The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Duke Nukem(all)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
"I'm Duke Nukem!  And I'm coming to get the rest of you alien bastards!"  That's just one of the sayings cranked out from the king of silly one-liners.  xD  Any person that was a gamer during the 90s knew who Duke Nukem was.  He was buff, he always wears sunglasses, he's armed to the teeth.  And he's a badass.  :p  Duke Nukem 3D is where Duke became extremely popular, and was a first person shooter that was just like any first person shooter of that day.  You go around shooting aliens and mutant pig cops and try to save the world from invaders.  Not much of a story with Duke.  The main thing that grabs people is the action and ridiculously funny one-liners.  :lol  Now if 3D Realms could just finish Duke Nukem Forever...  -_-

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Well I'm a gamer from the 90s and I didn't know who Dukem Nukem was. I didn't even hear about him until sometime last year or so I think. We have the game though. Dukem Nukem 3-D I believe. Clint used to play it, and had a lot of fun with the cheats.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Last week one of the podcasts I listen to had a funny joke sort of conversation about the sorts of things that took less time then duke nukem, which has been in development they said for 10 years.  They listed stuff like, from Kennedy giving the challenge to go to the moon to reaching the moon, world war two, ect.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now if 3D Realms could just finish Duke Nukem Forever... 
It looks like Duke Nukem Forever is back in development, as they just released a teaser trailer about a month ago i think.

I loved Duke Nukem 3D! In my mind, i think its the best N64 shooter, with a more frantic multiplayer and a longer single player (not to mention all the secrets as well, oh and it was cooperative) then Goldeneye. I've also played and beaten Duke Nukem 1 and 2 though i never found them to be to great though.