The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky's Mother

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Discuss the character Ducky's Mother here.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've always loved Ducky's Mom! She is always so kind and open-hearted! I felt so bad for her when she almost lost Spike to the migrating Spiketails.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I absolutely adore this character :)!  She's my favorite grown-up in the series, and I love how gentle and caring she is with all her babies.  Her adoption of Spike only gives her more brownie points in my book.  

She's the type of grown-up that, if the Gang lived in our world, I could see myself adopting as a second mom.  I know that may sound crazy, but I just adore this one to pieces and see her as a positive influence on her kids and their friends :^.^:.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
She's also my favourite adult character. I have really been trying hard to capture her love, protective nature in my story. I find that it is such a pity that she does not get as large a role as The Longnecks or Mr Threehorn.

But on the times that she does have a part she really is a compassionate character most of the time, I don't see her as wise as The Longnecks but she has a great caring composure that really shows with her.

I have even more respect for her after she has taken up the burden of looking after Spike as her own son. It also makes me wonder what family she grew up in to be that open to other species as we all know that the other kinds practiced racism in those days. Still she really does try to look after him despite it's challenges, especially in 8.

8 certainly showed how close she is to Spike, it's always hard to watch a loved one leave, she really does see him as a son after saving him. She also appears to be very sensitive to her daughter's concerns as seen in 8. However I wish she had more time and development on screen.  

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One thing I will say, I'm surprised by how many children she has had.

We have Ducky and her siblings in the first movie.  Add to that the children she had in the second movie.

The new upcoming movie adds 8 to that amount.

Does her species just have a lot of children naturally?  If so, I fear for Ducky herself when she becomes a mom.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jan 28 2016 on  02:49 PM
One thing I will say, I'm surprised by how many children she has had.

We have Ducky and her siblings in the first movie.  Add to that the children she had in the second movie.

The new upcoming movie adds 8 to that amount.

Does her species just have a lot of children naturally?  If so, I fear for Ducky herself when she becomes a mom.
It could be a survival adaptation.  Often, species which face a high mortality rate among their young in the wild produce many babies to keep the species going and stay in the gene pool.  Ducky's species were relatively easy targets for predators, so this could've been the case.

And speaking of these adorable little cuties...where is their father?!  Looks like LBT will continue to keep him a mystery😕.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I am very surprised by that scene ^

I would have expected Ducky's mother to be there to see her babies hatch, or at least have been there to watch over the eggs. I does not really make sense with how protective she is, that is the only query I have for the first ten min of the film, hope that they won't make that mistake again.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Tied with Mama Flyer as my third-favorite grownup characters (first two are Littlefoot's Mother and Littlefoot's Grandparents (both tied on second-place)).

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I am very surprised by that scene ^

I would have expected Ducky's mother to be there to see her babies hatch, or at least have been there to watch over the eggs. I does not really make sense with how protective she is, that is the only query I have for the first ten min of the film, hope that they won't make that mistake again.

My guess is that they wanted the first scene where they're all together be one where they're by themselves. The newborns allowed the audience to be informed that Spike is Ducky's adopted brother and give Ducky and Petrie a cute moment together as they interact with the babies.

Tied with Mama Flyer as my third-favorite grownup characters (first two are Littlefoot's Mother and Littlefoot's Grandparents (both tied on second-place)).

I'm with you Rex  :yes

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
My big impression of Mama Swimmer is that she's kind of a nervous sort. With having a sister who sleep-swam and gradually building up to having a dozen children, it's understandable. The world is a dangerous place and to look after so many children can be taxing. However, it's clear this concern comes out of love and movie 7 and especially movie 8 particularly exemplified her love. She does seem to calm down a bit as the series goes on.

Also, her singing voice is excellent and could have been displayed more.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Ducky's Mother is my favorite parent/grown up in LBT after Grand Pa and Grand Ma Longneck. She saves The Big Freeze from being a big forgetful chapter in the saga.

Song, "Family!"

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Ducky’s Mom’s song, “Family,”  in “The Big Freeze” always makes me sob.

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iZCT_nfBaTI[/youtube]

Made me cry just now. :cry

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith