The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
A friend brought over his and I reached the "pro" level on Wii bowling in about twelve games. :p :p  Like Pogo bowling, find a sweet spot and you can score all day.  I tried the golf one too and I tried to be mr macho and nail it over an out of bounds area onto the green...didn't make it. :lol:

Great concept, but my arms have ached for days afterward even if I only was doing this for less than an hour. :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well Petrie, a little secret about Wii Sports is that the Wiimote function for the game is VERY sensitive.  This extreme amount of sensitivity allows you to be able to use only the smallest movements to make amazing shots in games like Wii Golf.  A simple movement of the wrist is plenty to get up to 200 yards off with the wedge.  It just takes practice to figure it all out. :)

Nintendo sure knew what they were doing right from the start of this one. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Great concept, but my arms have ached for days afterward even if I only was doing this for less than an hour.
I agree with Pokeplayer; You were tryin' too hard, Petrie! :P:
You can probably kick my butt at bowling though. :lol  Any 300 games, Petrie? :D

Any other games you plan on getting in the future?
You bet!
Some of the "usual suspects" I'm looking to pick up are SSBB and Mario Kart.  Other than that, I'll just play it by ear and see what my friends and I agree would be amusing :p
I bought this almost exclusively as a social gaming system.  I probably won't use it much on my own (I might do a little bowling though, because that's fun and I need practice :p).

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have a question that mabey one of you Wii owners can answer.

I don't have one yet, but it is my understanding that, when you pay money to download a Virtual Console game, or to "license" it for you to play on the Wii, you can back it up on a Wii memory card, but you can only play that particular game on the particular Wii console you downloaded it on. My question is what happens if the Wii console you downloaded that game on gets damaged beyond repair? Are you unable to play your VG console games you legitimately own?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I hadn't really thought about it, I suppose you'd have to start from scratch if Nintendo doesn't just let you have the games back fro free or for a discount. The reason you can only play the Downloaded games on your particular Wii is to protect Nintendo from being pirated.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
That stinketh. If there's no way to play the VC games without having to pay to be able to play them again, that'll discourage me from using that feature. I hope that piracy protect thing doesn't apply to the gamesaves on the Wii memory cards, as well. :unsure:

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
If you send your Wii to Nintendo for repairs they might transfer all of your purchased VC games to a new one if it comes to that. However, I think that's done if your Wii is still under warranty.

I also think that's why they give you the option of linking your My Nintendo Account in the Wii Shop Channel page. By doing so the VC games you purchase will be added to your My Games list in your My Nintendo Account. So if you get another Wii just go to said Wii's Shop Channel and link your My Nintendo Account to it and you can download the ones already purchased before that are in your My Games list.

I may be wrong though, that's just what I believe linking your My Nintendo account to your Shop Channel does. I hope it does just that, though.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, all I can advise is that you be careful with you Wii, and don't set it up in a place too high or too low.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I apologize not being online for a while, that's because I've got a brand new Wii!

The game I've got now are these:

-Super Mario Galaxy.
-PokÈmon Battle Revolution. (:D)
-Wii Sports. (Lotsa fun with this one!)
-Driver: Parallel Lines.

I'll give the Wii Friend code, along with the PBR Friend code later!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Driver: Parallel Lines. Never heard of that one. could you tell me something of it.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's somewhat alike GTA games. A crminal-based game.