The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Dreams Thread

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I have two dreams this time. In the first one, I was trapped in a spooky house with other people and we attempted to escape. There was a child with us who later turned into a spider and tried to attack us. All I can recall about the other dream was that I was drunk. :P
Pretty weird stuff, although it got a good chuckle out of me. And hey, better to simply dream about being drunk than to actually be drunk for real, methinks. :p

@ImpracticalDino: That is indeed a pretty cool dream. Hmm, do I smell another forum suggestion for the staff here? :idea

You told me a while ago to let you know if you ever appeared in one of my dreams. Well, it finally happened last night. You're the third GoF member now to make an appearance.

This is a bizarre one. I dreamt that you sent me a photograph of your television. I'm not sure why exactly; I think there was something else in the dream leading up to it that I've forgotten, which probably would've given it more context. But I'm pretty sure it had something to do with some sort of video game you'd been playing. Even though the TV was turned off in the photo, I guess maybe you wanted to show me your TV specs or something? What's also interesting is that it was one of those old-fashioned box-shaped TVs; not like a modern flatscreen or anything. Anyway, so I began to study the photograph up closely. Reflected in your TV was your bedroom. And in the top-right section of the TV I could see your bed against the corner of your bedroom. You were lying in bed and facing away from the TV, possibly sleeping, but I could see that you had short black hair. Your bedroom window also showed it was daylight outside, so maybe you were having an afternoon nap.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too creepy. That's just what happened in the dream. ;) It's also pretty nonsensical, in that you'd taken a photo of your TV, and yet you were clearly visible facing away from it, and you didn't seem to have a phone camera or anything with you to actually take the photo. But eh, that's dream logic for you.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier: Hmm...that is one intriguing dream indeed friend. I used to have an old fashioned box TV in my room, but it has been replaced with a small flat screen TV for a very long time now, about 8 years I think? There are some things that your dream represented accurately and some things that it got wrong. My bed is located in the corner rather than the middle like a lot of bedrooms usually do. I have taken a lot of afternoon naps in the past, although I've recently and successfully tried to stop that habit. I do have short black hair at the moment (until it grows and I need it cut of course). Were the bedroom walls pink like I told you about before?

Weird dream logic indeed...I couldn't have taken the photo especially if I was taking a nap. :thinking

And regarding the forum suggestion...why not? :p

@rhombus @Mumbling: Is there a possibility that me, StardustSoldier, and all people associated with me can acquire the "Administrator" rank? ;)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We'll put it in the box for consideration  :PCera

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On a more serious note however, the dream I had was probably a foreshadowing of the events yet to occur... :thinking :olittlefoot

Hmm...

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The bedroom walls in the dream were not pink, even though I did remember you telling me that before, and I myself thought about that after waking up. In fact, in the dream, your bedroom appeared to be completely black-and-white! I think that's just because I was seeing your bedroom through the reflection in the TV, as opposed to seeing the bedroom directly... although even that doesn't really make sense, since in real life the reflection would still appear in colour.

Dream logic.
:Mo

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I had a weird dream today. For some reason, I was back in my conscription unit to find out what had changed since I left. It ended with my panicking and swatting away two or three bees.

Nice to know that even dream me is terrified of bees and wasps. :(
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had a weird dream today. For some reason, I was back in my conscription unit to find out what had changed since I left. It ended with my panicking and swatting away two or three bees.

Did the bees look aggressive to you? Or did you just panicked and started swinging away with your hands? :p

I would personally say bees are timid and friendly until you try and intentionally harm it. Then they chase after you. As for wasps...maybe the same experience? I don’t get stung by them, but then again I also watch from a reasonably safe distance.

But it’s all fine. We all have phobias. :Mo

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Did the bees look aggressive to you? Or did you just panicked and started swinging away with your hands? :p

I would personally say bees are timid and friendly until you try and intentionally harm it. Then they chase after you. As for wasps...maybe the same experience? I don’t get stung by them, but then again I also watch from a reasonably safe distance.

