The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Should the sequels be released onto Blu-Ray?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Or should they stay restricted to DVD and Digital?

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes. Easiest answer I've ever given. But not if they're going to include the dumb edits made to movies IV and VII. Seems very likely to me that that would be the case now, with those being the most recent versions of those films.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I honestly don't mind the new version of the night flowers but they should definitely get rid of the orange stone of cold fire.

caspyartist

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Absolutely. I don't collect DVDs as much as I used to, but even though I have all the sequels digitally, I would definitely buy a Blu-ray box set.

LBT Fan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh yes they should. Universal's MOD blu-ray line has helped them release some less popular movies, including direct-to-dvd sequels. If they can release obscure sequels like Dragonheart: A New Beginning, then they can surely release the sequels on blu-ray, especially when they already have HD transfers ready that they can just put onto a disc. The only downside is that they would probably release them individually and you would have to pay for each sequel blu ray release.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh I hope they don't release individually. That would be really dumb.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, as long as that make it look really spectacular in the process.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
That is one thing I am worried about. I am nervous to see what the animation in the earlier sequels looks like in crystal clear Blu-Ray HD. Hopefully it will still look good or it will look even worse.

LBT Fan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
@LittleDas75

You can watch the sequels free with ads on Amazon Prime Video in HD. They are a probable reference to what the potential Blu-ray may look like.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I also hope they don't horribly crop 2-11 to the 1:78:1 aspect ratio like other companies like to do.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I do recall Universal releasing An American Tail 2 on Blu-ray, but the 3rd movie was not released on Blu-ray.  I think that only movies that spawned sequels by Universal will only have their theatrical movies released on Blu-ray.  So my response to your question?

:DD Yes!
 :lol Definitely!
 :wow Absolutely!
(hope you like that Gravity Falls reference…)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I do recall Universal releasing An American Tail 2 on Blu-ray, but the 3rd movie was not released on Blu-ray.  I think that only movies that spawned sequels by Universal will only have their theatrical movies released on Blu-ray.  So my response to your question?

:DD Yes!
 :lol Definitely!
 :wow Absolutely!
(hope you like that Gravity Falls reference…)
Sad, really. There are some direct-to-video movies out there that are worthy of Blu-Ray releases, but I don't want to get off-topic with a broad topic like that.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes. Easiest answer I've ever given. But not if they're going to include the dumb edits made to movies IV and VII. Seems very likely to me that that would be the case now, with those being the most recent versions of those films.

The what now!? There are edits of those IV and VII? What did they change?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

The what now!? There are edits of those IV and VII? What did they change?
https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16944.0 See this thread for details.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile