The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Wild Arms

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Is Wild Arms a relative of the Rainbowfaces? At least a similiar species?
Well, we know that Wild Arms is a Nothrynchus, a kind of therizinasaur. The Rainbowfaces pretty heavily resemble Ozzy and Strut, with some notable differences, so they're probably some kind of ornithimid. Therefore, both of them are maniraptors, so they're somewhat related, but funny enough, the Yellow Bellies are probably more related to Wild Arms than the Rainbowfaces, seeing as they also appear to be a therizinasaur of some description.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Is Wild Arms a relative of the Rainbowfaces? At least a similiar species?
Well, we know that Wild Arms is a Nothrynchus, a kind of therizinasaur. The Rainbowfaces pretty heavily resemble Ozzy and Strut, with some notable differences, so they're probably some kind of ornithimid. Therefore, both of them are maniraptors, so they're somewhat related, but funny enough, the Yellow Bellies are probably more related to Wild Arms than the Rainbowfaces, seeing as they also appear to be a therizinasaur of some description.

That would've been my answer. Official sources have confirmed that Wild Arms is a therizinosaur, while it's pretty safe to say that the Rainbow Faces aren't--I always thought they were Gallimimus.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Uh, regarding Wild Arms...have you guys seen his page on the LBT Wiki? I feel like the guy who created it really just used it as an excuse to bash the character for whatever reason, because it's the most biased wiki description I've ever seen. If I hadn't seen the movie, I'd probably think Wild Arms was some sort of villain! And every single wiki page involving him (including Wikipedia) just has that same completely subjective description copy-pasted onto it. I came across this before when I was searching the LBT Wiki Gallery for images to use as drawing reference, and it's bugged me ever since. I mean, isn't the whole point of any wiki to be an objective source of information? What's it take to get an account and edit a page? I'm ready to do something about this... :rolleyes

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Uh, regarding Wild Arms...have you guys seen his page on the LBT Wiki? I feel like the guy who created it really just used it as an excuse to bash the character for whatever reason, because it's the most biased wiki description I've ever seen. If I hadn't seen the movie, I'd probably think Wild Arms was some sort of villain! And every single wiki page involving him (including Wikipedia) just has that same completely subjective description copy-pasted onto it. I came across this before when I was searching the LBT Wiki Gallery for images to use as drawing reference, and it's bugged me ever since. I mean, isn't the whole point of any wiki to be an objective source of information? What's it take to get an account and edit a page? I'm ready to do something about this... :rolleyes
Usually you're allowed to edit Wikias without creating an account, but if having an account is a prerequisite to make edits, then you can create one without any charge whatsoever. I don't see what's holding you back.

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Honestly, I just thought Wild Arms was just a copy of Guido, although a bit of an improvement in character and personality as Wild Arms was actually somewhat entertaining. Though tbh they both look the same and appear to be or similar species.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Honestly, I just thought Wild Arms was just a copy of Guido, although a bit of an improvement in character and personality as Wild Arms was actually somewhat entertaining. Though tbh they both look the same and appear to be or similar species.
Interesting observation. I just remembered the physical similarities too.

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I liked this character a lot. I haven’t watched JOTB since just after it was released, but I remember enjoying him quite a bit. I really like his design. Hopefully he’ll make a reappearance if the series is ever continued.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
To be honest, I don’t see why a lot of people in the fandom hate him, to be honest, even though he doesn’t have a lot of screen time, he still is a very funny character.

Like, he’s the most I laughed at since Guido was on-screen.  My favorite part of Wild Arms was him fainting from Chomper because he was a sharptooth, and he’s not used to friendly sharptooths, so he thought he wasn’t nice.

My other favorite part was when Wild Arms offered a high five from Topps, but he ended up never receiving it because of how annoyed Topps is of him (I would’ve given him a high five).

But yeah, that’s just my opinion, if you don’t like him, that’s fine with me.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
I realize that a few people don't like this character, probably becuase he can come off as annoying sometimes.

He's an alright guy in my opinon, though he can be too much somtimes. Wild arms is just this easily scared and talkative bird brain that everyone hates in the movie. Not sure why universal put him in there, when they could have just shorty explain what happened to Bron.

But oh well. He's part of the franchise now and there's nothing we can do, you either hate him or you don't. Wild arms is alright, I just wished he wasn't so dramatic sometimes. Like, come on! How is this man still alive when he just faints or stays frozen when he comes across danger?
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who legit thinks Wild Arms's role would've been a whole lot more interesting if he was a villain? I get that he was supposed to be written as more of cowardly comic relief, but there was something about his tone and attitude that struck me as a bit antagonistic.

It's not that I don't hate him as a character, only that I felt like his type of character was used incorrectly, so to speak.
If anything, him being an antagonist would elevate the movie by virtue of not having a cookie-cutter post-VII sharptooth villain. :p

I agree.

#endsharptoothracism

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith