The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How Do I Still Live

Nahla · 94 · 11283

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Dang it Nahla! I want the meeting part 2! :bang
Heh, I know I haven't actually commented here before, but I have been reading all the way through and I'm really enjoying  it so far! Whoo, just wondering what Littlefoot's grandparents are going to do with her now. :lol:

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoohoo!
Nahla finally reaches the Valley! :D But she's injured, no, no, no :(
Inactive, probably forever.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh right oh right heres part 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grandma and Grandpa glanced at each other in complete shock,to them it was like a nightmare come to life.

Grandma looked around "What do we do" the terrified female cried. Grandpa looked down at Nahla giving her a gentle nudge "I..I'm afraid we won't be able to save her,not in this state...theres no hope she.... won't survive" Grandpa said blinking back tears for the young lost soul.

Grandma stomped her foot refusing to accept that "She will! We can save her! Please just try dear! She is somebodys child,we can't just let her die" Grandma sobbed.

Grandpa sighed "Ok,we can do our best" he turned and grabbed some tree-stars and dipped them in a nearby stream. Using the tree-stars he began wiping away the blood on the infant longneck.

Littlefoot was watching from the nest and shaking,he never been so scared-and he was not the one injured!. He just hoped the other kid would be ok,she looked so dead to her...reminded him of his mother's motionless afte she d-. Littlefoot shook his head to get rid of those thoughts and looked back at the female longneck child,his heart began to flutter. She was beautiful-even though she was splattered in blood. Littlefoot amused when she was all cleared up she would be gorgeous. He had no idea what these feelings meant though.

Grandma began wrapping ferns around Nahla's body to stop more blood from pouring and to cover those sicking wounds,her ribs stuck out like a sharptooth  in a herd of swimmers though. She was very underweight,Grandma was beginning to wonder if she ever even ate....in her life..

More cleaning soon revealed a pure white blaze on her face. Grandma and Grandpa glanced at each other...they were sure they seen that same marking before.

They just shrugged it off though,after wrapping enough tree-stars around the child that you could hardly even see her body,Grandma and Grandpa stepped back "All we can do now is wait and hope" Grandpa commented gravely.

Nahla began to moan as her light blue eyes began to open,she let out a gasp of pain. She turned her head and saw all her 'bandages'.

Grandma and Grandpa walked forward "Oh we were so worried!" Grandma plopped herself down next to the confused and terrified child.

Grandpa nodded "Just one question....who are you?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'
Meeting Part 3 -COMING SOON..I AM SUCH A TEASE  :lol

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Meeting part three......? ARRRGGHHHH but it was nice seeing Grandma and Grandpa work their helping magic about to save Nahla. Good for them. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
GAAAH! :o
oh, Nahla, how dare you?! JK, really
o my goodness, so much action, and I like how you connected Littlefoot's past with Nahla's present state, it would be conflicting for him, and terribly reminiscient as well. And Grandma and Grandpa rock; I don't think they will turn her out; they're too parental :3
Uh-oh, the dreaded quesiton, Da Da DUNN!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whew, she's alive! Yeah :DD

If I didn't already know roughly, what might happen next, I'd burst out of excitement :lol

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Why do I have a feeling,Nahla did this 'Part 3' thing as little Aprils Fools joke :lol. We were all excited for the rest of it and then Nahla: Part 3 coming soon.

Hehe Littlefoot got a crush on Nahla

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nahla's rise rose in fear "I'm....uh...I'm....N-n-Nahla" the child stammered shaking.

Grandma rubbed her head against that of Nahla "Hello Nahla,no need to be scared we're here to help you. We are worried about you" she whispered in a calming motherly tone.

Nahla leaned into the touch her eyes drooping close as she drifted in and out of sleep.

"It's all right" Grandma kept on whispering as she kept on rubbing,she slightly turned her head to face her mate "Go and get her something to eat,she needs a good meal and she needs one now".

Grandpa nodded and turned sprinting to where he knew there were some fruits,almost colliding with his grandson "Sorry Littlefoot!" he shouted as he managed to dodge the young one just in time.

