The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I've been here half my life

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Seriously. I joined this forum when I was 14 and I am 29 now. A while back I used a website to calculate when I would reach my "half life" point, and it was yesterday, 27 October 2022. I reckon slightly older members will be reaching this milestone soon as well.

I don't think my 14 year old self would have believed me if I told her this would become a really big part of her life. Thanks everyone for all the good years.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I wasn’t in the forum when you first joined, but what I can say is I’m proud of you for reaching this achievement.  Congratulations!

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's quite an achievement to have spent many years on a forum when most people just post once and never again or stay there for a while and then are never active again.

Well done!  :)

ManOfWar GT

• Spike
  • He/him
    • View Profile
I actually already knew you joined the forums when you was 14.
But congratulations on your anniversary.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hooray for 2008! All the best users joined the forum then :P

The GoF had a huge impact on my personal growth as well, its quite a remarkable site and bunch of people. My Welcome thread is basically the first thing I ever posted on the internet under my own identity (everything earlier was like Wikipedia edits), so I basically learned how to behave online through how y'all treated me. And I couldn't have picked a better group to learn from!

I remember when landbeforetimelover messaged me a few days after I joined saying he'd removed the white background from my avatar (the same sandwich you see now) just because he figured I'd like it to look nicer. I was blown away by receiving a random act of charity from a regular when I didn't even have 10 posts yet. And then, sometime later, when I posted a cryptic vaguely-alarming message and left the forum without explaining why (wasn't y'all, was teenage depression mixing with real-life stresses overwhelming me) Malte emailed me to ensure I was alright, (he actually did it twice! Once immediately, and once a month later after I didn't reply to the first.) I never thought people online would care about other users to that degree, and his act of caring really helped me get through a tough emotional point in my life.

So yeah, I guess I'm trying to say I owe a lot to the GoF too, and I'm really glad its stuck around all these years. The current bunch of admins (especially rhombus, Mumbling, and nick22) really put a lot of work into fostering a positive and healthy community, carrying a torch that's been burning as long as I've been a part of the forum and earlier.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's always nice to know your experiences, guys, filled with good memories. :)
Congratulations!