The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What in LBT disgusts you the most?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm reposting an old topic I made early on in my time here. The old one had a choice that was clearly obviously going to be the winner. This time, I'm doing it right!  :smile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What?  The yellowbelly "dutch oven" scene isn't on here?  In fact, just the yellowbellies in general...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Bruton didn't include them as they'd have won the poll anyway :p

Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm starting to feel sorry for the Yellowbellies now.  Like Sharpteeth, they seem to be hated unjustly.  

Besides, why isn't Topps and his bigotry, stupidity of taking Cera into that wildfire, and hsi attempt to bury the Tinysaurues alive on that list?

Actually, what I'd also like to add to that list, and probably would have voted for too, is where Tippy and Spike weren't allowed to play with each other just because their parents are in such stupid petty disputes......well, it makes me want to sing the Mad song to say the least!  I hate it when parents do stupid things like that!  It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unjust!  And the way Ducky actually gave a rip that they were breaking the rules and that Cera was gonna tell!   Honestly, I was thinking when I thought Cera was gonna tell that she had merited another Chomper bite in the tail!!!

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Jan 31 2015 on  10:55 AM
I'm starting to feel sorry for the Yellowbellies now.  Like Sharpteeth, they seem to be hated unjustly.  

Besides, why isn't Topps and his bigotry, stupidity of taking Cera into that wildfire, and hsi attempt to bury the Tinysaurues alive on that list?

Actually, what I'd also like to add to that list, and probably would have voted for too, is where Tippy and Spike weren't allowed to play with each other just because their parents are in such stupid petty disputes......well, it makes me want to sing the Mad song to say the least!  I hate it when parents do stupid things like that!  It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unjust!  And the way Ducky actually gave a rip that they were breaking the rules and that Cera was gonna tell!   Honestly, I was thinking when I thought Cera was gonna tell that she had merited another Chomper bite in the tail!!!
These are things that disgust me personally, and I hadn't really thought of that. But yeah, that's awful, too.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Actually, what I'd also like to add to that list, and probably would have voted for too, is where Tippy and Spike weren't allowed to play with each other just because their parents are in such stupid petty disputes......well, it makes me want to sing the Mad song to say the least! I hate it when parents do stupid things like that!
I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't, but it seems so glaring to me that I just can't help asking if there may not be certain paralells between certain attitutes displayed by Cera's father (e.d. towards farwalkers, the spiketail herd and the tinysaurs) and your own real live view on immigrants respectively liberals (with Littlefoot's grandparents tending to be the one representing a more liberal stand on matters Cera's father is rather right-wing conservative about (if modern day political terms can be applied to a fictional dinosaur cartoon world)). I'm not sufficiently familiar with the details of the Fox and the Hound plot (knowing it from an audio play only) you recently expressed unhappiness with to say something competent there, but what little I do know also seems to suggest that if you want for the ending to be kinder you would basically be asking for a... well... more liberal view on the world?

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm starting to feel sorry for the Yellowbellies now.

I agree.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 31 2015 on  12:44 PM

Actually, what I'd also like to add to that list, and probably would have voted for too, is where Tippy and Spike weren't allowed to play with each other just because their parents are in such stupid petty disputes......well, it makes me want to sing the Mad song to say the least! I hate it when parents do stupid things like that!
I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't, but it seems so glaring to me that I just can't help asking if there may not be certain paralells between certain attitutes displayed by Cera's father (e.d. towards farwalkers, the spiketail herd and the tinysaurs) and your own real live view on immigrants respectively liberals (with Littlefoot's grandparents tending to be the one representing a more liberal stand on matters Cera's father is rather right-wing conservative about (if modern day political terms can be applied to a fictional dinosaur cartoon world)). I'm not sufficiently familiar with the details of the Fox and the Hound plot (knowing it from an audio play only) you recently expressed unhappiness with to say something competent there, but what little I do know also seems to suggest that if you want for the ending to be kinder you would basically be asking for a... well... more liberal view on the world?
Well, the fact that Littlefoot's grandparents NEVER punish him is a beef with LBT.  Personally, my biggest fear in LBT isn't anything more than Littlefoot and Chomper going the way of Tod and Copper, which is my #1 fear for the franchise.

As for my view on liberalism, yes I believe that it is the biggest blight on the world.  I don't hate illegal immigrants at all.  I just hate how I think the Democrats are doing this only to get votes and that the Republicans are backing it for $$$ given them by the cheap labor guys from the Chamber of Commerce and that nobody really cares about the illegal immigrants among them.

I have had bursts of anger at how they seem likely to overrun us, but I always remind myself that they, like us, are the victims and that it is the political masterminds who are the real villains.  

And, no, I am a BIG hater of racism and have stood up to my own family during the times they have displayed it.

I have told off my friends before when they started to project the bad behavior of the Islamists (those who would wish to force Islam down our throats and over our democracy through violence and tyranny) onto all Muslims.  

True, at times, it is hard not to generalize, but Littlefoot is such a perfect example to the world for that.  