But it’s all fine. We all have phobias. :Mo
I swatted at them. :p

I also have too many phobias. :opetrie
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I rarely see bees and wasps nowadays. Their population seems to have dwindled where I live (which I'm completely fine with). But based on my childhood experiences, I would say that that's true of bees (most of the time, at least). Wasps, however, tend to be more aggressive. Even if you're not doing anything, they'll sometimes come over to check you out anyway and may even crawl around on you. As long as you sit perfectly still and don't panic, they'll generally move on, but it's still pretty scary. I myself used to be terrified of wasps as a kid largely for that reason.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I rarely see bees and wasps nowadays. Their population seems to have dwindled where I live (which I'm completely fine with). But based on my childhood experiences, I would say that that's true of bees (most of the time, at least). Wasps, however, tend to be more aggressive. Even if you're not doing anything, they'll sometimes come over to check you out anyway and may even crawl around on you. As long as you sit perfectly still and don't panic, they'll generally move on, but it's still pretty scary. I myself used to be terrified of wasps as a kid largely for that reason.

I know about the reputation of wasps, and I understand why. I just hope that people know the difference between bees and wasps, because many people on the internet just seem to refer to all of those tiny flying yellow insects as “bees”.

But since we’re on the topic of wasps too, this reminds me. Have you heard of the Executioner Wasp, or Polistes carnifex? Popularized by Coyote Peterson, it is claimed by him as the deadliest sting of all I think. Here’s a video of it if you want to watch. What’s also interesting is that it’s “not a particularly aggressive wasp species”.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TBhEuik14dg

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I have no new dreams to share with you guys right now. Hopefully I'll get another one soon.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For some reason, I dreamed the actual Gang was on our GoF Discord server, typing in chat as they would talk, and then Cera started a role war, because Cera. That was... weird.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's a pretty awesome-sounding dream if you ask me.
:PAli

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For some reason, I dreamed the actual Gang was on our GoF Discord server, typing in chat as they would talk, and then Cera started a role war, because Cera. That was... weird.

Ugh...why can’t I have any LBT related dreams dang it! I only had one ever. :lol

If that dream were to hypothetically occur in the real GOF Discord server, I would personally say that you should let it all play out and do nothing about it. :p

I dunno, it would seem pretty entertaining to me. :P

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well you did have the one LBT dream a few months ago. Although they're quite rare for me as well; I've only had three so far. Here's hoping you have another one sometime soon.

And I agree, Cera starting a role war sounds like it'd be immensely entertaining indeed. I'd love to be on the server just to watch it play out. :-P

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And I agree, Cera starting a role war sounds like it'd be immensely entertaining indeed. I'd love to be on the server just to watch it play out. :-P
Implying Anagnos hasn't done it already. :OhYou

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pft! Nah, he hasn't started a role war. He's just indecisive with his own allegiance. :p

I'm proud that I've managed to stay true to my Cera role all this time.
:cerahappy

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What's this about my allegiance? :p
Stick with a clan, dammit! :bestsharptooth

Anyway, today's dream was flat-out wild. Probably the result of downing alcohol the previous night and I can't remember all the specific details.

I was with my family and basically shopping/debating with my mother for a long time. For some reason, different models of a 32X-like plugin was involved. There was some compatibility that was needed a specific model that we didn't get because either it wasn't in stock/too expensive. I can't remember, and it's weird because I typically don't enjoy shopping.

After that, we went and watched a movie. During that movie, my mom and brother left and some mastermind took control of the theater feed and threatened to unleash the coronavirus lest we give into his demands. It was like an action flick, and the dream ended there, so I can't tell you how that ended. :p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Two days ago, I had a really strange dream. I was sitting in a desk in a classroom sweaty and out of break. I’m not sure if I had a huge gym workout before that, haha. But anyway, my vision started to blur and I tried my absolute hardest to say conscious. It sorta seemed to work...for like 30 seconds and then the lights went out. Needless to say, I’m kinda shocked I passed out in a dream, and woke up again in that said dream. Interesting, right? So I’m in a bed now, and my mom is there to greet me. We go and get my jacket since they didn’t bring it with me for some reason. After we leave the (hospital area I think?), we suddenly end up in a huge shopping mall area. Like, how does that work? Dreams, lol.