The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Appreciation Thread

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A couple more members I outta recognize:

*LBTFan13: Not only has he written a great fanfic and has started an awesome sequel, but he is also fun in the party room and has talent :yes.  Guys who sing are cool ;).

*AloneButNotLonely: Although she is one of our newest members, I already like her as a member.  She seems very good-natured and likes to learn.

*The Great Valley Guardian: He seems like a really cool guy, is awesome at RPing, and can be found in the Party Room.  He lives up to the line beneath his avatar.  "C'mon let's all play!" :smile

No worries.  There will be many more recogitions to come :yes.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
StarfallRaptor, Explorer, Great Valley Guardian - You are all some of the best RP'ers I've even seen. It was real pleasure playing the RPs with you.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I've got a long list of people to thank...

I'll start by mentioning the same Serris said above. All of you were great RPers, I'm more than glad to be able to participate with you in these RPs.  This goes for all the RPers with which I've had the opportunity to roleplay with: For having supported my ideas, and for your patience in having participated in them. May many more RPs come!

More objective thanks:
Cancerian Tiger - For her patience in having read my fanfiction and having encouraged me in keeping on it.

Brek - Great RPing with you over Instant Messaging, really, and for having such great ideas which many people have admited that were simply, well, great!

TFS - Our Zelda conversation isn't over yet! Thanks for having had the time to discuss the various elements of games, MMORPGs and others in general!

Petrie - I must have been annoying after that number of sggestion in the first months I was here. However, thanks for having lend me a ear and for having had a great iea in the creation of these boards.

The list goes on, but I think its quite enough for now. Eheh.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Petrie - I must have been annoying after that number of sggestion in the first months I was here. However, thanks for having lend me a ear and for having had a great iea in the creation of these boards.

That was never a bother.  I don't mind suggestions.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also want to give thanks to:

Kor-For joining my latest rp and being an SV fan.

Kit12, Babidi, and Darkwolf91: For all the games we played in the Party Room, and extra thanks to Darkwolf and Kit12 for participating in my RPs.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
brek for the interesting fan works, always a compelling read

cicerian tiger (think i spelled it right) always ready to listen to anyone and everyone.

Darkhououmon for the great drawings

Petrie for putting up with me on WTJP

And Razzie for the same reason.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nick22 - For being a great admin and a great RP'er

LB&T - for helping turn Darwin's Soldiers into an epic thriller.

Jedi - For being an amazing writer. I love his fan fic.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Thanks, dude! I've gotta thank you for coming up with the story plot! (Also for putting up my less-than-remarkable RP'ing skills. I'm still working on not editing posts after others start viewing the page.)

and thanks Starfall, f-22, LBT_cty lover, and MK for RPing!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks Serris. You're good at rping too, and have a good imagination.. Imagination is essential for roleplaying..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While we have different opinions on some issues I think we have more common interests than either of us may be aware of f-22 "raptor" ace and I greatly appreciate discussing them with you whenever they come up in some thread :)

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks to Action9000. He's pretty much the first one I've had moderately long discussions with since joining Gang of Five.

Also thanks to DarkWolf91, for being an artist. Artists rule. I believe this also goes out to Action9000

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks to NaNaNa for being so supportive and helpful with the LBT game.  And hey, I'm really enjoying our chats!

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Action - for being willing to listen to my ideas and creating the 1st LBT MMORPG in existence.

Kor - for giving me valuable feedback on my 2 novel help threads.

The Friendly Sharptooth - for inspiring my custom user title

Brek - for writing an action packed, interesting and yet humorous fan fic.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Due to situations out of my control, I'm going to have to leave this board, and I doubt I'll have an opportunity to come back. This saddens me, since I've really felt like I've been accepted as a member of the community, and as my last word I want to thank everyone who I've gotten to know a little better.

Serris: What can I say? You have easily become my favorite user on this board, especially with your awesome RP, Darwin’s Soldiers. I’m just glad I got to finish the first one, but it seems I won’t be around for the next one. Could you find some way to justify Shelton’s disappearance? Maybe whoever’s in charge transferred him out of the country to get him out of the way. You also did me a great honor by (I’m assuming) basing Dr. Keith Bailey of Furtopia on my character. Hey, this might gave you the chance to introduce Bailey to this canon. I don’t know. Just trust me when I say DS2 will be the one thing I miss the most. You should be proud: the RP you created is one of only 14 that ever reached its ending.

f-22: Of the other RP’ers beside me and Serris, you were easily the one who stayed with the RP the longest and kept the story going, not to mention the only person who played a terrorist. You were also very patient with me the few times I got things you did or said wrong. Thanks for that. Outside of DS, I’ve enjoyed reading your arguments and other things in the Midnight section. That includes your Star Wars vs. Star Trek thread!

