: Koen is sweet, empathetic and gentle compared to most Sharpteeth, his diet assisting in this but most of all his love for a very certain swimmer. Koen avoids getting into tussles but isn't afraid to stick up for himself and those he loves. That being said, he's feverishly afraid of being squashed by Longnecks and other tall walkers. They were like walking trees, something all too foreign to the poor Bellydragger. He's grumpy as all get out, mostly due to his weight and the process of traveling from one watering hole to the next, but he's easily sweet talked if you know how to woo a croc his size.

Backstory/History:

Hatching was the least of Koen's worries, finding himself in a strange new world with his 9 siblings and mother t-boot was the easy part, the hard part was surviving. Being the eldest, he came first, for food, for water, and for all other activities his mother sought to nourish their lives. He was the head of their team, the alpha of their pack, until one day, Koen's belly got the better of him.

He found himself sneaking away to his secret watering hole, wriggled his way down the narrow entry and began to gobble away at the fish provided in the small space. It wasn't until the next morning when he woke to find he was too big to fit through the exit! Horror struck him, and there he waited for his family to come and rescue him. Koen was alone, and for the first time, he wanted so desperately for those yapping, obnoxious siblings of his to pop up through the water and tell him it was all a prank.

The watering hole was under a swampy hill of marsh, thick dirt battened down his exit, unable to dig his way out without taking his sweet time. He worried he'd be here forever, crying and wailing for his mum to save him. His mother never came, and Koen began to sulk. Time passed, days, weeks, months, all while Koen slipped in and out of dissociation. Time only drew more sadness from the lonely creature, his home growing smaller as the years progressed and the fish supply dwindled in his tiny pond. Only when a soft voice peeped from the entry hole did Koen realize he wasn't alone.

It wasn't like any Bellydragger he had met in this part of the world, his memories of what they looked like fleeting but still there. This stranger brought him gifts, small trinkets of shiny rocks that she'd roll down the hole for him to enjoy. Finally, the request came that she help him dig himself free, and she obliged.

Curiously, when he emerged from his prison, he was not faced with another Bellydragger- instead, he met a tall, lanky, moss covered Swimmer! Now, Koen being young when he first entered his hole, had never met whatever she was- but instantly fell in love with her. They agreed to find another watering hole together, and off the pair went, the gator and his savior.

Voice claim: N/A TBA
Theme song(s): N/A TBA

👁️Gallio👁️

Basic Information

Name: Gallio
Pronunciation (Optional):  Gal-lee-oh
Species: Quetzalcoatlus

Detailed Description:

Appearance: A whopping 15 feet tall, he stands like a scythe, his beak it's blade, his body the handle. His wings are 30ft wide, leaving a colossal shadow upon the earth whenever he takes flight. His hide is painted in reds and blacks, a grey underbelly and two orange eyes glinting in the darkness.

Personality: Snide, dark, he lurks and lingers in the woods, whispering to himself riddles and rhymes. Rarely does he speak in more than cryptic messages, only when in a bout of rage or when his mind clears. He suffers from a type of psychosis, believing he is the reincarnated god of death. He is manipulative, aggressive and sure of himself. When faced with a disadvantage, Gallio reacts with fear and cowardice.

Backstory/History:

Legend contends Gallio's arrival to this world to be anything but natural. Unlike the care and gentle rearing a creature of any mortal being should have, Gallio was subject to the torment of voices permeating his mind. Voices that told him of his victory, of his godhood. Legend says he took pleasure in tormenting the creatures residing in the flatlands he called home, his slender bill a dagger, bloodied more often than not.

He stalked the surrounding planes like a ghost amongst the darkness, his Click clack clacking the only noise to illuminate the thick, foggy air. Gallio feared no ghost, no earthly creature, not even those who swam the deeps. He only feared hunger.

So, he stretched out his hands, and drew forth a company. By the time he came upon Ruse, he was hungry, weak and fearful. Perfectly moldable.
Thus, a bargain was struck. Ruse would scout sacrifices for him, and in turn Ruse would be gifted another day- week, month to live. Graciously, of course...

