The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: Search for the Sky Color Stones

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To bad LBT has in the past not been seen as I think the term is an ensemble cast show where sometimes they may do a story focused on this or that char, so everyone of the main characters gets their turn.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will once again point out that I love how we FINALLY got to see a flaw in Ducky's character.  She was supposedly the one that did nothin' wrong, while everyone else had shortcomings.  There is no such thing as a normal person, and everybody has a dark side (reference to my avatar :p).  I really like how it is out in the open that she has a dark side, and despite what she did, I still really like her and my view of her has not changed for the worst.  If this is the worst thing she's ever done, she's still innocent compared to many others out there :rolleyes:.  It's REALLY easy to take a competitive game too far.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, as seen in the way Cera acts, then Ducky.  To some extent Littlefoot.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Even before I saw this one, I knew of it from the community as the infamous evil Ducky episode. Well, let's dive right in, shall we? :P

Other assorted thoughts:
First of all, the "Sky Color Stones" song. This is the fifth time they've used that darned melody now. :p Although at least it's pleasant to listen to. It doesn't make my ears bleed like some of the other repeated songs do. :p

The sky color stones in themselves are a really cool concept. :yes Speaking of which...
I wonder how it was the Littlefoot and Cera were the only ones who knew about the sky  colored stones?  Something tells me there's a story behind that that we don't know.
Interesting. I didn't think of that before. But after reading your comment, now I want to know more about the stones and how Littlefoot and Cera knew about them.

Aww, poor Spike. The previous episode had that sand creeper that kept pinching him, and now he gets stuck inside a cave opening and Ducky just ditches him. I felt bad for him.

Needless to say, this was a pretty entertaining episode. It was pretty jarring to see Ducky act like this, but I enjoyed seeing her rarely-shown darker side. Even if the execution was a bit flawed, it was still a good idea and made for an interesting story. The B-plot here was entertaining as well; Littlefoot, Petrie, and Chomper had some funny scenes together.

Hmmm... do the sky color stones have sinister powers? It reminded me of the One Ring from Lord of the Rings. As in, were Ducky, Cera, and Ruby acting of their own accord when they began to get aggressive and competitive and possessive in finding the stones? Or were the stones actually influencing their behaviour in a negative way? Ultimately I suspect the former, in that the stones weren't meant to be supernatural, but it did make me wonder. And speaking of that...
Did anyone else, upon seeing Ducky fall over the edge of the cliff, immediately think "MY PRECIOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUSSS!!!!!!" ?
Hahaha, nice to know I'm not the only one who thought of LotR. :P

6.75/10