The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

KOOPA KIDS: AWOL?

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
What happened to the Koopa Kids? They were in the 2 best (IMO) Mario games of all time! then they just... disappeared... Bowser fell in lava before and he didn't just disappear... so what's with the Koopa Kids? Did their mother take custody? I wanna know!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they won't appear till they get a better deal from their dad or Nintendo.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
could be, but I wonder whether they'll (provided they bring them back ever) use the TV or the VG names

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
What's with the infamous "Morton Koopa Jr." thing? :P:

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Koopa's (or Bowser's) son's name = Morton Koopa Jr.

Koopa's (or Bowser's) full name = Morton Koopa. :p

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
whose to say it isn't? :p

it may be Bowser Morton Koopa, and therefor Morton is using his middle name :p -shrugs- the question at hand though... anyone have any other hypotheses on where they went?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is a better name then naming your kid the same as his last name as in Mario Mario.

Or Bowser could be a nickname or something.  They may have dropped the kids since they could not think of anything for them to do.  They could be minor bosses though in games I would think.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
maybe the developers thought it would sound better when they made it, i dunno. Or maybe they got the name from a historical person (like they did with ludwig von koopa, who is a composer, just like ludwig von beethoven, who also was a composer).

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
they're all people

Lemmy is a rock star
Iggy Pop is also
There's a lot of Larrys...
I think it's Morton Downey Jr. he was named after :p
etc

well they were in games that worked, maybe if they went back to that style it'd be better (with the exception of Hotel Mario & Mario Is Missing... for the most part)

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The Koopa Kids were going to be the bosses in Super Princess Peach on the DS, but Nintendo decided against using them. The sprites of them are still in the spare space in the game cartridge.

As for Morton Jr.'s name, another theory is that some relative (probably father or brother) of Bowser's is the original Morton.

Besides where they are now, there's still the question of where they came from. How does Bowser, a single guy who's never had any on-screen romance besides unrequieted love for Peach, end up with 8 children anyway?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
The children might have came about before the events that take place for most of the Mario series. He may have lost his former wife through one way or another. Either that, or the kids are adopted.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It can be a mix of these also, some may be actual kids, and or some may be adopted.

How is super princess peach anyway, just curious.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No clue, I saw them last time in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Since then, they did't made any more appearances.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
If you read the narrative notes on the botton half of the screen in "Super Mario World", it directly implies that Mario killed them all.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Dec 13 2007 on  03:58 PM
Which system was this out on?
The Super Nintendo Entertainment System, commonly called the SNES (or Super NES around my household).

And, WeirdRaptor, you are referring to the notes that follow when you finish a castle level when you defeat a Koopa kid, correct?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Did he make Yoshi eat them and turn them into an egg or something?

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
seems rather violent for a Mario game O_o o_O besides, the nicknamed Hip and Hop were my fav bosses :(

(Mainly because of Tara Strong's role in the SMW TV series :p)

not only a first record of killing in a Mario game, but the first record of killing children in a Mario game too...

at least he gets blown up :p

I can't seem to find the rest as screens :(

#1 Iggy Koopa (Hop Koopa) "defeated" is all it says
#2 Morton Koopa Jr. (Big Mouth Koopa) "Just a memory" seems more like what WR was saying
#3 Lemmy Koopa (Hop Koopa) "Triumphed" doesn't imply it either (so at least my 2 favs could still survive! :D)
#4 Ludwig von Koopa (Kooky von Koopa) Composing now over... but it also says "in castle #4" maybe he's just not gonna be able to in that castle?
#5 Roy Koopa (Bully Koopa) Put an end seems pretty straight forward
#6 Wendy O. Koopa (Kootie Pie Koopa) Sung her last song seems pretty straightforward
#7 Larry Koopa (Cheatsy Koopa) also "defeated" meaning 7 and 1 are ridiculously similar XD

8 lives, because we know that :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A couple of those can be interpreted either way so some could have survived.