The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali

NewOrder · 136 · 22875

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I made some pictures of what Ali might look like when she is an adult. They're on my DA page. Sadly, any speculation on her future will forever remain just that.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Aug 31 2010 on  12:47 PM
I think, if Universal desides to make another movie, or makes a season 2 of the TV series, they should bring Ali back and bring her back to her roots as she was potrayed in the 4th movie.
I said the same thing once long before I joined gang of five, and knew about the fact that LBTXIV and Season 2 aren't happening. :cry

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
That is correct. That said, we can reasonably speculate on a few facts. It is reasonable to imagine her becoming Littlefoot's mate, and possibly being the leader of her herd, given that the herd was led by an old female, there is probably little or no bias against female leadership among her herd.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Noname makes good points, however if she becomes littlefoots mate, then her herd would have moved to the great Valley on a permanent basis- for safety reasons or just simply tired of moving around all the time.. if she becomes the leader at some point. Her mother seemed young enough in part 4 to be the next "old One"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Reasonable it may be, but only in the cartoon world setting of the land before time. If we look at the facts from a more "down to earth" perspective there are a number of points that are easy to ignore but mostly so because the movies and episodes offer only short snippets from the life of the characters.
From what we actually see Littlefoot has seen Ali for two days in LBT 4 and one day in the TV episode. One can speculate of course on whether they stayed longer after the events of the TV episode (in case of the movie it is highly unlikely since we pretty much see Littlefoot's grandpa getting up from his "sick bed" only after Ali's departure) but speculation it would remain.
In the LBT world it is possible of course to become eternal friends even within a few hours and even with a sharptooth, but this of course is a very cartoonish setting.
I guess one point that made Ali so interesting was that she was the only ever other young longneck we saw (in spite of the original movie's promise of many young longnecks in the Great Valley) and I will not deny for a split second that some of the expressions were probably meant to suggest a sandbox love between the two very young characters.
It is mostly the absence of any other characters that could be interpreted that way that makes Ali so interesting in this respect however. The only other young longneck is Shorty, the young specimen of other characters are usually siblings or hatchlings and in case of Tippy the movie and sequel even disagree on whether he is a she or she a he (and the telletubbyish nature of the character in LBT 8 isn't helping either of course) :lol

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Speaking of Tippy's gender, I've always had that issue with certain characters. I explained that in Lets talk about Mo. But anyway, I first thought Tippy was a boy but in something else he is a she. My nephew, who is 6 by the way, thought Littlefoot was a girl and Ali was his sister. He asked me "how come Littlefoot has eyelashes and Cera doesn't?" I said "ask the artists."  

If you had Tweety, Tippy, Littlefoot, Mo, and Cera in the same room with the TV on mute would the kids be able to tell the difference as far as gender goes? :unsure:

I've always wondered what the life of Ali and her herd has gone through and been through from all the traveling they do. I think Ali's life has a few plotholes that need to be filled.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats a good point oobago, they should be filled but they won't be..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Bruton the Iguanodon

I love, simply love, the Allie of movie 4. But I hate the one of the TV series. They completely changed her from the Allie we know and love to Rhett's bitch. She wasn't even the same gorgeous pink she was in 4. Guess we'll just have to stick with Allie's original appearence unless Universal brings LBT back and Allie reappears.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I've rewatched Journey Through the Mist last night, it's still to this day my favourite Land Before Time sequel.

I've always seen Ali as Littlefoot's romantic interest, even though we are talking about puppy love. For me there are a few reasons that explain this great Ali mythos that the fandom created throughout the years, the first was the promise of her return. We didn't have that with Chomper or any of the other guest characters. The other, is that besides the original movie, this was the only sequel to end with a flashback, but it wasn't about the gang's adventures, it was about Littlefoot and Ali, it was always about Littlefoot and Ali.

"Maybe we'll all live together someday..."

Every new sequel that came along, I always hoped it featured Ali. I was very excited when she returned in the TV series, I remember staying up all night to watch the episode the next morning after seeing the preview. I was disappointed by the way they portrayed her character, and because she had hardly any screen time. It sounded like they just brought her back to fulfill the narrator's promise at the end of LBT4.

I believe that Roy Allen Smith had a plan for the rest of TLBT sequels, and some that included Ali, unfortunately, we'll never see his vision of what TLBT could've been. I've always envisioned Ali as part of the gang, and as someone who would join them eventually.

I seriously doubt that she'll be in TLBT XIV, and we'll probably never see her again, even if they do make more sequels or even a new TV series. But if she does come back I hope it's in a way that honors her character in LBT4.