Litttlefoot stared after his Grandpa confused,he turned his head to see his Grandma comforting the pretty girl. Littlefoot plopped down to think "Why am I having these feelings?" he whispered to himself. Raising his head when he heard loud footsteps as Grandpa came sprinting back past. Littlefoot was now way too curious,he got to his feet and walked to where the other longnecks were.

Grandpa placed the fruits in front of Nahla "Eat young one,this will make you feel better and less tired" he said softly as he could tell the child was traumatized,but over what he did not know.

Nahla weakly opened her mouth and picked up a fruit,she starting chewing only to spit back out. The large fruit hurt her mouth  she could not chew it properly.

Grandma sighed in panic,the child could not eat without pain but she needed to eat or die of starvation,thinking quickly she broke the fruit in half and took out the soft inside tossing the hard skin away "Here try this" she said giving Nahla the soft fruit inside.

Nahla picked up the soft treat in her mouth and closed her eyes as she chewed. The sweetness of the fruit healed her aching mouth. She swallowed licking her lips and opening her eyes.

Grandpa smiled "Did you like that?"

Nahla nodded in response.

Grandma got the other pieces and began to take out the soft inside "Want some more?" she asked placing in once again in front of the child.

Nahla's face lighten up as she tore into her meal,though it would take a long long time for her to get up to just an 'ok' weight. This one meal gave her strength but she was not out of the woods she was still at risk of starvation.

Littlefoot tilted his head,he was so confused. Who was this girl? Where was her family? Why did she seem so sick and injured?. "Is she ok?"

Grandpa turned hearing his grandson "Afraid not Littlefoot" Grandpa decided to just be honest to his grandson,lying would just hurt him even more "She is a very sick child and needs a lot of looking after".

Littlefoot looked deeply saddened "Is she one of the starving children you told me about?".

Grandma raised her head "Yes my little one,I believe she is. She must be abandoned or a runaway" Grandma sighed sadly wondering who let such a young child get in such a awful condition.

"Or she could of just been separated or sadly just a flatout orphan" Grandpa added.

Nahla starting weeping "Mummy....mummy" she cried.

Grandma whipped her head around and nuzzle the child "Shh shhh,did you get  separated from your mummy?".

Nahla shook her head "Mummy died"

Grandma and Grandpa gasped in horror "Oh we are so sorry the hear that" Grandpa said coming closer to the child.

Tears filled Littlefoot's eyes he mind filling with unwanted memories...
The sharptooth...the earthshake...the storm...his mother lying there...her eyes closing forever. Littlefoot shook his head not wanting to think about that. But now he felt more connected to Nahla,they both experienced the same tragic event no child should ever have to-the death of a mother.

Grandma noticed her grandsons sadness and was sure she knew why,her mind drifted to her daughter-Jenna. Littlefoot's beloved mother she was jerked from her thoughts by Grandpa's next question.

"Where are you from little one?" Grandpa asked also laying next to her,he wanted to know wherever she was homeless or not.She looked like she did not have a home,skin and bones and looking like she never had a bath in her life.

The next two words Nahla spoke shocked Grandma and Grandpa like a zap in the heart.

"The Shadowlands"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawwwwwwwww

Poor Nahla,yes this is  darker and more detailed then the RP.

Also a lot of stuff is different too. As you shall see in time.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Uh oh... a Shadowlander!!! RUN AWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!! :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Enjoyed part three :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Uh oh... What are Grandma and Grandpa gonna do now? And aw at Grandma, I love it when she gets all motherly. :wub Let's hope she stays that way now she knows Nahla's a shadowlander. Whelp, until next chapter! :D

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dang, Nahla! Don't tell them that!! :o
I also like Littlefoot's mum's name you gave her - Jenna. Pretty
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks guys,I got another chapter coming shortly. I am just gonna use this post here to tell you something.

I'm gonna rewrite The Lion King,but in an LBT world and LBT characters.

The Dinosaur King.

So far I got

Bron as Mufasa
Littlefoot as Simba
Littlefoot's Mother as Sraabi
Grandpa as Pumbaa
Grandma as Timon (Please do not ask,please).

But I was wondering who you guys should think Nala should be?

Nahla or Ali?

also Scar

Doc or Hades?.