In fact, I kind of love the Hunchback of Notre Dame (the Disney movie) as everyone thinks Esme is bad because she is a gypsy and Quasimodo a monster because he is not that good looking and even Phoebus was good while Frollo, the guy who had all the power and seemed so good, turned out to be the real monster.   I mean, that really threw sterotypes on its head.  True, Quais didn't get the girl n that one, so it could have been realistic (though, personally, I'm glad he got Madelinie in the sequel!   :smile )

What I dislike about the Fox and the Hound is how Tod and Copper, though maybe not to the extent society expected them to, gave into their destinies society set before them rather than choosing their own paths.  I think that Copper could have run away form Amos if he had to to ensure they could still be together.  

Anyway, my true enemies are the masterminds who seek to keep us apart for their own profit and that really are the foes of us all.  I don't see them as being particular to one political party anymore.  Not after Boehner's and McConnell's betrayals.  

I guess, when I hate what a group does, I tend, like so many do at times for me anyway, to project the actions that I hate of a group to hate of a group itself.  Not to say that there aren't groups that I hate (ISIS for example).    But you get what I mean.  

I actually believe America's best hope is for liberals, conservatives, libertarians, and moderates to work together, even if we can't agree on everything, and throw out the masterminds who would enslave us all and gain power by getting us to fight each other.  It took a long while for me to realize it, and often I still lose sight of this, but it's what I believe deep down.  

It's hard not to let passion get the best of you and sometimes take you where you wish you hadn't gone.

I also tend to hate very bittersweet non/happy ending (i.e. the ending to the Fox and the Hound and Charlotte's Web) and also hate where the main character dies (All Dogs go to Heaven being the main exception).  I recall that I disliked Ladder 49 (or was it  Ladder 41) and The Labyrinth of the Faun (that was a Spanish dubbed movie.  It is pretty great, being set during Fascist Spain and how they fought against Franco, but the main character's death at the hands of her heartless stepfather was so sad!)  

Also, back to LBT, what disgust me the most also is how Chomper is treated by everyone:

1.) Cera: He'll never be one of us!

2.) Cera: He doesn't have any feelings!  He's a Sharptooth!

3.) Ducky: Chomper is not like us.

4.)  Petrie: Chomper cute now....but someday!

5.)  Ozzy: Sharpteeth don't have friends!  

6.) How Topps treats Chomper.

7.) How Doc treated Chomper.

8.) How Petrie's siblings always kept judging him.

9.) How that mother igunaadon didn't want him around her kids.  

10.) How Thud thought less of Chomper and mocked him for wanting to be friends with Ducky rather than eat her.  

11.) How that Sharptooth kid just turned on him and sent his parents after him.

12.) Red Claw, who, despite being the same species, seems to hate him for no given reason.

13.)  How, indirectly, Grandpa Longneck has said that he isn't very smart.

14.) How, indirectly, Bron has said that he is a coward.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Someone thought it was a good idea to make a song about being stinky to hide your scent from predators.  :facepalm
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:33:37 PM by LittleDas75 »

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dread it. Run from it. The Yellowbellies arrive all the same.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
What disgusts me is that Lottle Foot’a mom doesn’t come up tell LBTX! And even then Littlefoot illicits no sign of missing her. That is my biggest issue with Littlefoot, that the loss of his mom is glossed over. 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What disgusts me is that Lottle Foot’a mom doesn’t come up tell LBTX! And even then Littlefoot illicits no sign of missing her. That is my biggest issue with Littlefoot, that the loss of his mom is glossed over. 

Not really.  People tend to grieve for a bit and move on with their lives. 

PteranoStan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Cera.
<< THiSS haha

There's no need remarking that there's quite a few 'annoying' characters in LBT, but you know what irks me the most?

The fact that I can't search up 'The Land Before Time' or even 'The Land Before Time art' without coming across... erm.. some rather unsavory images..

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera.
<< THiSS haha

There's no need remarking that there's quite a few 'annoying' characters in LBT, but you know what irks me the most?

The fact that I can't search up 'The Land Before Time' or even 'The Land Before Time art' without coming across... erm.. some rather unsavory images..

Oof yeah, I know what you mean :( Really wish certain 'artists' could apply their fetishes on another franchise :P

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Not really.  People tend to grieve for a bit and move on with their lives. 

My issue is it didn’t come up earlier in the franchise. In LBTII, which takes place rather soon after the original film, Littlefoot doesn’t mention his mother nor seems at least a little hesistant to raise Chomper, when it was a sharptooth that slayed his mom.

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
The grossest thing I know in the franchise is that the Spinosaurus from XII is basically like a firehose with his drool on Guido.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The grossest thing I know in the franchise is that the Spinosaurus from XII is basically like a firehose with his drool on Guido.

I forgot about that. I’ll have to comment again when I rewatch XII.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I want to say the scene of Topps snapping at Tria for wanting to help the Tinysaurses in movie 11. I already some rants about this scene, but I just want to say it seemed forced considering Topps relationship with Tria throughout the film. It didn't help that Topps didn't give a apology for not listening to her, but then again, like I headcanon with Cera insulting Littlefoot's mom, it was likely done offscreen, completeing the circle of father and daughter.  :taunttroll

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I was disgusted by Littlefoot sleeping in the Useless Sharptooth’s mouth! Yuck! :p