The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does LBT make you cry?

Hyp · 141 · 24553

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Well on this film it did when I say Littlefoot's mother died it hit with such impact that my eyes watered with sadiness for the poor little guy losing a parent. I've been there in reality with my father who passed away 5 years ago on Augest the 2nd 2001.

buba

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sometimes I cry, but rare. It is mostly on some very nice or bad moment.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
It is a really powerful scene (LF's mother dying) and a beautifully crafted one at that. All elements from what you see to what you hear is all in perfect rendition to generate the desired effect. And it obviously works. There's no shame in crying and different things get to different people. Movies with intense scenes (I mean emotionally...nothing else implied there lol :P: ) can be enough for some people. I spoken to loads of people I know who have watched LBT and cried yet others thought it was a rip from Bambi and didn't do it as well as that did. It's another thing that's purely down to the individual's initial reactions...still, there's no shame in it  :^.^:

Me personally, I haven't cried over LBT but it has really got to me at certain times. Not enough for me to shed tears over but I could definitely feel the power and emotion of that death scene. Also, the discovery of the Great Valley was a great one too. THe uplifting music and astonding realisation was hard hitting for me. I felt the overwhleming joy that the gang had achieved what they wanted but again, it wasn't something I cried over.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't dare tell anyone that it makes me cry sometimes.  Those a**holes laugh at me for it.   :mad

buba

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Land Before Time is the only cartoon that made me cry in last few years.

buba

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I think that LBT has rare "power" of makeing people cry becaouse some good moment.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Seriously mate, you have nothing to worry about! Your secret's safe here! ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: buba,Apr 3 2006 on  05:13 AM
I think that LBT has rare "power" of makeing people cry becaouse some good moment.
That is so true.  To me, many of the sequels have this same impact :yes

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
um damn there are scenes that makes me wine like LT's mum dies but the LBT movies that realy did the trick is LBT 4, 5, the big feeze, 10,. are what did me in. :cry2 when LT finds his pop I chocked up and at the end of the movie was what realy did it.

and that is what brought the monster king to tears

Fluppy

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The first LBT didn't make me cry as a kid as far as I can remember.  However, it makes much more of an impression on me now, which I can understand.  

Littlefoot's mother's death doesn't make me cry, but I got extremely choked up during that scene when I watched the movie recently.  I stayed choked up until the scene with Rooter ended.  It's amazing how emotions can be shown so accurately in this movie.

Like a few of you, I also got choked up at the last scene of the movie, when they find the Great Valley.  The music is what does it for me.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The original LBT does get me chocked up at the sad scenes. (Especially Petrie's supposed death.) However, I sadly don't cry during it. :p

When Mo was chased by the swimming sharptooth during that thunderstorm, my reaction was basically the same as Littlefoot's. :lol: (By mere coincidence, I did the exact same line that Littlefoot did the first time I watched it.) :o

Though the one that did me in, was the song "Bestest Friends." It's just so emotional, and probably the greatest LBT song of all time. :^.^:

"Bestest Friends." That's what it took to make me cry. :)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I've experienced some very powerful emotions while watching the original lbt... And yes I cried on some of the most important scenes, when Littlefoot loses his mother, when they find the great valley, and so on... But it hasn't made me cry in a long time, I guess it's one of those things about growing up, or maybe knowing what's going to happen takes the fun out of it, but still I feel a little tingle inside everytime I watch it :D
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, it depends on the mood I'm in (which is always always a melancholoic one) and yes, it can make me cry at times.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
To be honest, I never cried when I saw the 1st one. In fact, all of the movies fills me with emotions of all sorts! :^.^:  :(  :o (LOL, random emoticons!) Honestly, the part when I got shocked was in the 10th movie, when Littlefoot discovered the whereabouts of his dad. I was so shocked, that I even paused the movie and I was like "NO WAY!!! DOES LITTLEFOOT'S FATHER STILL LIVES? OMG!!!" So then I continued to watch the movie 'til the part when Littlefoot had to make the hardest decision in his life: to stay with his dad or return to the Great Valley with everybody. I was surprised upon what he chose: To return to the Great Valley; but Littlefoot had his reason to return there: His Grandparents still needed him, (consider the brave deed he done with his friends in the 4th movie and other I may forgot.) so why not? It was Littlefoot's decision. :^.^: So then, I was also glad with his decision. But the part still intrigates me is if Bron and Shorty are really coming someday to the Great Valley (with all the herd).

Well, I've made up my point.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think LBT 10 could have been made into the best sequel ever, alas I'm afraid in my opinion it turned out to be the worst. What bugs me most is that they failed to make Bron's story in any way plausible and from what he says and does throughout LBT I can't help thinking of him as a very irresponsible, careless, and even coldhearted character. LBT 10 did however provide the material for one of the most interesting threads ever at the GOF.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 1 2007 on  07:34 AM
I think LBT 10 could have been made into the best sequel ever, alas I'm afraid in my opinion it turned out to be the worst. What bugs me most is that they failed to make Bron's story in any way plausible and from what he says and does throughout LBT I can't help thinking of him as a very irresponsible, careless, and even coldhearted character. LBT 10 did however provide the material for one of the most interesting threads ever at the GOF.
*sighs* Why does the childish part of me suddenly feel like flaming ya?

Of course, the mature part of me knows better. :)

I must admit that I have abandoned that topic and have now started to share Malte's opinion on LBT 10.  However, I do not feel it as the worst one, but rather close to that.

A part of me still wants to prove Malte wrong, but I'm trying to tell that part of me to shut up already!  Though it has brought up a rather interesting aspect on Bron, but I'll put it in later due to lack of time right now.  I sadly have to work today. :(

So, expect it tomorrow, okay? ;)

I must admit that it's been a while, but we'll see what will happen. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
What bugs me most is that they failed to make Bron's story in any way plausible and from what he says and does throughout LBT I can't help thinking of him as a very irresponsible, careless, and even coldhearted character.

I don't believe Bron was a cold-hearted character, or irresponsible. He is a very loving, caring, and devoted character. His story was just fine. He left to find a better home for him and his mate, and unborn baby. To leave to do this was a noble act, and I admire him for that. It's not his fault that, when he returned, the land changed and he couldn't find Littlefoot or his mate.

He had no idea where Littlefoot was, his name, what he looked like, no one could give him the information he needed. He didn't even know if Littlefoot was still alive or not. What could he have done?

He chose to stay at that valley rather than look for the Great Valley most likely because he had lost all hope. After all, what if Littlefoot had been killed? The barren land was large and vast; anything could have happened. I would think that poor Bron was at his wits end, devastated that he couldn't save his mate, that he wasn't there to protect her. As much as it probably pained him to do this; he had to move on, and start life anew.

I apologize if I offended or upset anyone.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm sorry pokeplayer. I really didn't mean to provoke by mentioning the thread. My appologies.
I do admit though that I liked the discussion very much simply because you too had good points and the whole thread was on a very high level. We haven't had many good discussions such as that one in the GOF, which is why I like to remember it. I hope that LBT 12 and the TV series might provide us with some stuff for discussion as sometimes we seem to run out of LBT related topics.

The reasons why I think of Bron the way I do can all be found in that thread. I do not mean to stray from the original topic of this thread too far.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't mind that you don't like Bron, but calling him cold-hearted, careless, to me that felt like it was going too far.

Anyway, on the topic, I don't think Land Before Time ever made me cry. It made my sister, Jana, cry, but I don't think I ever did. But then again, I probably did and just don't remember.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I do not cry, but I am almost always on the verge of crying at the sad scenes of the movie. My friend, however, will cry a lot, and she is a year older than me.