And yes it will have most of the songs from the broadway show ,in order
The Circle Of Life
The Morning Report
I Just Can't Wait To Be King.
Chow Down.
Be Prepared
They Live In You
Be Prepared (respire).
Rafiki Mourns (Change Rafiki to who ever ends up being him)
Hakuna Matata (haha Grandma and Grandpa singing that :lol).
The Madness of King Scar (or Hades or Doc).
Shadowland
Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
He Lives In You
Endless Night.
King Of Pride Rock(/The Great Valley).\

Yes mix my 2 childhood movies together to make this fic. Of course it will be more detailed then the movie.

Anyway who do you think should fill the other characters?

The ones I'm really stumped at are Nahla vs Ali for Nala and Hades vs Doc for Scar.

Ok I'll stop her and post a real chapter for Nahla's tale. Stay tuned.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Nahla for Nala!

I mean Nala is her name...just in a different spelling with a different meaning but it still Nala.

And Hades for Scar for sure!

PS: Hurry up and update this,I wanna know Grandma and Grandpa's reactions.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok time for  a real update

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grandma and Grandpa stared at each other in shock. "The Shadowlands?" Grandpa mouthed. Grandma looked down at the child concerned,they knew the penalty of Shadowlanders coming into the valley-death.

If someone spotted Nahla,even though she was only a kid she was a Shadowlander she will be slaughtered.

Grandma and Grandpa did not know what to do,they could not just toss her back out of the valley. And they did not want to kill her,but if someone found out she was here she will die,

Grandma thought for a moment "She can stay with us....but we gonna have to keep her hidden".

Grandpa was startled by this idea "You sure about this?" he asked his mate who nodded.

"Yes,look at her she needs help. She's dying! She needs us!" tears formed in Grandma's eyes and she turned to nuzzle the young one.

"It just..if someone finds out we hiding a Shadowlander....we'll be banished" Grandpa agured.

Grandma turned to him in anger "What do you want  me to do then? Toss her out in the Mysterious Beyond so she slowly dies? Turn her in so she can be painfully slaughtered? Murder her?!!!" Grandma took a deep breath and looked away "Sorry it just she reminding me so much of.....her...and them" Grandma said thinking of her old friends back in their old herd,they were murdered in cold blood and their daughter was kidnapped by Hades...her name was Nani and Grandma saw so much of her in Nahla.

Grandpa sighed in defeat "Your right...we'll keep her here. But no one must find out this" he turned to Littlefoot who was listening to everything shocked and  confused "Not even your friends Littlefoot,you must not tell them otherwise....".

"Nahla will die?" Littlefoot finished for him "And we will be...".

"Banished" Grandma finished for Littlefoot "Yes,promise us you will not tell ANYONE even your friends about Nahla".

Littlefoot nodded "I promise".

Nahla was half listening eating her fruit,she was shocked these longnecks were gonna let her stay with them,she looked up "T-t-thank you fruits".

Grandma smiled and laid back down next to Nahla rubbing her gently "Your welcome little one,would you like to live with us now?"

Nahla was shocked "You mean it? Then...yes! You's are sooo kind to me and you give me yummy food!" she leaned forward and hugged Grandma's head.

Littlefoot's heart was doing flips,he really really really liked Nahla. But he did not get all these feelings,he decided to talk to his Grandparents about it later.

Grandpa glanced at his Grandson and raised an eyebrow but chuckling realizing what was going on with him.

Littlefoot had fallen in love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Little preview of next chapter.

Nahla sat in the moonlight,the night circle making her light blue eyes sparkle. Glancing up at the sky she saw a constellation of stars making a form of a longneck and smiled. She remembered what her mother taught her.

-Flash back-
Nahla and Nani were laying on a ledge near the Shadowland boarders. Nahla laid on her mothers head looking up at the stars "Mummy...what are those stars for?".

Nani chuckled "They are to light our way".

Nahla looked down "Oh".

Nani lowered her head making her daughter slide off,she held her youngest in her arms (front legs) "But some stars are special,they are the spirits of our ancestors,they up there all the time watching over us. As stars in the night and sky puffies in the day".

Nahla was amazed "Really?"

Nani smiled "Really,if you really listen had enough you can hear the stars twinkle. That our ancestors singing to us...comforting us".

Nahla closed her eyes "I don't hear anything".

