The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Different version of the Stone of Cold Fire landing scene?!?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I did notice this version of the landing scene while watching Jenny Nicholson's review of the franchise. Yeah I agree what were they thinking. It now looks like a stone of hot fire not a stone of cold fire. I love changes in remastered versions of movies but I really don't like this change. I guess they were trying to make the meteor look more realistic.

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
What really makes me upset by this scene is the idea that, should we get a blu-ray release of all the movies, then there's a chance that this edited version of VII will be the one packaged in instead of the original. Now, I really want a Blu-ray, but I'd be pretty livid if the original version of VII wasn't included and instead the version with these unnecessary, nonsensical changes was instead. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but this is my favorite of the sequels and I don't appreciate it being tinkered with in the dumbest way possible.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Also in regards to the Night Flower thing I think the remastered version of the flowers is better. Fight me.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
That is weird how they changed the color of the stone of cold fire landing. Although blue fire is the hottest fire, perhaps in editing they felt if its going to be the Stone of Cold Fire it shouldn't be in a blue flame which is the warmest of flames.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
That is weird how they changed the color of the stone of cold fire landing. Although blue fire is the hottest fire, perhaps in editing they felt if its going to be the Stone of Cold Fire it shouldn't be in a blue flame which is the warmest of flames.
I mean good on them for trying to be more realistic but making it orange creates a whole bunch of problems for the film because now Littlefoot's  description of the rock doesn't make sense anymore. :facepalm

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I mean good on them for trying to be more realistic but making it orange creates a whole bunch of problems for the film because now Littlefoot's  description of the rock doesn't make sense anymore. :facepalm

Oh continuity issues.. how they plague all.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh also in the remastered version of The Mysterious Island they replaced the regular Universal logo with the stupid Universal Cartoons logo from 2-4.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Oh also in the remastered version of The Mysterious Island they replaced the regular Universal logo with the stupid Universal Cartoons logo from 2-4.

That ruins the movie!

sordessie

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I know this thread is a little old and I'm late to the party but I had to share my excitement because. I knew for a fact all the copies I have ever owned of the movie had the blue stone. Even the original cover art for the movie dating back to the vhs has a blue stone! I thought it was an interesting thing to hear about. Anyway, a couple hours later I went to IMDb tv to put Stone of Cold Fire on to watch and imagine my surprise when I realized it was the version with the orange stone!!! Might have yelled it was so funny to me to realize that not long after reading this thread. It has to be a newer version even without my glasses I could tell it was a lot crisper than the DVD copy I have.  :petrieLOL

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
This version isn't available on DVD so it's a digital exclusive change.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Funny enough, when the Discord stream of 7 happened, this was the version that was used. Completely took me by surprise as well! Seems a lot less cold when it's not blue  :PCera

Unrelated but where was that Discord stream? Is there a LBT Discord server??

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
There's GOF Discord server, but for users who are forum members for some period of time.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ that's right. It's in the Information section of After Midnight, which you get access to after you've been around for a while/made a reasonable impression :)