Voice claim: Tim Curry
Theme song(s): 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzYS3Ga_j8

« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 01:22:20 PM by TenderlyLiz »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruse is very thoughtfully developed! He comes across as an impish yet sympathetic fellow so far, and I look forward to finding out about his bonds with your other OCs! Also, flyers are just cool! :D

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Ruse is very thoughtfully developed! He comes across as an impish yet sympathetic fellow so far, and I look forward to finding out about his bonds with your other OCs! Also, flyers are just cool! :D

Thank you!! I can't wait to introduce him to other people's ocs as well! As soon as I get home from my vacation I'll be making an open RP prompt! All are welcome so keep your eye peeled hehe!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Thank you!! I can't wait to introduce him to other people's ocs as well! As soon as I get home from my vacation I'll be making an open RP prompt! All are welcome so keep your eye peeled hehe!

Ooh, sounds interesting!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I'm just experiencing a roller coaster of emotions just reading about Ruse, his personality, and his backstory. That's when you know that a character has been written very excellently. I love his design as well, polka dots do suit him well. And I'm not saying this to stroke Ruse's ego or anything, hehe-hahaha!

Indeed I concur with Rainbow, very sympathetic despite his flaws, which do make him all the more interesting/fun.

I'm curious how he got his name if he was born alone, though? :thinking

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm just experiencing a roller coaster of emotions just reading about Ruse, his personality, and his backstory. That's when you know that a character has been written very excellently. I love his design as well, polka dots do suit him well. And I'm not saying this to stroke Ruse's ego or anything, hehe-hahaha!

Indeed I concur with Rainbow, very sympathetic despite his flaws, which do make him all the more interesting/fun.

I'm curious how he got his name if he was born alone, though? :thinking

Oh, I can explain that! When Ruse is bored and needs to entertain himself, he often hunts down small herds and pesters them/harasses them relentlessly. They dubbed him "Ruse" thanks to his knack of tricking them or playing practical pranks. It just stuck! (He has no idea what it means...)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you, that certainly puts his name's origin into proper perspective! He wouldn't mind having that name certainly I'd think if he eventually finds out the real meaning, I'd imagine. After all...it's what he does best. :PteranoPlotting

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

GatchamanReborn

• Ruby
    • View Profile
You got me reviewing some non-dinosaurs again atm, pffth!

I was looking steadily at Ruse and Koen, but then again, I love my gators, crocs, and pterosaurs. I am a bit of an herp here. I feel bad for little Ruse, he is always welcomed to my 'gang' from my AU as they are a couple of misfit.

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
You got me reviewing some non-dinosaurs again atm, pffth!

I was looking steadily at Ruse and Koen, but then again, I love my gators, crocs, and pterosaurs. I am a bit of an herp here. I feel bad for little Ruse, he is always welcomed to my 'gang' from my AU as they are a couple of misfit.

Awww thank you! I'm glad you like Ruse, he's my favorite little guy!!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't wait for Koen's backstory. And not to mention, the irony of the meaning of his Dutch name, meaning "brave" and "bold." Mo-o-o-o rather think his name is still quite fitting... but with the only amusing caveat of him having a phobia of sorts when it comes to being crushed by the tall walkers/Longnecks. But... I mean, Mo-o-o not blame him one bit! Gotta be pretty fearless to not be afraid of dinosaurs that look like walking mountains!
:littlefoot

Also...is Koen's love interest a swimmer OC of yours not revealed yet? I'm just so invested into each OC you've revealed so far, heh. And I'm always excited and eager to meet each of these characters and know more about them. :D :D
That even includes the devious Gallio! :O
Not usually a fan or that crazy about villains...but there's just something about that flyer... particularly charming in a conniving manner. Kind of reminds me of Pterano, whom Mo-o-o was also decently fond of as well.
:PteranoPlotting

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I can't wait for Koen's backstory. And not to mention, the irony of the meaning of his Dutch name, meaning "brave" and "bold." Mo-o-o-o rather think his name is still quite fitting... but with the only amusing caveat of him having a phobia of sorts when it comes to being crushed by the tall walkers/Longnecks. But... I mean, Mo-o-o not blame him one bit! Gotta be pretty fearless to not be afraid of dinosaurs that look like walking mountains!

Also...is Koen's love interest a swimmer OC of yours not revealed yet? I'm just so invested into each OC you've revealed so far, heh. And I'm always excited and eager to meet each of these characters and know more about them. :D :D
Not usually a fan or that crazy about villains...but there's just something about that flyer... particularly charming in a conniving manner. Kind of reminds me of Pterano, whom Mo-o-o was also decently fond of as well.

