The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Walking With Dinosaurs:The 3D Movie

Danosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I assume most people have seen trailers/adverts for the new Walking With Dinosaurs movie that comes out next week. I was really looking forward to this when I saw the first trailer months back, especially since I adore the incredible BBC TV series it is based on, but I am fairly disappointed to hear that they have, one month before release, decided to hire voice actors to voice the dinosaurs, despite the fact that their mouths don't move.

Whilst originally promoted as a educational visual spectacle, Fox seem to have turned it into a generic kids comedy movie and completely gone against what the original BBC series was about. From the newest trailer, the film looks absolutely gorgeous (using the same live-action/CGI mix technique as Disney's Dinosaur) but it is clear that the voice acting is pretty rushed and sounds terrible.

While I think the film will still be perfectly watchable and decent, and might even be surprisingly good, it is a real shame that studios seem to be scared of releasing a good documentary-style dinosaur film, and have this outdated attitude that only toddlers will want to see a film about dinosaurs  :bang (Still, at least we have a fourth Jurassic Park film to look forward to in 2015)

I don't mean to sound entirely negative here, I am still looking forward to seeing it despite being annoyed at it's production, but I would probably recommend watching the BBC documentary series beforehand.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
When I first saw the ad for this, I was thinking this might be that Dinosaur movie Pixar was working on, But then I looked them up.  Their Dinosaur movie ain't coming till 2015.

Can't say I'm that interested in this movie.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind watching it :) I'll know how good/bad it is only if I watch it anyway :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'm like you, when I first heard about this film I got pretty excited - I loved watching the original BBC documentary version. But then I saw a trailer for it and... eh  :p It's kind of weird that they even have the 'Walking With Dinosaurs' name attached to it, given that it's nothing like it.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
This film is a prime example of studio meddling at it's worst.