The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Riddles

jorrdy12 · 125 · 12811

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It seems that in case nobody guesses the riddle right, anyone can take the next one. This is my first riddle so I hope it's at least somewhat good.  :p

Uninvited I come,
formless I hide,
threat I am on both land and sea
but never am I opposed.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
can I ask little question? I have a question: I translate "opposed" as "something that makes threat", but it was said "threat I am" before. How so? Is it part of  puzzle, or I translated wrong?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I see opposed here as meaning that no one can do anything to contain the object of the riddle even if it is a threat to them. In other words, it can be dangerous in a way but there's pretty much nothing that can be done about it (if that makes any sense). :p

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
if no ones trying, time for a stupid guess, I guess. :p

Time? It can be dangerous to us, taking it's toll on us, and taking those we love away from us, but there's nothing we can do about it.

EDIT: Didn't even see the original riddle, just your reply to Snik's question, but I guess my guess still stands. time doesn't have a form, and it's a threat on land and sea, and it comes whether you want it to or not.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, an interesting and actually logical answer but that's not what I had in mind. The correct answer isn't as abstract, in fact it can be seen. :p The guess wasn't stupid at all as I doubt the riddle is really great either. It's my first one. :lol:

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That guess is actually quite close but not the thing I was looking for. ;)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope, that was a bit further away from the answer. :sducky

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope and there has been more than three attempts. Should I reveal the answer? :unsure:

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, seeing there are no more guesses, the answer is mist. Very original, I know. :p Justin's answer was the closest one so he may continue if he wants to but otherwise, anyone can take the next turn. :)

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Oct 20 2017 on  12:46 PM
Time? It can be dangerous to us, taking it's toll on us, and taking those we love away from us, but there's nothing we can do about it.

EDIT: Didn't even see the original riddle, just your reply to Snik's question, but I guess my guess still stands. time doesn't have a form, and it's a threat on land and sea, and it comes whether you want it to or not.
Oh, if we could only just live in a land before that thing! :lol  :lol