The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GTA 4

mcr mad · 22 · 2758

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best game ever cos its hugein size, you can break the window of a park car and open it from the side, when you shot a guy in the eye his eye ball is blown into peices, the blood is so realitic, there it a brilant plot & acting & at your house you can watch inerglacktic space rangers :lol: , IT ROCK!!!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I belive it when I see it.
What am i talking about?!
It's GTA4, of course it's good! :lol:

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
There's already been a topic about GTA 4, but it was short and was before the game was released anyway. I have it and i love all the features on it, i've barely had time to do any missions because i'm always exploring everything! :lol

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i played GTA 4 with a friend, he made $$$ alreaady so i can screw up everything!

and the HUD, that is one little HUD!

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I played it with a friend before. Funniest thing: Jump out of a flying helicopter :lol

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Me, I tried to take down a police chopper with a pistol (It was either that or a shotgun, and I knew the shotgun would be pointless). It didn't turn out that well...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've been wanting to get the game but I am low on cash.  My mom doesn't want me spending my money of video games, but I thought part of the reason for getting a job was so I could have my own money to spend as I please, provided that I don't go crazy with it.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
I got it three days ago.  It is awesome, but not epic like Halo.  Still it is pretty cool.  I like how you can hang out with friends and stuff.  Also my favorite mission so far is where you shoot the Mafia guys at the construction site.  That was oddly fun, especially since I loath the Mafia.  I didn;t kill them all, just injured everyone except for the boss.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
May I ask what is so attractive about playing a criminal who steals, murders, and whatnot?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I think that's precisely the fact WeirdRaptor. GTA gives you all the privileges of being able to do everything law, order and society tell you NOT to do all without any personal consequence. Drive 5 miles on the pavement running over pedestrians, drivebys down the nearest street with guns, steal, pilfer and rob anything you fancy and get away with it. It all adds to the appeal. Doing the taboos everyday society wouldn't allow.

I've never been a real fan of the GTA series purely because the gameplay is just far too samey. There only so much needless killing and mindless destruction for sheer cack and giggles I can stand before it just gets boring. GTA 4 looks great and it plays very well but to me, it doesn't look like anything has changed since the first installment for PS2. It's simply GTA in high-def. I've played all the GTA games since the PS1 but I've never owned any of them simply because I know I just get bored with them even when borrowing them from friends etc.

For anyone you does enjoy the GTA games, go of it. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be played because it is one of the VG industries ground-breakers for originality but for me, it lacks enough substance to keep me constantly entertained.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I am both appalled and disgusted. I'm not griping to you, but I'm what some people would call a boring goodie-two-shoes who hates to see suffering inflicted anywhere. I don't even like seeing villains in movies get there's brutally.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me that you, at least, don't actually want do to any of these things, like you say some do!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jun 8 2008 on  05:54 AM
Please, please, PLEASE tell me that you, at least, don't actually want do to any of these things, like you say some do!
Me?! Enjoying the mindless slaughter of people purely for the enjoyment!?! Not a chance!  :P: That's the main reason why GTA doesn't appeal to me. What you have to do to establish yourself and succeed in the game probably goes against every moral fibre of my being. But that only helps me distance myself from the trends and ideas, that every smothering mummy figure and politically correct business suit that sees games like this, get up in arms about. Nothing displaying violence, drugs, gore, sexual themes or anything of the sort depicted in movies, games or music will brainwash me into thinking that that kind of behaviour is acceptable in "the real world". Please dude, I've got more sense then that ;)

Still, the fact remains that these illegal activities generate the appeal coz, as I previous stated, there are no serious consequences to driving on the pavement or holding someone up with a gun. You can gun down an innocent for a a quick money stash and carry on the game regardless. Coz it's all virtually simulated, it doesn't matter. I just hope that's the way it stays.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm glad to hear that. It makes me wonder what goes on in other people's heads, though.

Morals aside, the other thing that turned me off is that the fact some random grunt on the street has the power of an entire army.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
haha GTA is one game I really don't tend to take very seriously.  I almost want to get it just for the amusement of grabbing cars randomly and generally causing havoc in high-def. :lol

I don't know how one could really get into GTA 4.  I find it amusing for what it is on the outside: An opportunity to act like a moron and get away with it! :p

the fact some random grunt on the street has the power of an entire army.
and if he didn't, the game would lose the random amusement factor, thereby turning it into something even *more* realistic and potentially damaging to society.
Unless I'm just insane. :p
I've had a rough day, maybe I'm not thinking straight...

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
it is not a good gta for beginners, -_-

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm the same as Action, screw the missions, i just wanna destroy as much stuff as possible before dying. Or trying to outrun the cops as long as i can, while only staying in cinematic mode. I've only really had one day with GTA4 so i can't really say how good the missions even are, but i do like the cover system they have, and better police AI.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd say the Driver series is better.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Jun 9 2008 on  11:58 PM
I'm the same as Action, screw the missions, i just wanna destroy as much stuff as possible before dying. Or trying to outrun the cops as long as i can, while only staying in cinematic mode. I've only really had one day with GTA4 so i can't really say how good the missions even are, but i do like the cover system they have, and better police AI.
I once tried to get 6 stars by blowing stuff up.  I got to 5 stars and blew up a ton of helicopters with the rocket launcher but unfortunately, the last one I blew up crashed down on top of me and smashed me.  :cry Now if you want to explore the city freely without the 6 stars, you need to do the missions until you unlock all of it.  I beat the game first and then went on mass rampages of doom.

Here is some fun stuff I like to do.
1. Use a cheat code to get the military helicopter and fly my friends around the city.  I sometimes even fly my dates around the city to avoid the traffic.

2. When the cops are chasing me, I jump into the water ans swim away.  THis does not work if you have 3 or more stars because they will just send a gun boat after you.  If there is no water, I lose them in a subway tunnel.

3. I like to punch some random guy and when he chases me to beat me up, I find a cop and let the guy hit me in front of the police.  The police then beat the crap out of him.

4. I sometimes call 911 and when the cops get there, I jack the police car and use it to pull people over or make them get out of my way.

And just a little side note for those actually doing the missions.  Spoilers ahead!
When you get to the part where you get the option of killing Dimitri or making a deal with him, go for revenge.  I'm not telling what happens.  Just that it is better than making a deal with him.

I'd say the Driver series is better.
I haven't played GTA.
How do you know it is better than GTA if you haven't played GTA?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just remembered that I've played the playstation version of GTA. I didn't find that one good I haven't played the PS2 one.