The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How Do I Still Live

Nahla · 94 · 11281

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Heheh just playing around with yah,cause Nahla's seriousness is sold separately.

This will actally be a whole series.

The series about Littlefoot and Nahla going on one crazy adventure after another..

Ok that the basic plot for all episdoes and movies...

Well Nahla inherits the Shadowlands,not sure what she will do with them though.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter 7:

A lizard bolted as Nahla placed her foot on the rock it was sleeping on,she began her climb up the mountain. Suddenly she slipped "HELP!" she screamed but well knowing no one was around. But luckily she managed to regain her balance. Sighing with relief she began looking around for a easier way up. She saw a set of stones forming something like a staircase,smiling she scaled over to them.

"Much better" she said jumping up the stone staircase.  Reaching the top she looked around,there not to far away was the burning mountains,only about another hour or so walk.

She saw a bridge like stone leading to a small meadow with,bushes,trees,sweet bubbles and WATER!.

Nahla grinned and began bolting towards it,sadly as she reached there another longneck stood in her way.

"Who are you?" the large male demanded.

"I'm....I'm Nahla I just escaped the Shadowlands-"

"THE SHADOWLANDS?!! GET OUT OF HERE SHADOWLANDER!" the male shouted cutting her off,the rest of the herd began to chase her away.

Nahla screamed as she slipped and began to tumble down a rocky slope,she landed in the mud.

Nahla rasied her head and coughed,blood ozzing from her sides,standing up she tried to sneak around the herd just for a drink of water but they would not let her.

The child sighed and sat down a few feet away from the happy content herd not one of them caring for her,Nahla looked up at the sky "Why did you leave me Mother?" she asked tears in her eyes "I don't want to live anymore..not without you" she plopped herself down and cried her heart out,the sound echoed for miles.

However not one of the herd members came to her.

Not one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Nahla :cry well she will find the Great Valley soon..maybe...I hope

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter 8

Nahla slowly awoke with a yawn,blinking a few times. Standing up she began walking knowing she was vulnerable out in the open. With her head held low,searched the ground for any signs of water. But she had no luck.

"Nahla" the same voice whispered and blew a tree-star over to her.

Nahla shocked walked over to it and jumped back when water began to appear.

"Drink up,find The Great Valley" the voice whispered.

Nahla lapped up the water,but she was confused. Who was this voice? Why did it seem to want her to go to The Great Valley so bad?. She shook her head and walked on a gentle breeze following her. Nahla suddenly stopped when she thought she saw another longneck,full of hope she sprinted towards them only to crash into a stone. Nahla glared up at the rock that looks like a longneck rubbing her head "Fiddlesticks" she compained . Well least she was on track now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Littlefoot laid on a ledge as his Grandparents finished their breakfast. He was thinking about what Grandma said about other children starving. The thought saddened him. He wished there was something he could do. Standing up he turned and walked back to his Grandparents.

Grandpa stared down at his grandson,"Whats wrong Littlefoot?" he said gently.

Littlefoot sighed "I was thinking about what you said yesterday..it just makes me sad".

Grandma reached down and nuzzled him "It's fine little one,you don't need to worry about that right now,that is something you must leave to us grown ups,understand?"

Littlefoot nodded "Yes Grandma".

Standing a few feet away was a faint figure of another longneck "Soon my son,soon" she whispered looking at Littlefoot "Soon you will meet the one your fated with and together you will save" she chuckled and vanished

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ahh ;)
It seems like Littlefoots mum selected Nahla to be his big love O_O

Keep posting! Your fic is good and short chapters are easier to read, especially if you're in a hurry and haven't much time :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yep she did so she dragging the poor girl across the Mysterious Beyond lol.

If you think about it this story so far sounds like Prologue to the RP.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Haha, I sense we are close to the fated meeting! Wonderful job! I especially like the subtle references to the first movie you put it ;)
Just one thing, mostly spelling-wise:
Standing up she began walking knowing she was venerable out in the open.
I think the word you meant was 'vulnerable'. Venerable means "Noble" :)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yup  :(

and thanks Strut I'm no good at big words  :unsure:.

