The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do you think there's any chance...?

Ratiasu · 32 · 3688

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't know about you, but personally I love all of the openings to the Land Before Time movies - you know, when the narrator comes in talking about the history of life or something and there's music playing the background. I just finished watching the Invasion of the Tinysauruses, which I thought wasn't that great (was anyone else annoyed by the horrid CGI dinosaurs at the end? Honestly, even I could make something better than that! Loved the sub-plot about Cera, Mr. Threehorn, and Tria, though.), that lovely little piano tune...jeez, I fell in love with it. Well, in any case, my question is...do you think there's even the slightest chance a CD will be released, featuring mp3s or such of the openings of each LBT movie, and possibly the credits tracks of each movie? I honestly hope so, or else I'm going to start recording them myself.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I also hope so too Ratiasu (this means Latias in Japanese. Isn't it?). All that BGM used in any LBT music... I waana listen them in mp3 someday.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lain_EX,Nov 12 2006 on  03:17 AM
I also hope so too Ratiasu (this means Latias in Japanese. Isn't it?). All that BGM used in any LBT music... I waana listen them in mp3 someday.
I believe it means hidden female, or something of that sort. In any case, yeah, a background music album would be great, too, even though for about 2.5/3 of the time the movies re-use the tracks from the original movie, there were some original tunes that I actually...quite liked.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
d, featuring mp3s or such of the openings of each LBT movie, and possibly the credits tracks of each movie? I honestly hope so, or else I'm going to start recording them myself.
I seee.... B)
Well, I shall indeed keep that in mind.  I think I just got a new project! :wow
And no, I'm not going to just record the tracks (I've already done that; if anyone wants the clips, e-mail, PM or MSN me).  I've got a...better idea (the newbies here may not know what I'm talking about but some of the veteran members here might).  Gimme some time; you'll see. :yes   The problem with just recording the sound clips is that you get all the sound effects and dialogue in the recording.  I'm...working around that to get the purest music I possibly can, without Any dialogue or sound effects to interfere. :DD

that lovely little piano tune...jeez, I fell in love with it.
Do you mean the one at the opening of LBT 11?  I sincerely agree; I Loved that piano part so much that I tried to learn to play it, but it gets too hard for me near the end of the segment. :P:   That was easily one of the best things about LBT 11! :D

do you think there's even the slightest chance a CD will be released, featuring mp3s or such of the openings of each LBT movie
Workin' on it!   B)

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Nov 12 2006 on  02:50 PM
d, featuring mp3s or such of the openings of each LBT movie, and possibly the credits tracks of each movie? I honestly hope so, or else I'm going to start recording them myself.
I seee.... B)
Well, I shall indeed keep that in mind.  I think I just got a new project! :wow
And no, I'm not going to just record the tracks (I've already done that; if anyone wants the clips, e-mail, PM or MSN me).  I've got a...better idea (the newbies here may not know what I'm talking about but some of the veteran members here might).  Gimme some time; you'll see. :yes

that lovely little piano tune...jeez, I fell in love with it.
Do you mean the one at the opening of LBT 11?  I sincerely agree; I Loved that piano part so much that I tried to learn to play it, but it gets too hard for me near the end of the segment. :P:   That was easily one of the best things about LBT 11! :D

do you think there's even the slightest chance a CD will be released, featuring mp3s or such of the openings of each LBT movie
Workin' on it!   B)
Oh that's great! Glad I gave you an idea for a new project...err...whatever that may be. As for the LBT 11 opening, yeah, that was one of the best parts of the movie.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ratiasu,Nov 12 2006 on  01:15 PM
I believe it means hidden female, or something of that sort.
No, I was talkin' about the legendary PokÈmon. Anyway, that music stuff sounds kewl. :DD

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I shall do my best to complete the LBT 11 opening by the end of tonight.  If not, I can almost guarantee it will be up by the end of the weekend. B)

By the way, I have no intention of rewriting the End Credits music to any of the sequels.  This is because none of the End Credits (except LBT 11's Stupid Stompers song) have any vocals or sound effects to intrude on the music.  The results would be better if you were to simply record the End Credits music off your movie than to wait for me to try and rewrite the music by ear using virtual instruments. :P:

The reason I will be rewriting the rest of the LBT music is because they Do contain sound effects, speech, and other distractions.  By rewriting the music, I will completely eliminate these distractions and (ideally) have a very listenable piece of music that will sound quite close to the original.  I'm about 1/3 done the LBT 11 opening but I have all evening/night to work on it, and I have been working very slowly. :P:

I know the results won't be as good as it would be if live players were performing the music as in much of the original films.  There is an $11,000 virtual orchestra available, considered the most realistic, accurate virtual orchestra in the world
There is an $11,000 virtual orchestra available, considered the most realistic, accurate virtual orchestra in the world.  If anyone wants to help pay for it for me, I'll be glad to use it to the LBT community's advantage. :p

(hey, you can't blame a guy for trying!)
Until then, here's what I'll be using:
http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSO-Gold-Bu...W-160PROB1.html
It can do a pretty decent job.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Good to hear, action. That's okay if it's not an exact replica, but I was wondering if you could replicate music like that with movies other than the Land Before Time?

And wow. That program is $895.00!? Quite a lot of money. The most money I've ever had is a hundred bucks.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
but I was wondering if you could replicate music like that with movies other than the Land Before Time?
Most definitely, provided that it's within my abilities.  I do all of my work manually without the help of conversion programs.  As a result, the music needs to be within my skill level.  Most music, however, I feel I can reproduce fairly accurately, given enough time.