There's the updated info for Koen! Hope you enjoy his backstory! It's not as fleshed out as Ruse's yet, but once I'm able to sit down and actually think about it, I'll update ya XD The swimmer oc is actually my partners! Her name is River! They looove eachother !!!  :RhettAli

As for Gallio, his storyline is coming shortly >B) He's a bit psycho but I think you'll like him!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 01:55:07 PM by TenderlyLiz »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

There's the updated info for Koen! Hope you enjoy his backstory! It's not as fleshed out as Ruse's yet, but once I'm able to sit down and actually think about it, I'll update ya XD The swimmer oc is actually my partners! Her name is River! They looove eachother !!!  :RhettAli

As for Gallio, his storyline is coming shortly >B) He's a bit psycho but I think you'll like him!

Ahhhh!!! Okay, so-o-o-o, first things first. I'm noticing quite the trend of tragic/unfortunate backstories for your OCs. Not that I'm complaining (not too much, at least :P), since Mo-o-o still enjoy reading what you have to say about the characters overall. For some reason... Mo-o-o had predicted before the swimmer OC reveal that it wasn't actually gonna be a bellydragger for Koen's partner, but another swimmer species. I was right, yes! :lol

Secondly, po-o-o-or Koen! :ChomperOhNo
His family abandoned him! Or never found him due to the watering hole that he kept secret from everyone else... but either way... not an ideal situation to be stuck in a single location for quite awhile. At least he was well fed in the meantime and eventually found a partner!

Thirdly... Ahhhh!!!! That one is for Gallio. A character's mind plagued with strange voices is never a good sign, oh no, no, no! Such a giant, menacing, conniving creature! It's as antagonistic as a villain can possibly get for the most part!

And upon re-inspection of the original Gallio artwork you've done squeezing poor Ruse, it's even m-o-o-ore sp-oo-oky noticing the giant flyer staring...actually right at us, the audience! Not even at Ruse! That's an even nicer touch to detail the threatening vibe of Gallio, nice!  :wow

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Ahhhh!!! Okay, so-o-o-o, first things first. I'm noticing quite the trend of tragic/unfortunate backstories for your OCs. Not that I'm complaining (not too much, at least :P), since Mo-o-o still enjoy reading what you have to say about the characters overall. For some reason... Mo-o-o had predicted before the swimmer OC reveal that it wasn't actually gonna be a bellydragger for Koen's partner, but another swimmer species. I was right, yes! :lol

His family abandoned him! Or never found him due to the watering hole that he kept secret from everyone else... but either way... not an ideal situation to be stuck in a single location for quite awhile. At least he was well fed in the meantime and eventually found a partner!

Thirdly... Ahhhh!!!! That one is for Gallio. A character's mind plagued with strange voices is never a good sign, oh no, no, no! Such a giant, menacing, conniving creature! It's as antagonistic as a villain can possibly get for the most part!

And upon re-inspection of the original Gallio artwork you've done squeezing poor Ruse, it's even m-o-o-ore sp-oo-oky noticing the giant flyer staring...actually right at us, the audience! Not even at Ruse! That's an even nicer touch to detail the threatening vibe of Gallio, nice!  :wow

:CeraHAPPY

I love a tragic backstory!!

Koen's family was already moving out of the location that evening, it's the same family Ruse meets when leaving the same swampy place when he was able to learn to fly. That being said, Ruse ends up meeting Koen later on after he and River leave the bog, Koen being in a much better mood then his weary and sad mother and siblings. They'll meet again tho, if time allows it!

Thank you so much!! Gallio is gonna be a devious sort, always plotting and scheming for his next meal, all while Ruse does the hard work. Thankfully, he only has to eat every few days, and Ruse is given time to relax between feedings/do his own thing. It's only when Gallio comes calling that he has to start up the hunt again...

I'd love to do an rp with someones oc being the victim of one of Gallio's meals, but Ruse would def stop it from happening.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

:CeraHAPPY

I love a tragic backstory!!

