The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

KOOPA KIDS: AWOL?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tails_155,Dec 13 2007 on  08:10 PM
seems rather violent for a Mario game O_o o_O besides, the nicknamed Hip and Hop were my fav bosses :(
What about the end of Mario is Missing? I heard it was a bit violent with Bowser and whatnot....

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
well... yea... but that was post-SMW tho

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Was there something to suggest that it took place before Super Mario World?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah. Actually, I looked it up, and apparently, the game had different endings for the NES, SNES, and PC versions, so the cannonocity of any combination of them are in question.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Does it compare to Gannon's infamous "DIE!" expression in some whack Zelda CD-i game?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Implying that Mario did the Koopa kids in for good is too violent for a Mario game? Landing on living creature's heads and crushing them flat isn't basically killing them in a borderline slasher flick kind of way? Or smashing in a being's skeleton with a jumbo sizeed hammer isn't violent? Its all the same to me, the only difference is that the Koopa kids have identities, rather than being random Goomba's that no one gives a rip about. Besides which, they're really only called "The Koopa Kids" because they're Bowser's offsrping. We don't actually know that they're really kids, persay. They could just be young adults. Its only in the SMW TV series that they're called kids, but I'd hardly call that canonical (just look at their inpertretation of Link from "The Legend of Zelda").

that being said, the good ol' Koopa kids have WAY more personality than Bowser jr. (shudders).
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If they didn't die, maybe when they saw they were defeated they all moved to some nice tropical island to keep out of the constant battles between Bowser and the Mario brothers and their friends.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
well, they've been in games after SMW, just not many

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, they've come back in New Super Mario Bros. Wii now, so they aren't gone for good.

Also, I think they were in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)