The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The soundtrack has finally been released in full

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Some land before time fans may know this already. As it was released in October last year. And forgive me if someone already made a topic on this.

Anyway  I am a big fan of the land before time's music from both the first film and the squeals (despite only liking a hand full of the squeals) in fact one of my all time favourite movie soundtracks in general. However up until now only 75% of the original land before time soundtrack by the late James Horner was available in isolated format. A good chunk of the soundtrack from between the scene were Spike debuts and after the group temperately split up with Littlefoot after a falling out has been unavailable.  Since getting back into LBT in 2013 I've looked high and low for the raw version of those bits of the soundtrack even tried using vocal removal filters on sound editing software but you can still faintly hear character's voices  and sound effects.   

Not even the sequels which often re-used parts of the original soundtrack didn't use the unreleased music.   

Though now our prayers have been answered as the bits of music from those scene have finally been released isolated in a special expanded edition of the LBT soundtrack. So now we can enjoy the whole of James Horner (God rest his soul)   fantastic score form this childhood movie of ours and is also a fitting tribute to James too.

I also noticed there are some bits of this music that weren't in the actual movie and were likely used in the many deleted scenes from the first LBT movie.

Anyway here are the links to the 2 new isolated tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkXUeN-phmc&list=LL&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApnYY3w0e1U&list=LL&index=1
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:35:05 PM by Dalekdino »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this! I think I didn't listen this before!
I will do it tomorrow, when I have free time, and make analysis.
*takes old pages of LBT OST analysis project*
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Please let me know when your analysis is done, @Sneak. Would love to see it.
:ChomperImAwesome

And thank you, Dalekdino, for sharing this. :yes

I'd like to eventually do a soundtrack overview of my own. But either way, this is incredibly awesome. I used to lament over the missing cues myself; I never expected they'd ever see an official release, but hey, I ain't complaining.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
So beautiful! But I can't listen to it too much without being struck by an avalanche of emotions from my childhood, heh. Still, James Horner was an absolute genius. I don't think any soundtrack has ever had the effect on me like the from Land Before Time and that's saying a lot! Because soundtracks are incredibly important to my experience of a movie.

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
So glad that this was finally released! It’s just a wonder it took so longer.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

IKR!? Why it took them over 30 years ( the 2 tracks were released in 2020) after the film came out to release the full soundtrack and 5 years after James Horners untimely death is beyond me. Not even the squeals reused any of the music from these newly realised tracks.
Still good to finally hear the whole isolated soundtrack as well as other parts here and there that weren't in the actal film due to the cutting and re-edits .
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 06:53:24 AM by Dalekdino »

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

IKR!? Why it took them over 30 years ( the 2 tracks were released in 2020) after the film came out to release the full soundtrack and 5 years after James Horners untimely death is beyond me. Not even the squeals reused any of the music from these newly realised tracks.
Still good to finally hear the whole isolated soundtrack as well as other parts here and there that weren't in the actal film due to the cutting and re-edits .

I guess maybe it wasn’t reused in the sequels because they didn’t have access to it?

I’m thinking maybe the reason it wasn’t released was because the soundtrack was originally released before the CD age, meaning it would have to be a double-album if they wanted to release the full 70-minute soundtrack.

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Do you have the opportunity to upload original versions of these tracks in MP3 or FLAC?
Forever in the past.