The Gang of Five
Hello, everyone!  The month of June is finally here and unlike last month, we admins actually remembered to update the news item for June.  :bestsharptooth This month we have a new character showcase for Doc, which can be found here.  Please feel welcome to say a few words about the sauropod of few words.

For our resident fanfiction writers, there are also active fanfiction prompts for the months of May and June, in additional to several optional prompts that can be completed if you want to work on something different.  Details can be found here. We look forward to seeing what you come up with!  :RubyCurious

Wild Arms

Hammy

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Is Wild Arms a relative of the Rainbowfaces? At least a similiar species?
Well, we know that Wild Arms is a Nothrynchus, a kind of therizinasaur. The Rainbowfaces pretty heavily resemble Ozzy and Strut, with some notable differences, so they're probably some kind of ornithimid. Therefore, both of them are maniraptors, so they're somewhat related, but funny enough, the Yellow Bellies are probably more related to Wild Arms than the Rainbowfaces, seeing as they also appear to be a therizinasaur of some description.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • The GoF's Rainbow Face fangirl!
    • View Profile
Is Wild Arms a relative of the Rainbowfaces? At least a similiar species?
Well, we know that Wild Arms is a Nothrynchus, a kind of therizinasaur. The Rainbowfaces pretty heavily resemble Ozzy and Strut, with some notable differences, so they're probably some kind of ornithimid. Therefore, both of them are maniraptors, so they're somewhat related, but funny enough, the Yellow Bellies are probably more related to Wild Arms than the Rainbowfaces, seeing as they also appear to be a therizinasaur of some description.

That would've been my answer. Official sources have confirmed that Wild Arms is a therizinosaur, while it's pretty safe to say that the Rainbow Faces aren't--I always thought they were Gallimimus.
"If they don't see it with their own eyes, it doesn't exist...what limited thinking." --Rainbow Face

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • The GoF's Rainbow Face fangirl!
    • View Profile
Uh, regarding Wild Arms...have you guys seen his page on the LBT Wiki? I feel like the guy who created it really just used it as an excuse to bash the character for whatever reason, because it's the most biased wiki description I've ever seen. If I hadn't seen the movie, I'd probably think Wild Arms was some sort of villain! And every single wiki page involving him (including Wikipedia) just has that same completely subjective description copy-pasted onto it. I came across this before when I was searching the LBT Wiki Gallery for images to use as drawing reference, and it's bugged me ever since. I mean, isn't the whole point of any wiki to be an objective source of information? What's it take to get an account and edit a page? I'm ready to do something about this... :rolleyes
"If they don't see it with their own eyes, it doesn't exist...what limited thinking." --Rainbow Face

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Uh, regarding Wild Arms...have you guys seen his page on the LBT Wiki? I feel like the guy who created it really just used it as an excuse to bash the character for whatever reason, because it's the most biased wiki description I've ever seen. If I hadn't seen the movie, I'd probably think Wild Arms was some sort of villain! And every single wiki page involving him (including Wikipedia) just has that same completely subjective description copy-pasted onto it. I came across this before when I was searching the LBT Wiki Gallery for images to use as drawing reference, and it's bugged me ever since. I mean, isn't the whole point of any wiki to be an objective source of information? What's it take to get an account and edit a page? I'm ready to do something about this... :rolleyes
Usually you're allowed to edit Wikias without creating an account, but if having an account is a prerequisite to make edits, then you can create one without any charge whatsoever. I don't see what's holding you back.

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Honestly, I just thought Wild Arms was just a copy of Guido, although a bit of an improvement in character and personality as Wild Arms was actually somewhat entertaining. Though tbh they both look the same and appear to be or similar species.