Koen's family was already moving out of the location that evening, it's the same family Ruse meets when leaving the same swampy place when he was able to learn to fly. That being said, Ruse ends up meeting Koen later on after he and River leave the bog, Koen being in a much better mood then his weary and sad mother and siblings. They'll meet again tho, if time allows it!

Thank you so much!! Gallio is gonna be a devious sort, always plotting and scheming for his next meal, all while Ruse does the hard work. Thankfully, he only has to eat every few days, and Ruse is given time to relax between feedings/do his own thing. It's only when Gallio comes calling that he has to start up the hunt again...

I'd love to do an rp with someones oc being the victim of one of Gallio's meals, but Ruse would def stop it from happening.

Of course you do. :p

It's probably implied... but just making sure, Koen's family at least tried looking for their missing son, right?! And by the fact that you describe his mother and siblings as "sad" and "weary", I'd think so. But hey, indeed Mo-o-o do-o-o love stories of reuniting, so I'd be happy for Koen if that happens.

I do like the fact Gallio calls the prey that Ruse is forced to hunt for him a "sacrifice". It's so fitting in this context, him believing he's some "reincarnated god of death" that he likes to call himself. Unfortunately for him, he is just as mortal as the rest of the dinos, and is only lucky that he can fly to escape most bad situations!

I hope for Ruse that he isn't constantly treated poorly by Gallio, like even after Ruse is already being forced to do his bidding. Like Mo-o-o hopes he's actually left alone for real if his services aren't needed.

Sounds like a pretty interesting RP idea, but can't be my Mosasaurus OC at least, and it's my only dino OC so far so someone else would have to fill that role. Dove does not like bullies like Gallio at all! :anger

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Of course you do. :p

It's probably implied... but just making sure, Koen's family at least tried looking for their missing son, right?! And by the fact that you describe his mother and siblings as "sad" and "weary", I'd think so. But hey, indeed Mo-o-o do-o-o love stories of reuniting, so I'd be happy for Koen if that happens.

I do like the fact Gallio calls the prey that Ruse is forced to hunt for him a "sacrifice". It's so fitting in this context, him believing he's some "reincarnated god of death" that he likes to call himself. Unfortunately for him, he is just as mortal as the rest of the dinos, and is only lucky that he can fly to escape most bad situations!

I hope for Ruse that he isn't constantly treated poorly by Gallio, like even after Ruse is already being forced to do his bidding. Like Mo-o-o hopes he's actually left alone for real if his services aren't needed.

Sounds like a pretty interesting RP idea, but can't be my Mosasaurus OC at least, and it's my only dino OC so far so someone else would have to fill that role. Dove does not like bullies like Gallio at all! :anger

His family did absolutely look for him! He was very important to them, especially as the oldest brother of the pack. He is mostly angry with himself, though he feels like he has to blame someone, he immaturely blames his mama...  :(petrie

Ruse is thankfully allowed the freedom to do what he wants to when he isn't hunting something for Gallio, though lately he's been avoiding doing even that. Usually, he'd track down a pack or herd and try to lure a younger member out to meet Gallio, fleeing shortly after so he doesn't have to witness the gobbling. But lately his conscience has been hot on his tail, and he hasn't been able to do much of anything for Gallio. This hasn't been going over well with Gallio at all.

Hehe that's alright! Dove sounds super fun, I'm sad we never got to do an rp with them!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, that makes sense why Koen would blame his mother. Hopefully he comes to realize it isn't the case!

Phew... Mo-o-o glad Ruse has some breathing room between his forced hunting sessions. Based on what you're saying though, I'm surprised Gallio hadn't caught on and is still giving benefit of the doubt. Though for Ruse's sake, he's quite lucky of that, he is, he is!

Well, in Ruse's Introduction RP, I was playing as Dove, so once that RP continues the character interactions can begin! :)

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, that makes sense why Koen would blame his mother. Hopefully he comes to realize it isn't the case!

Phew... Mo-o-o glad Ruse has some breathing room between his forced hunting sessions. Based on what you're saying though, I'm surprised Gallio hadn't caught on and is still giving benefit of the doubt. Though for Ruse's sake, he's quite lucky of that, he is, he is!

Well, in Ruse's Introduction RP, I was playing as Dove, so once that RP continues the character interactions can begin! :)

I can't wait to continue!! I'd love to learn more about Dove when the time comes! :)))