You can kinda read the RP to see how the story goes kinda

This goes way different got the newest chapter coming soonish,Nahla  will arrive in the valley in time,but she does not get a very welcoming...welcome.

And a shocking twist will be coming soon hehehe

Please point out any other mistakes I miss even when I proof read.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No worries; if you would like, I'll keep an eye out for you. Proofreading's a pain though, innit? :p
Microsoft Word has spell-checker options, though, if you have Word. I've found they're really useful to my stories :)
Woo... suspense, I likes!
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~

Nahla walked through a desert her head still ringing from when she hit the rock. Also another thing it was hot hot HOT. Nahla hang her head panting from the heat,her stomach was screaming for food. She stopped and pawed at the ground,smiling with her little hole filled with water.

"There must be an underground river or something..but it's warm" Nahla commented lapping it all up pleased with herself. Though she was thankful for the water,what she wanted was food. She was hoping she would find something even a pick of grass would do her right now. Nahla used her tail to shield her blue eyes and looked into the distance and was now very very close to the burning mountains...a little too close for her liking. She looked down at the hole that was once again full of water,then she realized why...it was an underground river all right but she glanced up,she found out why it was warm. Now rushing towards her was a river of fire water. The burning mountains were erupting.

~~~~~~~

Oh this poor girl  :lol

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Poor Nahla  :cry

I'm sure she gonna escape the mountians of inpending doom though,I just know it.

:unsure: Ps: I read your notes for the next chapter,I'm not a fortune teller

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Zimmy!  :anger

You just spoiled it!

Wait....you were reading my notes?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ohh Nahla, now you made the mountain angry, girl :slap
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
her stomach was screaming for food...
I really like this metaphor :D

YAY! Volcanos in action :D I'm into any kind of natural disasters lol, watching them is very interesting(e.g. lava erupting :D)

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What were you doing in my bedroom?

And thanks everyone,more to come.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This chapter we return to the Shadowlands,you stay in suspense about Nahla for a while more.

Chapter 10

Hii bonde la mauti [This valley of death]
   Hakuna klika [No escape]
 Matumaini yoyote aliyepotea [Any hope is lost]
Zilizooza mbali katika nchi Hiikivuli  [Rotting away in this Shadowland]

The Shadowlands residents were still  mourning over the deaths of Nani and the children. No one finding it odd Nahla's body was never found,even if she was eaten there would still be bones.

Hades could care less,he was glad they were dead. They weren't fit enough to live in the Shadowlands and to be called part of his herd.

The black male laid on his ledge that looked over the wasteland that was once a leaf eaters paradise.

Fed up and hungry and stomped down to where the females were "Whats this? Stop sobbing and get to work!" he shouted to the ones in charge of finding food.

The lead of the search party,Rina stepped forward "Hades we are doing our best but the land is dead" she sighed "And besides we are still in mourning".

Hades rolled his eyes "Well stop mourning and get over it! Your Shadowlanders not some whiny Great Valley crybaby!".

A longneck child appeared beside Hades and laughed "Heheh Great Valley Crybabys".

Hades glared down at the child and smiled "Theres my special guy". The females rolled their eyes.

Ares was just like his father expect he had a stripe of silver running down his back,and like Nahla a blaze but like his stripe it was silver.

Ares already talked about how we was 'gonna grow up and be just like his father'.

Most of the females with children kept their young ones away from the 'devil child'. Even now as Ares was there the mothers stood over their own young.

Ares grinned he adored his father. Hades turned his head back to the herd "Get to work" he growled his eyes glowing.

The food searching took off,though they knew their chance of finding something was slim.

Hades turned to the remaining feamles "Rest of you...come with me".

Tafadhali tuokoe [Please save us]
Kwa msaada wako tunawaombeni [For your help we beg]
Zilizooza mbali katika nchi Hiikivuli  [Rotting away in this Shadowland]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not my normal type of chapter but I like it ok.

The little chant thingy is in Swahili the words in brackets are the translations.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To be honest I rather expected you to use an aboriginal language since you're from Australia :lol
