The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Bashful One

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Denton shook his head

"Me and my mother have lived on this side of the valley for ever since as long as I could remember."

He started to look up and around skimming the treetops wondering where his mother could be at this time of day.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail smiled as he commented "You are so lucky Denton, but the Mysterious Beyond isn't all bad...it does have some very nice places....ya just have to know where to look."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Where are Cera, Petrie, Ducky, Spike, Ruby, and Chomper Littlefoot?" asked Vylor.

"By the way, Denton, why do like being secluded?" asked Vylor to Denton.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well..." started Denton

"I've always felt I'd never be accepted. Because I'm so... different."

He then sighed "I once ventured out there, to see what it was like, and maybe make friends, I found a group at my age but they called me bad names and hurt me. So I decided to never return."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Here are a few words to live by: Forgive. If not, forget. It is better to forgive or forget some, then try to find others to befriend." said Vylor.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked at Vylor thinking before he spoke so he could remember righlty.  "Well, Chomper was playing with us and he saw a nest of stinking buzzers so he..," he paused looked at Denton, not wanting to scare him he avoided saying went to eat them instead he went on, "Petrie and Guido were practicing Guido's gliding and flying skills nearby.  Ducky and spike were playing with us while Cera had to help her dad with something but was going to join us very soon.  We were playing a game and I got a bit seperated, not wanting to be found to quickly.  We were playing explorers, rescuers and sharptooth." He said.  "Petrie and Guido were playing the part of rescuers as well as practicing Guido's flying and gliding."

Mim came in half carrying and half dragging some branches with tree stars on them with a mix of some tree sweets, ground stars, and a few other branches and large leaves.  "Here, I brought more then just tree stars since it is highly likely that a variety of tastes and foods is better and more enjoyable then just one taste alone."

Littlefoot realized he was hungry but realized also some thing else, "Mim," he started, wanting to ask a grown up first though he was pretty sure about what he needed to do.

"Yes, Littlefoot?" She asked putting the branches and other stuff near where the others were and spreading it out a bit so they would not get in each other's way as they ate.  She stepped back, holding a small branch with a few leaves as she did so, looking at Littlefoot.

"I think Denton needs to know about Chomper in case he meets him.  He doesn't know about him." He said.

Mim walked over to Littlefoot patting him on his back, "Very true, shall I tell him or would you rather, since you did help him hatch you should I think." She said.

Littlefoot nodded before turning to Denton, and any others who did know know about Chomper. "You have to know, Chomper is a nice person and there is no need to be afraid of him.  The grown ups know about him and though he's a young sharptooth he eats only crawlers, buzzers and things like that, he'd never eat any of us."

Mim nodded also saying, "He has red eyes and is about this tall." She said bending over to indicate how tall he was before she ate a leaf or two. "You needn't be afraid of him he is quite nice."

That said Littlefoot went over to start eating some of the treestars, making sure the others who wanted to would also.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Thanks, Mim." said Vylor.

"Denton, the reason why Chomper is so nice is because he was raised in part by Littlefoot." Vylor said to Denton before he began to eat himself.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "Anytime." She waves to her the food she brought, "Everyone eat up." She said.  She finished the few leaves on the branch she was eating on.  She went over to pick up another branch with some other small branches on it all filled with leaves.  She looked at it thinking a moment before she spoke. "I wonder of Cyrix may be hungry and would like some of these." She said.  She looked at Longtail, "What do you think?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled and said "Thank you Mim."When he heard her ask about his uncle he remembered what he said earlier...then answered "Yes I think that would be a good idea, but he is over by the bubbling mud pits." He then ate a few treesweets and a treestar.

"So..." said Longtail as he grabbed another treestar "I haven't met Chomper yet, this sounds like fun." he said with a smile. "So after we're done eating we go look for them right? I'm starting to get bored." he asked.

Meanwhile...

Cyrix was sitting in the bubbling mud pits and he had to admit it really was relaxing "I haven't felt this well in a long time!" he then thought 'I really should thank Tria for showing me this place.' "I wonder how my nephew is doing?" Cyrix said aloud.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot was eating the tree stars, being sure he did not eat the tree sweets.  He liked their taste, but thought it better the others eat the ones present.  He could always get some from his grandparents.    He nodded to what Longtail said.   "Once everyone is done eating we can.  There is only so many places he usually goes to."

