The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ratatouille

Petrie. · 15 · 1486

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Anyone seen the latest from Pixar yet?

I went last night (it was raining so everything was cancelled) and it was nearly sold out so I was near the front and really had to tilt my head back.  I think Brad Bird did a nice job with this film, even though at times it seemed to get slow or kind of long.  Plus a lot of the quick movement scenes where Remy is in the kitchen made me ill after a while just watching it from such a close angle.  Animation...crisp and amazing...I really did see every fur on his body this time.  :P:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
No.  But I want to.  I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I want to see this movie sooooooo much but it hasn't come out in the UK yet.  <_<

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw it. I really loved it. I would even go as far as saying this has been the favorite Pixar movie I have ever seen. I liked Remy and Linguini they were both such great characters. Only problem with it was my friend kept talking through and or kicking the seat in front of him. :angry:  But all in all I would give this movie 20 out of 10 stars if I could.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I saw it last week and it was full of fun, I loved watching it and found some secnes to be classics! It a well done film and one I look forward to getting on DVD when it comes out.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No. But I want to. I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD.

When you don't see it in theaters, you miss part of the effect.  When there is a movie coming out that I really want to  see, I can't wait for the dvd.  

Anyway, back on topic.  I saw it Tuesday with my grandfather and I thought it was pretty good.  Pixar has yet to make a movie I didn't like.  I think my favorite Pixar movie would hav to be either Toy Story or The Incredibles.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I saw it last night with my dad. I'd rate it a 6/10, my dad gave it a 7.5/8.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I shall take the approach of the critic within the movie for this one. (He kind of inspired me. :P:)

I have watched Pixar films since their debute on Sesame Street when I was at a very young age.  I always did enjoy those animated lamps.  Now, as for the movie, Ratatouille, I am surprised as to where the title came from.  I never expected a food dish to inspire a whole movie.  You would never really expect it in the end.

A rat as a chef.  They have always been seen as an infestation.  Of course, lab cases have shown that they are rather intelligent creatures.  The movie peaked my interst the moment I learned that a rat was a chef and we would see things from his point of view.

It is unbelieveable how this all worked.  With the lack of skill the boy had, I never expected him to be the son of the original owner of the resturant.  How quaint that he gets the only female chef in the whole kitchen as his love interest.  I really enjoyed her as I do all tough women.

Paris as the main area for the storyline.  Paris has always been seen as the place to find two things.  One is love.  The other is fine food.  The story revolved around the art of fine food.  It is true that anyone can cook, but there are those that excel our expectations with their gifts.

There is no doubt that once again Pixar has created a film that goes beyond what we would expect to come out of a film.  The minds of Pixar have always been a joy to me, and I humbly await this 5 star film to come out on DVD and will buy it when it does.

</end critic mode>

Well, I'll see ya all later! :^.^:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw this today.  I highly recommend it.

nabil r

I Have The Movie Ratatouille on dvd i will give it 10 out of 10

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Since I am a Disney fan at heart, I've decided to put it down as an Christmas present because of all the positive reception it's getting, and I believe it was also made by Pixar, right? Pixar has been know for great quality movies such as Toy Story, so it sounds promising. ^^

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: KingdomKey23,Dec 15 2007 on  04:15 PM
Since I am a Disney fan at heart, I've decided to put it down as an Christmas present because of all the positive reception it's getting, and I believe it was also made by Pixar, right? Pixar has been know for great quality movies such as Toy Story, so it sounds promising. ^^
Yep, fro Pixar it is. Petrie would know, eh? :lol

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I love this movie :D Hence my username, "Rat_lady"XD

I was interested in it mostly because I was really getting into rats and I wanted to see a children's film again. So I went to see it and it gave me a really refreshing feeling, and I loved it's message. It mentioned how "Change is nature" and "Everyone is cruel to the new." This is very true. In history, people rejected anything new because their old egos get in the way.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I really enjoyed this movie, and i think they did a pretty good job on it. B)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
This was a pretty cute movie. I wanted to see it in theatre, but I only saw it on DVD at my great aunt's house. It really did seem like the best rated movie of 2007.