I focus on the Land Before Time music here because it is an LBT forum.  I'm not really working on much else at the moment.  But ya, I can handle most kinds of music from any source.  For pop/techno music, I may not have the synthesizers and effects to reproduce them accurately, but I can probably get them close enough.

And wow. That program is $895.00!? Quite a lot of money.
I spent almost all of my summer employment money on music software. :lol  But it was worth it; I'm having a great time!

One of the reasons it's so expensive is because of the licence it comes with.  The sounds are entirely royalty-free, meaning that I can legally produce music using the software, and sell it if I desire.  That commercial licence is mainly what shoots the price up so high. :P:  There is a Student licence (where the user cannot legally sell their work) of the software, for about $350 or so, but I figured I might as well just go all-out and if any doors open up, I won't have any limitations.  I haven't sold anything yet but I'm also still reasonably new to the software too.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Nov 19 2006 on  01:13 AM
but I was wondering if you could replicate music like that with movies other than the Land Before Time?
Most definitely, provided that it's within my abilities.  I do all of my work manually without the help of conversion programs.  As a result, the music needs to be within my skill level.  Most music, however, I feel I can reproduce fairly accurately, given enough time.

I focus on the Land Before Time music here because it is an LBT forum.  I'm not really working on much else at the moment.  But ya, I can handle most kinds of music from any source.  For pop/techno music, I may not have the synthesizers and effects to reproduce them accurately, but I can probably get them close enough.
Ah. I see. That's understandable. I'll keep that information in mind if I ever want to request anything...err, if you're up to taking requests, that is. Most of the music I, err, might as for will be the background music for movies that never released an instrumental soundtrack. So no pop or techno music for you to worry about.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll keep that information in mind if I ever want to request anything...err, if you're up to taking requests,
Ya, you bet! :yes  Anything you may want, just ask away.  The only requirement is that I have access to a recording of the original music somehow.  Even a clip of the music in the movie, or a MIDI of the music is good enough. I just need access to it somehow.  An original source, as opposed to a MIDI, is preferred though since the MIDI may not be entirely accurate itself.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Nov 19 2006 on  12:38 PM
I'll keep that information in mind if I ever want to request anything...err, if you're up to taking requests,
Ya, you bet! :yes  Anything you may want, just ask away.  The only requirement is that I have access to a recording of the original music somehow.  Even a clip of the music in the movie, or a MIDI of the music is good enough. I just need access to it somehow.  An original source, as opposed to a MIDI, is preferred though since the MIDI may not be entirely accurate itself.
Okay, good to know! I'm going over to my mom's house today, and my microphone is there, so I'll be able to record a couple samples of the music...granted, they'll be directly from the movie, so there'll be dialogue and sound effects and such, so I hope that's okay.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
they'll be directly from the movie, so there'll be dialogue and sound effects and such, so I hope that's okay.
That's just fine.  I can work around the sound effects and dialogue. B)

What movie(s) do you plan on recording?

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Nov 19 2006 on  01:54 PM
they'll be directly from the movie, so there'll be dialogue and sound effects and such, so I hope that's okay.
That's just fine.  I can work around the sound effects and dialogue. B)

What movie(s) do you plan on recording?
Just parts of PokÈmon 3 (I love Entei's theme. It's so heroic.) for now, but I may find something else later on.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
To quote myself a few posts ago:
I shall do my best to complete the LBT 11 opening by the end of tonight. If not, I can almost guarantee it will be up by the end of the weekend.
Grrr School!  I had to abandon this project for quite a bit of time this weekend, due to my school project group needing to get together to work on an assignment, not to mention I forgot about an exam I have tomorrow...so I really needed to study for that.  I'll get to this LBT 11 opening as soon as possible! :yes

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Nov 20 2006 on  07:54 PM
To quote myself a few posts ago:
I shall do my best to complete the LBT 11 opening by the end of tonight. If not, I can almost guarantee it will be up by the end of the weekend.
Grrr School!  I had to abandon this project for quite a bit of time this weekend, due to my school project group needing to get together to work on an assignment, not to mention I forgot about an exam I have tomorrow...so I really needed to study for that.  I'll get to this LBT 11 opening as soon as possible! :yes
School is always a bother, isn't it?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It seems so to most of those who do have the privilege of visiting a school.
I admit that I would have sounded differently when I was still at school, and I do admit that you learn a lot of stuff you won't ever need. Nevertheless we shouldn't forget about the many people who would sacrifice their right arm for the chance of any education whatsoever and the chances it brings to the receiver.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have aborted the LBT 11 opening music because I found a way to rip the music off the original disc while removing all of the dialogue. It was actually very simple.

As a result, I have no need to manually reproduce the entire Opening music to LBT 11.  I can show you how it turned out if you want.  Just PM or MSN me. :yes

I will be working on other parts of the LBT series soundtrack in time, but I have too much to do with school right now.  I will spend more time working on LBT stuff over Christmas break.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I have aborted the LBT 11 opening music because I found a way to rip the music off the original disc while removing all of the dialogue. It was actually very simple.
This is interesting! Would this work on any mixture of music and dialogue, so that, once you have more time again, the method could be used to get hold of the parts of the original movie's music which weren't included in the official soundtrack?