The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

SRFG's fanart

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Why did I make such a long username 9 years agoooooo

Can't find my old fanart thread, so might as well start a new one. Don't really want to look at most of my old art anyway.  :oops

Don't know how much I'll draw, and it's been a while since I've done it with dinos, but I used to be known around here for longneck art, and, well... I'm still just drawing longnecks. Oops.  :lol

This will mostly be OCs I think, although I may draw the gang at some point. Right now I'm too busy drawing Littlefoot's extended family, so bear with me.

So enough of my ramblings... here's some stuff. I'll start with one old drawing I still sort of like (now with no massive Photobucket watermark) from like, 6 years ago lol.

I think this was for an old fanart contest a few years back and I decided to draw Littlefoot crying because I'm a douchebag who likes to put my favourite characters through emotional turmoil.   :rhett_smile

The next one is something I finished today. This is a slight redesign of an old OC, Linnaea. She's Grandma Longneck's eldest daughter. It was just going to be her here as a character design sheet and then I decided to add more because why not I guess.

Littlefoot's mom at least is new pfp worthy material. Younger grandma looks really off, possibly because she was the first adult I drew and also the one I put the least time into, so... meh. It's something to get me back into it at least. Remember to use references, folks, they're very handy. I'm hoping to do some painting-like stuff over time between more character design sheets like this, but we'll see. Backgrounds especially are something I really want to work on this year.  Next up: SRFG draw something that isn't a longneck challenge!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Very nice! Hey nothing wrong with specializing in drawing longnecks. Maybe one day you can show Rhett some love with some fanart  :bestsharptooth :rhett_sad

Anyways, great to see a returning member making a fanart comeback. Have you thought about participating in the fanart prompts by any chance?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I believe this is your thread.
https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=11418.msg357580#msg357580
Forum search and threads list has "By user / Started by" filed. ;)

I checked your old and new art. You definitely love longnecks! XD Don't worry, that's ok, I love them too!

my inner sharptooth: stupid longnecks... why nobody loves sharpteeth? :O
Cera joins: stupid flatheads...Everybody knows that threehorns are the best!

They all are well done! :D
Background in night one is gorgeous! :O
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 06:27:24 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Maybe one day you can show Rhett some love with some fanart  :bestsharptooth :rhett_sad

Have you thought about participating in the fanart prompts by any chance?

Hmm... Rhett and the epic fail prompt... hmm... Nope, I got nothing.  :PLoofah I did have a look at the prompts, and yeah, when I have time I'll try and take part! I don't care if it's months too late I'm doing the meme one.

I believe this is your thread.
https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=11418.msg357580#msg357580

Why did it end up in the fanfiction section I'm so confused. Oh well, thanks for finding it! I'll probably just keep it to here now though.

Background in night one is gorgeous! :O

Thanks! Backgrounds are something I haven't touched for ages so it's something I want to work on (I think LBT provides pretty good inspiration for that though).

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm... Rhett and the epic fail prompt... hmm... Nope, I got nothing.  :PLoofah I did have a look at the prompts, and yeah, when I have time I'll try and take part! I don't care if it's months too late I'm doing the meme one.
Because Rhett never fails right?  :rhett_brag
Haha yeah by all means make an LBT meme, that would be great! Though as a heads up I won't be able to count it towards the fanart participation award that gets handed out since the deadline has already passed.

Why did it end up in the fanfiction section I'm so confused. Oh well, thanks for finding it! I'll probably just keep it to here now though.
Oh that's probably because the admins were separating the fanfictions and fanart manually into separate sections. Since it was so old it probably wasn't noticed is my guess.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Haha yeah by all means make an LBT meme, that would be great! Though as a heads up I won't be able to count it towards the fanart participation award that gets handed out since the deadline has already passed.

That's fine lol, it's the fun that counts!

Oh that's probably because the admins were separating the fanfictions and fanart manually into separate sections. Since it was so old it probably wasn't noticed is my guess.

Oh PFF I forgot they used to be in the same section.  :PLoofah I just thought maybe I'd messed up when I made the thing but that makes sense.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've moved the old topic to the right subforum now. I think they only checked the first couple of pages when making the split, so older topics all ended up in fanfiction (already had to move a few).

I like the color scheme on your OC. Having the darker color around the eyes is neat :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I've moved the old topic to the right subforum now. I think they only checked the first couple of pages when making the split, so older topics all ended up in fanfiction (already had to move a few).

