The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Best Songs on Spotify

Rustam · 10 · 1079

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Can anyone grab and upload this album?

http://open.spotify.com/album/446xK8J4GJcvHMNcKYygLa
I tried to register, but I was not allowed because of the proxy.
Forever in the past.

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Now here's an interesting little album. I thought it'd just be a repackage, but no, several of these songs have new arrangements and even a new singer. The first track is unchanged from its inclusion in the first LBT singalong  (very appreciated), but then The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur has a different singer, who sounds to be a woman singer doing a little boy voice. Today's the Day is, as far as I can tell, untouched, but then the woman singer comes back for When You're On Your Own. Family has a new arrangement (which is kinda weak, especially compared to the original) with all the original verses, but also there's a new section with what, to my ears, sounds like most of the original VAs, but maaaybe a Littlefoot soundalike? If it's not a soundalike, then do we have a previously unreleased version of the song? Imaginary Friend is untouched, while Best of Friends uses the Olivia Newton-John version of the song. Stupid Stompers is untouched (for better or worse, depending on your view of that song, and naturally Look For the Light and Diana Ross' If We Hold on Together are both untouched.

Another thing, maybe it's just me, but a lot of the songs with their arrangements replaced sound distinctly like MIDIs to me. I'm sure they're not actually MIDI format, but boy do they sound like fake-y sampled instruments.

Looking a little deeper, it looks like this album released around March of last year, but I hadn't seen anything about it previously. You can find all of it on Thomas Dekker's channel, in his top tracks playlist. Main question from me is did we have an extended version of Family before this album? I didn't realize if we did, but I want it now, preferably with the original arrangement. If that's Thomas Dekker's voice in the extended verse and not a soundalike, surely it must exist with the original arrangement. I'd guess that it is, given that they didn't get any of the other original actors to redo their lines on songs they'd normally feature in, they just had the aforementioned lady singer redo all of the parts, despite crediting the original cast when they're clearly not the ones singing.

Very interested in this subject now, and especially about this version of Family. If it exists, I need an extended version of the absolute heartbreak that is that song.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 05:28:50 PM by Hammy »

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
I thought it'd just be a repackage, but no, several of these songs have new arrangements and even a new singer.
Eggsactly! When I listened to the preview of the tracks, I immediately realized that these are improved records. They were re-sang, and there are no extraneous sounds in them, as if we were listening to songs directly from the cartoon. That is why they are of great importance.
But these are not all the songs. I searched the wiki and it turned out that this album contains two more songs that are not on Spotify. One of them "No One Has To Be Alone" sung by male vocals.
http://kidsmusics.com/the-best-songs-from-the-land-before-time/
http://www.soundtrack.net/album/the-best-songs-from-the-land-before-time/
Unfortunately, you can only listen to short previews of the songs on both links.  :littlefootoh "No One Has To Be Alone" is also on the list of one of Spotify's other albums, but you cannot listen to it.

http://open.spotify.com/album/6LWEyANf5mvSWsgCSngXkg
My friend Draigar helped me with creating an account on Spotify, but I can't log in, the site won't let me in again because of the proxy. So I asked people on one Russian site to help me with extracting songs. I do not know if they will respond to my request.  :spikenotamused
Forever in the past.

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Those people responded to my call and uploaded all 11 songs from the album!
http://dropmefiles.com/YVy7u
The link is temporary and will disappear after 6 days!
Forever in the past.

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, the No One Has to be Alone on this album is the Donny Osmond version, directly lifted from LBT IX's credits, and I believe one of his own albums. I think it's neat that the songs have been released without extraneous sounds, but some of the re-arranged and re-sang songs are just kinda weak compared to the film versions. Most of Family's instruments are just missing, which leaves me feeling unfulfilled, even with the extended lyrics.

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
some of the re-arranged and re-sang songs are just kinda weak compared to the film versions
So I was not the only one who noticed it. I didn't like The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur because it is sung in the voice of a 36 year old MILF. It would be better if it was sung in a child's voice.
Forever in the past.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
some of the re-arranged and re-sang songs are just kinda weak compared to the film versions
So I was not the only one who noticed it. I didn't like The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur because it is sung in the voice of a 36 year old MILF. It would be better if it was sung in a child's voice.

Things I did not expect to read this morning  :spit

Gave them a listen. They're ok, but far from "Best of". Thanks for sharing regardless :)

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
one thing I dont like about the Spotify playlist is the version of Dianna Ross's If we hold on together it just does not sound right as well with that why did they not just include the og version its on Spotify also I dont like the voice they used on When You're On Your Own its a bit to girly for me also the beat for The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur is a bit of epically with the girly voice again like why couldn't you just add it to the playlist also why is it not in chronologically order its mainly just a nit pick but still apart from that its pretty good.   
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 07:45:07 PM by 00not_nathan00 »
Still waiting for the bluth cut

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
one thing I dont like about the Spotify playlist is the version of Dianna Ross's If we hold on together it just does not sound right as well with that why did they not just include the og version its on Spotify why couldn't you just add it to the playlist also why is it not in chronologically order its mainly just a nit pick but still apart from that its pretty good.

I'm pretty sure the people who made that Playlist (presumably Universal) just stuck with songs that have words, not instrumental songs, which is why the OG version of If We Hold on Together (instrumental) probably isn't here.

Plus, I'm pretty sure you can find the OG version on the original 1988 Land Before Time soundtrack, which is also on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5aOmQSFMEifw5F9ItpyQPr

NatsnCats

• Ruby
    • View Profile

The downloadable version on the iTunes store is thankfully the correct version from the movie. Not sure why Spotify changed it to some odd cover.