____

Mim nodded, "Thanks." She said to Longtail then headed off in the direction of the bubbling mud pits.   Once she got there she stood near the edge and slowly stepped in with one foot.  She held up the branch with smaller branches all with leaves on them up saying, "Hello Cyrix, I was wondering if you were getting a little hungry."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled with a mouth full of treestars and said in a garbled voice "Muhhh...." then he thought if better if the others actually knew what he was saying and swallowed the treestars in his mouth, then continued "Yeah! Let's hurry up!"

-----

Cyrix began to blush at the sound of Mim's voice, but he quickly took a deep breath, turned to her and said "Why yes...I am actually, thank you." He knew however that hiding the blush on his face was impossible as Mim made her way into the mud pits.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot slowed eating, nearly finished.  He had learned from past mistakes about eating to much at any one time.

Mim made her way over to where Cyrix was.  As she drew nearer she could see his blush.  She smiled a warm smile, "The mud to warm for you?" She asked once she was closer.  She held out what she was carrying once she was near enough.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix slowly reached out, and retrieved the green food Mim was handing him, but to counter the blush and answer her at the same time he said "No....not at all...I was...just...uhh...thinking...about..a...uhh...song, yes a song I used to sing to my nephew when he couldn't sleep at night." He then took a bite out of the green food, just so he wouldn't have to talk anymore.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton had felt reluctant to have been able to join the others he thanked them kindly for the food and went on eating.

Soon there after the day was growing pale and the afternoon sun shown bright above. Denton who had stuffed himself more than he could had ever hoped for had quietly joined in with the group who were relaxing.

"I want to see the valley." he said "Can you show me around?" He said this seeming confident of his new friends. He did not know what to expect from such an adventure beyond his sheltered home. But he expected perhaps it would be worthwhile.

He learned from this encounter that his mother was right. There are those who would treat him as if he were their own. And in this knowledge, he felt more happier than he had ever been in his short lived life.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot having finished walked a short distance from the food and sat down to watch the others and wait.  He nodded to what Denton asked, "Sure, we'd be glad to.  There's lots of neat places we can show you." He said glad and a bit excited to have a new friend and places to show him.

_______

Mim nodded as she settled into the mud next to Cyrix comfortable and enjoying it's effects.  She looked over at Cyrix smiling a bit, "That must be some song.  Though many young ones do need a song to put them to sleep now and then." She said, going with the subject he had started, thinking it best not to pursue his blushing farther.  "It also appears the young ones all have a new friend we met today."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After stuffing himself Longtail walked over to where Littlefoot and Denton were sitting and said with a smile "I wish you two could fly...the best view of the valley is when you're flying over it." He then took a deep breath, exhaled it and thought 'I wonder if I have any brothers or sisters?'

----

Cyrix smiled and then asked "Yes the little blue longneck...what was his name again?" Cyrix laugh a little as he said "Would you like to hear the song Mim....I could sing it for you."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nods, "It must be nice to see.  Petrie has said much the same thing a few times."

_________

"Denton is his name.  He seems nice, though a bit shy." She said.  She nodded to what Cyrix said next, " I would like to hear it, thanks." She said as she relaxed more into the mud.  She found it very relaxing.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail nodded at Littlefoots statement and said "Yeah it really is."

-----

Cyrix slid further down into the mud feeling the warming effects and finally chose a song then said "Okay here we go..."

OOC: The song is One word ~ by P.O.D

IC:

Imagine only your soul can vision,

The heart of a child who looks, sees and listens,

Sees the world in every color, and what he sees he sees it like no other,

One Word, one word a voice unheard,

You can change the world,

seen through the eyes of a few kind,

A one of a kind paradise for you and I, you and I,

One Word, One word a voice unheard.

You can change the world.

He finished the part of the song turned to Mim and said "I usually only get that far, before Longtail falls asleep." He chuckled a bit at the memory of the first time he sang it Longtail.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Everyone eaten as much as they want or do some of you want to eat more?" He asked looking around.

_______

Mim closed her eyes as she listened to the song nodding in tune to the song she sank a little farther into the comfortable mud till she was at a comfortable depth within it.  She opened her eyes after Cyrix finished, "Nice song."  She nods, "Young ones usually do that, or stories if you tell it to them.  I use to do the same when I was a young one and my parents would sing to us or tell us a story."  She said, thinking a moment of the happy memories she had of her family.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Where should we go first?" asked Vylor.