I like the color scheme on your OC. Having the darker color around the eyes is neat :)

Ah okay that's great. Thanks!

So here's something a bit different. This is my entry for the July/August fanart prompt of epic fail! Topsy was huffing off after yet another disagreement with Grandpa Longneck, only to find himself walking into the nearest tree and getting stuck... again. The older longneck was rather amused.  :wise

Can't remember the last time I did a pencil drawing as opposed to doing it digitally, but I decided to treat myself to a new sketchbook this weekend for some reason so I might as well use it. Threehorns are a pain to draw. Longnecks at that angle are a pain to draw. Might add proper shading and an actual background later but for now I'm lazy. Enjoy!

I know the feet are weird, I've always struggled with them. :lol My scanner quality looks weird too. How does one draw trees again?

And hey, SRFG drew something that wasn't a longneck! Now how about that?  :bestsharptooth

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Honestly, you absolutely nailed drawing mr. Threehorn! They are definitely a challenge and you did great :D And honestly the tree looks good as well. I feel like they are really hard to draw properly haha.

So good to see people participating in the prompts! :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Just look at Grandpa's expression! XD

Good job!

(SRFG drew a threehorn! Threehorns are very pleased!  :cerasmug)
6/14
0/26

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's so good to see you do art again!  :MommaSmile

We all know you're really talented at drawing longnecks but dang Mr. Threehorn sure is looking great here, definitely a surprise there  ;)Cera Had a snicker or two when seeing the drawing, truly an epic fail  :SharptoothAmused

Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah yes, should've known that if you were drawing a threehorn that you would draw them in a bad light #LongnecksAreTheBest   :rhett_brag
You did a good job with drawing Mr. Threehorn as well! I know he can be difficult sometimes. Also love Grandpa Longneck's trollish smile haha. Also cool to see some graphite traditional drawings too! Makes me feel a bit less the odd one out haha.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Whoa, your fanart is really great! :Mo You've really got longnecks down, these look official! I swear, that first picture in this thread looks like it could be a screenshot! Keep up the great work!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Ah okay that's great. Thanks!

So here's something a bit different. This is my entry for the July/August fanart prompt of epic fail! Topsy was huffing off after yet another disagreement with Grandpa Longneck, only to find himself walking into the nearest tree and getting stuck... again. The older longneck was rather amused.  :wise

Can't remember the last time I did a pencil drawing as opposed to doing it digitally, but I decided to treat myself to a new sketchbook this weekend for some reason so I might as well use it. Threehorns are a pain to draw. Longnecks at that angle are a pain to draw. Might add proper shading and an actual background later but for now I'm lazy. Enjoy!

I know the feet are weird, I've always struggled with them. :lol My scanner quality looks weird too. How does one draw trees again?

And hey, SRFG drew something that wasn't a longneck! Now how about that?  :bestsharptooth

This is hilarious! You convey Granpa and Mr. Threehorn’s frienemy relationship well. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
So it turns out I'm actually keeping up with this fanart thing. I've come to the conclusion there isn't enough fanart of Mama Longneck so I'm going to be the change I want to see in the world.  :lol Might as well start with the beginning. Might try and draw a few different events from her life, might not. We'll see (I'd love to make a mini-comic series but I don't think I have the talent or patience for that haha). This one was inspired by a scene I found whilst trudging through my old fanfics which I thought was quite nice.

Originally I wanted to draw several characters including Grandma's parents and Saro all gushing over the hatchling but... that was ambitious.

Yes I'm still in the habit of youngifying certain adult characters. I like the headcanon that the grandparents had a bluish tint to them in their youth and greyed as they got older... still trying to figure out younger Grandma's colours here. I don't know why she gives me such trouble.  :p

The problem I have with this is that I put so much time into messing around with the background that by the time I got to colouring the actual characters I lost interest. XD The best part is that I didn't pay attention to where the characters were going to be and thus put some quite a bit of time into things that are now covered by the parents' heads.  :ShortyDisgusted The moss on the trees looks a bit too green too whoops. Ah well, it's my first attempt at a detailed background in... forever. The shadows are bleh but I just wanted this thing finished by that point.  :oops

In short, I've got a lot to learn with digital painting. Overall I'm not completely satisfied but then I never am, so... :p

Two versions, one with and one without Linnaea, cause I get OCs aren't everyone's thing. I tried drawing Linnaea from memory this time, the others were drawn from references. Longneck hatchlings are actually kinda hard.

