The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 179745

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Zenoah,Jun 16 2011 on  12:04 AM
Ohhhh okay.
Is there a certain sceen? I kinda looked back but did'nt really see what it was.

What is the playtime of your movie?

And on the first page here there are some pictures. You can check if your copy contains something of it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've had no luck but I will continue my search to find it soon. They took out some dark parts of the movie. I forget what parts they took out.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
A lot of it had to do with the Sharptooth really...the big wigs said it would be too dark for kids...

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yeah back than it was very dark. In today's time that isn't dark for kids.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
A lot of Bluth's stuff was dark even with the stuff that was kept in.
I hear a lot of stuff was cut out of All Dogs and that movie was pretty dark too.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah Bluth is known for his dark animated movies. Secret Of Nihm was very dark for a kids movie. And everything thing was kept in. From blood to a couple of swears And so on.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know if this has been mentioned before or linked to but if you go on YouTube and type Pictures from The Land Before Time and find the one by LBTUploader you will find pictures from the Collector's Edition LaserDisc version of the film. I took note of some scenes not in the DVD or newer copies of the VHS.
00:29: Pic of Cera's sisters. Not sure what the scene was about.
01:47: A pic of the Sharptooth that I did not see in the DVD. (do not have my 1988 VHS version :(.....)
02:28: I didn't see this scene in the DVD version either. I wouldn't begin to know what this scene was.
4:39-4:45: The Spike Scene where Ducky wants Spike to join the herd. The second still is of Ducky with the berries.
4:49: Explains to me how they manage to get to the hole showing the circle of trees in the cave. The extended climb down the cave scene.
5:33: I've seen this still on this thread once before. Not on DVD.
5:50: A closeup scene of the gang sleeping in the Sharptooth footprint. Not on the DVD.
6:23: When the gang slides down the hill, there is an extended scene.
9:18: I've seen this still on this thread, also. It is the scene from the original where Littlefoot finds the Great Vally before rescuing his friends and defeating Sharptooth. Although the pic that follows is of the ending we all know now.
 I thought this was interesting. I've seen people on Ebay selling the Collector's Edition of this. If anyone was willing to pay for a player and the disc. A cheap player can be found on Amazon. And you can just search for the disc on Ebay. I would love to see these scenes. I wonder if the Mother vs. Sharptooth scenes (extended) are on there, too.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^We've seen those stills. Pokeplayer984 (he is LBTUploader, but don't spread the message on Youtube!) posted them somewhere on this forum. As far as I know there were no additional scenes of the fight, but there were a bunch scenes of Petrie's escape from the Sharptooth.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes he is the lucky one that owns the disc and a player to watch it.

And I think that is the thread you mean: click

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Jun 20 2011 on  09:49 PM
Wow small world.
Really is when it comes to fanbases like the one from the land before time :)

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
So wait, run that by me again. Is the Laserdisc edition the closest thing to an "uncut" version? If so, it shouldn't be too hard to restore those lost scenes - somebody send one to Universal or Don Bluth and get them to rerelease it!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wish I had found this site 2 years ago. I had a VHS copy of this movie, really old. And I know for certain that it had a more graphic fight sequence. I watched it 2 years ago so the memory is still fresh. Sady, I HAD the VHS copy. Not anymore. I know for sure it was more graphic cuz my new DVD version, the scene seemed just a tad bit shorter and I wondered why. Then I found out that some editing had been to done to the original film and the theatrical cut of it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah awesome I hoped that you still had the movie Justin. I would have love to see the uncut version of it.  I need to get looking for it. And it took a lot of dark parts out. Witch they shouldn't have.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
When I was a kid, a cartoon was a cartoon. No matter how dark it was. I enjoyed them all. I didn't cry  when Littlefoot's mother died, nor did I even worry about anything being "racist." And the Sharptooth was my favorite of all of the dinosaurs. Not scary at all. That's my opinion. I would love to see the 19 cut clips. But Universal had to destroy them. For storage space. I mean it's not like they had any other choice. I mean they just absolutely couldn't EXPAND their storage. Or at least destroy something that was of less value and not exactly liked.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If the uncut version exists, it will re-surface sometime. Movies have been lost for 50 years, and then found by accident. I wouldn't hold my breath, tough. Many movies are lost forever.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be surprised if Bluth or one of the former artists still own a private copy of the pre-Spielberg/Lucas version.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a question. Bill Erwin is credited as voicing Grandpa on the 1st film. Yet in the short time Grandpa was in the film, I did not hear him speak. He laughed, but any actor with a speaking role could have done that. Is it possible that he spoke in a scene that also didn't make it into the movie yet was still credited?

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Didn't Grandpa called Littlefoot by his name, when the gang arrived to the Great Valley?