The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you could bring back a dinosaur

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Hello everyone. I am a new member of this site. I've decided to start my very first topic here- if you could bring back a species of dinosaur to life (yes I may be giving off a Jurassic
Park vibe here) which dinosaur would it be? Right now I'm gonna focus on one species,
and later I will ask for more. The first dinosaur I would bring back would be a
Hypsilophodon. By thinking it over, the first dinosaur should be small and a herbivore,
since that would be easier to understand and raise it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I'd bring back a plant eater as well since it won't eat you at all.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: ADFan185,Mar 20 2017 on  07:35 PM
It is easy to assume that herbivores are safer than carnivores. But nature paints a very different story. While you should still be cautious of predators, you should also not let your guard down around herbivores. Plenty of attacks are done by herbivores and some of the world's most dangerous animals are herbivores. Hippos are one of the big ones. Cute, chubby, eats plants, and won't hesitate to break a human in two.

Simply put, just because an animal can't eat you doesn't mean it won't hurt you.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Mar 20 2017 on  06:35 PM
Good thought. However, whenever people mention about carnivorous dinosaurs being
brought back, they almost always mention about the possibility of someone "being eaten" by
a carnivore. Well I have a different thought in mind.
It is often assumed that predatory animals will readily prey upon humans- however contrary
to what shown in Jurassic Park (putting entertainment aside) science has shown for the most part, humans aren't really worth eating from a predator standpoint. I believe if a carnivorous dinosaur like Allosaurus or T-rex was brought back, it wouldn't have much interest in a
human. Think about it, our smaller size enables us to hide from them and even if they
do catch and try to eat a person, compared to prey dinosaurs such as Edmontosaurus, we
have little meat on us. Plus we're small- we wouldn't really make worthy prey.
Predatory animals,such as lions or even snakes, usually avoid humans. They normally
don't want anything to do with us unless defending themselves or really desperate for a meal.
And although we humans may not possess a lot of natural defense, we still have weapons and
cooperation on our side. Some predators that are intelligent enough actually learn this and to stay safe they would avoid us.
Nevertheless, not only would my first dinosaur be a herbivore, but it needs to be small
so I can study on how to raise it.

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Probably Microraptor gui. I always liked this species, and it would probably not try to eat me.

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I’d sensibly bring back a Ankylosaur, thanks to Bumpy from Jurassic Park: Camp Cretaceous.

I’d love to bring back a Carnotaurus and keep it on a ranch, letting it hunt longhorns I release for it to eat.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith