The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An Absence

Mornai · 11 · 1251

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Recently, someone has hacked into my computer and sent me a Virus, which constantly interferes with what i'm doing and closes my programs. I don't who sent me this virus or why, but i can no longer do much on my computer anymore, so i am going to be away for as long as it takes to get my computer clean again. I have no program that scans/removes viruses or anything of the such, because i don't have the money to get one nor can i find one online. But i guess this isn't all that bad, it's just a computer, but if i ever find out who sent this to me, i'll do everything i can to try and send it back. :angry: Anyway, i hope to be back soon, but until that time comes, farewell. (If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it, i'm still not that good at putting my topics in the right place)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure some folks here can help you quite a bit.  There are some free online virus scanners.  I've used housecall which is done by trendmicro.  Others who know computers may have far better ideas then I do.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
AntiVir has been my free anti-virus program of choice for a few year now.  I've had a good experience with it. :)

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
AntiVir did the trick! Thanks, Action9000, not only did it clean up the virus, it also did away with this thing that kept popping up saying Internet had a problem and needed to close when i didn't even had Internet opened. :lol I was afraid i'd never get on the Internet on my Computer again, but i was wrong. Thank goodness!

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Alright! I'm glad to hear your virus troubles are all over!

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Same. It's a nightmare, getting a virus when you don't know how or just can't seem to deal with it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm glad your problems were fixed and are all gone now.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good thing that you've solved the problem. :) :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Good that's solved.  You can also do Kaspersky's free 30 day trial to remove really bad stuff that sometimes the freebies don't get rid of.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Pffh; gawd, I've been there, too...  That sucks...  But, at least you got the problem solved!  Good job!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...