I've got an idea of a follow up to this but the next thing I'll post will be my entry for the Halloween prompt. That will actually feature the gang rather than the secondary characters that I have an unhealthy attachment to.  :rhett_smile

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Honestly, imma have to applaud you on this. I have trouble with making backgrounds, and seeing you make this master piece encourages me to work a bit more on that. 

Also the baby is so cute!
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Honestly, imma have to applaud you on this. I have trouble with making backgrounds, and seeing you make this master piece encourages me to work a bit more on that. 

Also the baby is so cute!

Thank you! I downloaded quite a few new brushes for Krita which were a big help with doing the background! It was fun to experiment around.

So last time I said this:

I've got an idea of a follow up to this but the next thing I'll post will be my entry for the Halloween prompt.

This was, in fact, a lie. I sketched out a short comic to follow up with this. Featuring all the characters I wanted to feature in the last thing.

So the dad who once mentioned he doesn't cry gets overwhelmed by the birth of his daughter and becomes a sobbing mess and what do his wife and best friend do? Plot to tease him about it, obviously. Well, at least until they get called out.  :PLoofah

The two older longnecks in the top right panel are my OCs Sorrel and Patrice, Grandma's parents. Sorrel's been one of my favourite OCs for about 10 years and I believe this is the first time I've ever drawn him. He's a big softie but he won't admit it. Patrice I couldn't stick to a design for. She was originally the sandy brown she is now, then she was green, and now I think I'm gonna stick with the sandy brown. She does look almost identical to the Old One and most of her herd, but that's kinda the point (and I may have an idea to do with it :p).

And yeah, that's Saro along the bottom. Whoever designed that bum-chin... I just wanna talk. I think he was a greyish brown but honestly I couldn't be bothered to go and find the episode to look. His head also looks a bit pancaked here.

This was just going to be a pencil sketch but I realised I can't sketch things at the right size... also digitally I just copy and pasted the two heads in the bottom two panels with some minor adjustments. Hooray for laziness.  :lol

Also apologies for that handwriting.  :sducky

The next one should be the Halloween prompt but... I'm not gonna stay certain about it this time. I may keep procrastinating doing my coursework.  :oops

Also help I'm getting way too attached to baby Mama Longneck.  :opetrie
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:36:17 PM by somerandomfangirl »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Alright, here we go! I actually finished this like a month ago but thought it might be too soon to upload it for spoopy month... and then I just forgot about it whoops.

So... do I name this? If so I suppose Curse of the Blood Moon is a fitting title? I'm bad at titles. :lol This is my entry for the Halloween/horror prompt.

There's some blood/gore in this one so I'll put it behind a spoiler tag!

Spoiler: ShowHide

So I made the mistake of watching Primal and listening to Thriller a lot before drawing this and so here you go, zombie Sharptooth. He's looking a bit bruised from that boulder the kids dropped on him. And it looks like he got in a fight before reaching the kids, too.

This is my first time drawing most of the gang barring Littlefoot, so you can probably tell they're all heavily referenced. Except Spike, I couldn't find a good one of him running so that was kind of improvised. Looking at him again, the head looks a bit small. Again I can't draw feet so excuse those. :p And I don't know what the shading/shadows are doing here, I gave up at that point.  :sducky Dunno what to say about the background other than it took a few tries haha.

Hmm... is that a friend or a foe watching from above?  :thinking

I got a few more things in the works. Bron's gonna hopefully get something by the end of his showcase month and I've drawn out an idea I have for a fanfic I've started writing. Speaking of, the reason I haven't been arting so much is because I've gotten into a writing groove and I can only do one of those things within a set period of time because I'm weird like that. But I have got a few sketches I'll try and colour in the next couple of weeks. Till then!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
:O

Great entry for October! One of your best works!

Crimson background is spooky and beautiful at the same time. All characters are drawn very well! :D Great job!

I hope that's an ally, and will save our gang...
6/14
0/26

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Now THAT is spooky! :rhett_shocked Awesome work on this piece, especially considering you hadn't drawn most of the characters before! (Haha, I'm relieved that I'm not the only fanartist who's too busy drawing random side characters to draw the main group...LBT is one of the few fandoms I've gotten into where I've ended up drawing the main characters much at all!)

Also, I totally understand being in either a drawing/writing mood but not both at once. Don't sweat it, that's just how some of us work! :D And even if you don't finish the WIPs you have, I sure wouldn't mind seeing the sketches!