Nani chuckled "Don't worry love,they are there..maybe they just shy tonight" she laughed nudging the child with her nose.

"Mum!" Nahla screamed laughed jumping on her head and looking back up to the sky "I wanna hear the twinkles" she whispered.

-End Flashback-

Tears formed in Nahla's eyes she could of sworn she heard a twinkle..out there somewhere...

The next chapter is pretty long so bare with me,gave you this preview as a treat to you readers.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Haha, I KNEW Grandma would give in to parental instincts, I knew it! It's a big risk, let's just hope they don't get banished or Nahla doesn't end up getting slaughtered by someone. *coughcoughThreehorncoughcough*
Oh yay, preview! Looking forward to the next chapter! :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I fully agree to somerandomfangirl :yes

hmm, I doubt Littlefoot can hide Nahla from his friends...
He'll daydream alot since he fell in love with the little pink girl, Cera will notice that and the others might, too. And what, when he wants to spend the day with his love? His friends will be surprized, what he's doing the whole day...

just some random thoughts :p

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aha! So the grandparents and Hades had some intertwining pasts, eh?
J. R. R. Tolkein

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:o they better not slaughter Nahla,her death in the RP was tragic enough.

And I can't wait till the Littlefoot/Nahla romance will be bit like a Romeo and Juliet thing. Or TLK2 with Kiara and Kovu.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hours passed and the day turned into a peaceful afternoon. Littlefoot's friends dropped by to ask him to play,Littlefoot turned them down saying he wanted to spend the day with his Grandparents.

Nahla laid spread out the grass,her eyes closed as she took slow breaths.

Littlefoot sat a few feet away,completely in love.

Grandma watching him chuckled but she was worried about what will happen if Littlefoot pairs up with a Shadowlander,he would be thought of as a traitor.

Nahla shifted herself and sighed,life was peaceful here. But how long would that last? She raised her head to look back at the adults that helped her...they helped her,she never knew someone could do that. It amazed her.

Grandpa walked forward carrying some more of the fruit she had before,like Grandma did before he removed the shell and gave her the inside.

Nahla happily ate her meal,this food was soo good she wanted to eat it...forever.

Grandpa dropped some of the fruit next to Littlefoot,taking off the shell for him as well "A sweet for dinner tonight" he chuckled leaving the young ones to eat. And standing next to his mates side. "You sure about this?" he whispered.

Grandma nodded "Cause I am we just have to be careful"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night
Nahla sat in the moonlight,the night circle making her light blue eyes sparkle. Glancing up at the sky she saw a constellation of stars making a form of a longneck and smiled. She remembered what her mother taught her.

-Flash back-

Nahla and Nani were laying on a ledge near the Shadowland boarders. Nahla laid on her mothers head looking up at the stars "Mummy...what are those stars for?".

Nani chuckled "They are to light our way".

Nahla looked down "Oh".

Nani lowered her head making her daughter slide off,she held her youngest in her arms (front legs) "But some stars are special,they are the spirits of our ancestors,they up there all the time watching over us. As stars in the night and sky puffies in the day".

Nahla was amazed "Really?"

Nani smiled "Really,if you really listen had enough you can hear the stars twinkle. That our ancestors singing to us...comforting us".

Nahla closed her eyes "I don't hear anything".

Nani chuckled "Don't worry love,they are there..maybe they just shy tonight" she laughed nudging the child with her nose.

"Mum!" Nahla screamed laughed jumping on her head and looking back up to the sky "I wanna hear the twinkles" she whispered.

-End Flashback-

Tears formed in Nahla's eyes she could of sworn she heard a twinkle..out there somewhere...

"Nahla?" a voice made her jump as Littlefoot walked up beside her.

"Hi Littlefoot" she said looking down.

Littlefoot smiled "You ok?"

Nahla just nodded "Yeah just thinking about some things".

Littlefoot looked down "Oh....".

Nahla leaned into Littlefoot rubbing her head against him,unaware of she was doing meant.

Littlefoot's heart fluttered. Would his dreams come true? Was Nahla in love with him too?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Aw.... Littlefoot and Nahla romance!  :wub

That flashback part was so sweet too. Can't wait for more! ...but I should probably get on with my own fic in the meantime. :lol