The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 180145

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Jun 21 2011 on  02:38 AM
Didn't Grandpa called Littlefoot by his name, when the gang arrived to the Great Valley?
No.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hope that the movie isn't gone forever. I would like to see what parts where cut. Hopefully it will resurface.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Justin1993,Jun 21 2011 on  01:57 AM
I have a question. Bill Erwin is credited as voicing Grandpa on the 1st film. Yet in the short time Grandpa was in the film, I did not hear him speak. He laughed, but any actor with a speaking role could have done that. Is it possible that he spoke in a scene that also didn't make it into the movie yet was still credited?
Could be possible. It might be that his grandparents were supposed to have a more active role in the movie, but was scrapped for some reason.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
That's interesting.
I dont think I recall the grandparent saying anything other than just chuckling.

Apple

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I know it probably wont work, but I'm going to buy as many VHS's as I can of the original movie, and see if I can find the uncut one.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think if there are uncut VHS copies then it can be only the very first releases from the end of the 80s. I own a copy from the beginning of the 90s and it is the full cut version.
But what puzzles me in that case is that pokeplayers laserdisc is also full cut and if I am right it was released at the same time as the first VHS copies.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dilopho,Jun 30 2011 on  02:04 AM
But what puzzles me in that case is that pokeplayers laserdisc is also full cut and if I am right it was released at the same time as the first VHS copies.
pokeplayer has the Collector's Edition of the laserdisc. Released 1997.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Are you sure? The cover in his thread about the disc looks like the old one from end of the 80s.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If it had been an original 1989 release it would have had the cover art with the gang on the log and the sharptooth in the background. The Collector's Edition laserdisc was the only release (that i've seen) with baby Littlefoot on the cover.

Examples:

Collector's Edition cover

Original 1989 Poster

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Ok, then it makes sense that it includes the cut version.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I wish there was a site or some kind to buy the uncut version of this movie. And I don't care if it's in Finnish. Does that in clue the uncut version?

Apple

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I just checked and my copy is from 1989. Sadly, it's the cut version.  :(

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Aw the movie did come out in 1988. So I'm sure it's out there.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Apple,Jun 30 2011 on  05:11 PM
I just checked and my copy is from 1989. Sadly, it's the cut version.  :(
Is this a normal VHS release or the version you could get at Pizza Hut? In my opinion the only chance for an uncut VHS is, if the production was before the official theatrical screening, like the few books that contain the uncut story f.e. the Illustrated Story.

Apple

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I think it's the regular VHS release, I never knew you could get it at pizza hut.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Apple,Jun 30 2011 on  05:11 PM
I just checked and my copy is from 1989. Sadly, it's the cut version.  :(
If your VHS is in fact a 1989 production copy, can you check to see if the Mother vs Sharptooth scene is edited? Further editing was done after the movie's release on that scene and I was wondering if it contains the clip where we see the Sharptooth bite the mother. Nowadays, home releases only show the attack in shadow.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
If it does than you have the full uncut version of the movie witch is great.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jul 1 2011 on  07:41 AM
If it does than you have the full uncut version of the movie witch is great.
Actually, no it would just be the version before the 90's re-release. Prior to its original release, more editing to the film was done to this specific scene in order to make it more child-friendly like its sequels.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
God they destroyed the whole series by making them child friendly. These where dark times. They should have been darker.

Apple

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I'll check the scene as soon as I can, but I do remember the attack only in shadow. I really hope it is the un-edited version though.