As for the whole cousins thing, Littlefoot's grandparents just use that word because they are fellow longnecks of the same species. They even say that they're a migrating herd and that they don't know who they are or where they come from. If they were in fact related they wouldn't have called the old one by that name, but by her real name, after all, there are no titles when it comes to family.

But even if they are cousins, that wouldn't be a problem in the animal kingdom, or even in animation. Remember that Simba and Nala were half siblings since they shared the same father :p

Do you guys think that we'll ever get to see Ali again? And if we do, we'll she be more like her character in the TV series or in LBT4?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Nov 12 2015 on  07:19 AM
Do you guys think that we'll ever get to see Ali again? And if we do, we'll she be more like her character in the TV series or in LBT4?
If they keep up the sequels after 14, then anything's possible. As for her character, well, wishfully thinking, I do hope she'll be more like her character in 4.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I hope so too.

The Land Before Time is my favourite movie of all time. Every time someone asks me what's my favourite movie that's my answer. However, it was Journey Through the Mists and Ali's character that got me hooked to the franchise.

To take away that mythos, and such an important character from the film series would be shameful. However, I don't believe Universal cares much about continuity in the LBT franchise.

But if there are new sequels, there will always be hope.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love Ali :D

I really do hope she will return in a future sequel. I'm quite sure there will be more movies after LBT 14. In 14 they bring back Bron and Shorty (probably). So in 15 they bring back Ali? Maybe permanently? Well, I can still dream, right :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Nov 13 2015 on  03:51 PM
I really do hope she will return in a future sequel. I'm quite sure there will be more movies after LBT 14. In 14 they bring back Bron and Shorty (probably). So in 15 they bring back Ali? Maybe permanently? Well, I can still dream, right :p
It could work. Children aren't that oblivious to romance, so this could be a good opportunity to give them some life lessons about love if they ever decide to pair Littlefoot up with Ali.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
after return of LBT and return of Bron,  there's chances to see Ali in next movies. :D

-----
also, am I only who thinks if boy and girl both has the same species: Littlefoo/Ali, or the same size: Petrie/Ducky and (wat? srsl? O_o) Littlefoot/Cera, it doesn't mean they are/would be pair.
srsl, sometimes simple close friendship is good enough! :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Nov 12 2015 on  07:19 AM

I believe that Roy Allen Smith had a plan for the rest of TLBT sequels, and some that included Ali, unfortunately, we'll never see his vision of what TLBT could've been.
Well, he doesn't write the sequels, so the fact that Ali never returned in one isn't necessarily the result of RAS leaving.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
That wasn’t my point. I was stating that as a director and producer RAS had a plan for the future sequels after LBT IV. The writers are the ones responsible for the story, however, it’s the executive producer and the director who decide how the story goes, its tone, and the overall theme.

Do any of you guys know why RAS left the franchise?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Nov 16 2015 on  05:10 AM
That wasn’t my point. I was stating that as a director and producer RAS had a plan for the future sequels after LBT IV. The writers are the ones responsible for the story, however, it’s the executive producer and the director who decide how the story goes, its tone, and the overall theme.

Do any of you guys know why RAS left the franchise?
There's actually a discussion on this.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=15062

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I've rewatched The Brave Longneck Scheme last night and I've noticed that Ali's character hardly gets any screen time.

She's not that different from the original LBT IV Ali. Sure, she's gullible for believing Rhett, and that completely makes no sense, but as we see when she almost cries after Rhett runs away, that she was like that because she liked him and was under his spell, of sorts.

When she meets Chomper she accepts him right away, and she ends up playing with the gang like old times. Still, the writers had a lot more ground to explore in that episode and it ended up being just a Rhett episode, instead of an Ali episode.

Oh well, let's see if her character has any chance for a revival in any future sequel.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Nov 25 2015 on  06:31 AM
I've rewatched The Brave Longneck Scheme last night and I've noticed that Ali's character hardly gets any screen time.

She's not that different from the original LBT IV Ali. Sure, she's gullible for believing Rhett, and that completely makes no sense, but as we see when she almost cries after Rhett runs away, that she was like that because she liked him and was under his spell, of sorts.

When she meets Chomper she accepts him right away, and she ends up playing with the gang like old times. Still, the writers had a lot more ground to explore in that episode and it ended up being just a Rhett episode, instead of an Ali episode.

Oh well, let's see if her character has any chance for a revival in any future sequel.
Huh, that's interesting. So it wasn't characterization that was the major problem; it was SCREENTIME.

That's more excusable to me, since we're talking about a TV episode and not a movie.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Exactly. I can't speak for everyone else on this forum, however, for most of the time I base my arguments on my memories of the movies/TV show, some times after not watching them for a while.

Rewatching this episode in particular one can see how Ali's character is basically sidelined throughout the whole thing. She needs more screen time for us to actually see how much her character has developed.