Using another language is an interesting thing... maybe the Shadowlanders have their own language :)
Anyway, why did you use Swahili? Is there a special reason?

Ah, I'm glad you introduced Ares now :D I'm very excided what he'll do in your fic( we already know, what he's done in our RP :DD )

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I used Swahili cause to me thats what the Shadowlanders speak I love the language ,I'm just making them talk in english for understanding what they are saying. They know english or as they call it 'Great Vallyen' in my fics Swahili is called 'Shadowlandlish. I know the names stick sush. Nahla spoke Shadowlandish a few chapters ago 'Beso Bo' means farewell.

Anyway

Chapter 11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nahla froze in panic as the fire water got closder,she turned tail and sprinted away,a small bit burning the tip of her tail. Used to much worse pain Nahla did not even seem to flinch but she did clench her teeth. She jumped on a rock,she would be safe for a bit however she knew she would need to find something higher as the fire water river was rising fast and soon her rock would be surrounded.

Looking around she spotted a ledge,it was a huge risk to try the jump but not as risky as the one she took in the Shadowlands. Taking a deep breath she used everything she had to leap,she stumbled on landing,shaking her head she regained her balance. Sighing with relief she looked down. The rock she was on minutes ago was now submerged by the firewater. If she was still on there she would be boiled longneck.

Nahla padded across the slop looking for a safe spot to slide back down,in the distance about a few hours away she spotted walls surrounding a valley like area,her heart filled with hope. Was this The Great Valley?.

The pink female walked on glancing up at the sky crying in the Shadowlander language "Mama,Wewe aliahidi Ningependa kuwa huko, wakati mimi zinahitajika wewe, wakati milele mimi kuwaita jina lako ... yako siyo mahali popote .. mimi nina hivyo peke yake" [Translation: Mother,You promised you'd be there,whenever I needed you,when ever I call your name...your not anywhere..I'm so alone.] tears fell from her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New thing I'm adding that will speak (sometimes) Swahili but there will always be a translation beside it,however they will still speak in english,save poor me double the work.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Interesting idea of the Shadowlanders having their own language.
Looks like she nearly at the valley! OOOOOOOOOOH

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The bright circle began to rise above The Great Valley

Nahla arrived on top of The Great Wall and was looking down into the distance amazed at what she saw,once again the figure standing next to her "This is it my dear" she smiled.

Nahla grinned "I did it! Thanks Miss Jenna!" she hugged the figure.

Jenna smiled "No problem Nahla,go on in. Your heart will lead you the rest of the way" with that the figure started to fade "Don't mess up my son" she whispered to herself said looking  forward spotting Grandma,Grandpa and Littlefoot sleeping.

Nahla took a death breath and began to try and climb down,only to trip and tumble head first "Ow..." she moaned and got up. With a sigh she began to walk through the valley her head swinging side to side in amazment. Luckily hardly anyone was up yet so no one spotted the Shadowland padding through their valley. Not looking where she was going she crashed into a large grey body. Gasping she turned tail and bolted.

Grandpa felt someone bumping into him,he looked over but whoever did it was gone "Hello?" he called standing up alerting Grandma too.

They both began to follow a shuffling sound. Littlefoot ran after them "Whats going on?" he asked them, Grandma looked down at him "Stay here little one" she told him looking around.

Nahla tried to climb up a hill but it was slippy due to morning dew.she slipped and tumbled down striking her head on a large rock with enough force to split her head open,however Nahla luckily escaped that today.,Nahla could feel her eyes slipping close..which she hoped was forever.

"Oh...my...goddess" Grandma gasped in complete horror staring at Nahla. The young child was so thin you could see all her bones and covered in blood and cuts,and more blood was still pouring. Even as she lied in that spot a pool of blood was already forming and was quite large already.

Littlefoot was in shock "Grandma..Grandpa?"

Grandpa looked around in panic "Littlefoot..go back to the nest please" he said calmly.

Grandma nodded "Yes dear please" they did not want Littlefoot to see this.

Littlefoot took one last glance at Nahla and bolted.

Last thing Nahla saw before her mind blacked out,was two massive heads lowered over her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFF HANGER,stay tuned for The Meeting Part 2