Starfall: Your characters in DS were easily the most dynamic, as you as a writer are excellent at throwing curveballs I didn’t see coming, such as Kagetora’s “death,” and Cale’s heel face turn. Your ending post in the RP was the best ending to the whole thing I could imagine, and all in all I hope you stay with the sequel, because you really added something to the RP. Glad I got to know you a little better.

Mirumoto: While you unfortunately missed both the beginning and the end of the RP, your additions were invaluable assets. I was disappointed when Snow and Neku’s relationship was never established, maybe something for the sequel? All in all, if you read this, know that DS wouldn’t have been the same without you.

Nick22: Not to mention through having the most posts of any GOF user, you’ve also shown through many RP’s in the past to be a loyal member and great RPer, and I’m sad that I won’t get to RP with you in the DS sequel. Your “grammar trivia” Brain game was also great fun while it lasted as well. Congratulations on entering the canon of Darwin’s soldiers, and know you’re in great company!

Lbt-cty lover: It was a bummer when you had to leave the RP due to physics homework. I struggled through the same class in high school, and hope things turned out well. We kept Siberys alive and in the action, if you want him back for the sequel : ) Also, your “Geography Game” is my favorite game in the party section, and I’m glad I got to influence the rules (ëon earth!!!’). Keep it up!

Landbeforetimelover: Obviously the first thing that came to mind was when you helped me save my computer from a deadly virus, and replace Norton with AVG. I will never be able to repay you for that, nor for the time you improved my avatar to the quality it is now. You’ve gone beyond most users by actually providing tangible assistance with technical issues, which is great. You also show you’re willing to accept outside recommendations in your own projects, for example, obliging when I suggested the URL should go on the Gang of Five banner. I’m sure I speak for many people when I say thank you.

Malte: You were the first user I developed a liking to, due to your profound arguments and debate points, not to mention your obviously good oratory skills. Several times, I’d be reading an archived debate and find that your opinion actually swayed me to your side, something people can rarely do when talking to me face to face. It’s been a pleasure reading your insights, and trading posts with you in the various Brain Food games. You were also the admin that first helped me to getting my thread “Top Ten characters of All Time” stickied. Thank you.

Kor: One of the first users I got to know, you’ve shown extreme kindness even when disagreeing with another user. You also showed extreme loyalty not only to the Gang of Five, but to my Wiki too, which wouldn’t have half the pictures and content it does if it weren’t for you. I think you’re also now the most prolific non-member on the Gang of Five, in regard to posts. Congratulations.

Adam/Petrie: You’ve shown a lot of thought in bringing together this forum, and time and again you show remarkable skill in setting parameters for users that maintain the amiable atmosphere of the forum while not being too strict. This is the first and probably only forum I will ever join, since I doubt there are many founders who thought it through as well as you did. You also agreed to let my Land Before Time Wiki become an affiliate of the Gang of Five and visa versa, which was another highlight of my time on this board. Again, thank you.

action: Your RPG is easily the most ambitious undertaking in the history of LBT fandom, and you’ve shown great perseverance in continuing with the project despite a lack of programming assistance. You’ve also been very open in accepting what assistance others can give you, even crediting me as a test player without me asking! That moment was one of my favorite on this forum, thank you so much, and I truly hope your RP sees itself to fruition.

Chronicler: We’ve had some spats in the past, but the fact that you were willing to forgive me so easily shows a lot about your moral character. I think you’re probably the only user who likes the Geography Game more than I do, and for many pages you have every other post. After I’m gone keep up the game!

Mumbling: Not only do we share the same favorite character, I’ve seen you go out of your way several times to show friendliness to other users, something many people have thanked you for, but I wanted to join the ranks. I regret that I never got to know you very well otherwise.

Rat Lady: Several times on this forum, you’ve hinted that you are suffering from depression in the real world. I genuinely hope that things improve, since someone like you deserves more. You’re extremely friendly, and are very good at starting discussions that kindle interest and result in memorable ideas. You also forgave me when a joke I made offended you, something which I’m sorry for. And, of course, you came up with the very thread I’m posting in now. Thanks!

Great Valley Guardian: The OC guy! Other than Kor, you’ve probably the second most of any GOF member for the wiki, especially in improving (alright, creating) the OC section, and updating it with OC’s from various RPs and fanfics. Keep on RP’ing!

pokeplayer: My biggest thanks, of course, was because you were the reason I found the Gang of Five! Your Youtube videos have revived countless fans, including myself, and I wouldn’t be thanking any one on this list if it weren’t for you. You’ve also showed an interest in helping others with technical issues by posting lists of known viruses and advising me in how to deal with the aftermath if my own virus. I’m glad you’re slowly but surely being allowed to repost your videos, and I hope that this time, they’re there to stay.

tobeysan: While you aren’t around any more, I recall your “motivational” posters you liked to add, and found them humorous, especially the James T. Kirk one you posted in the 1988 section. You showed a very comedic side on the forum, and never passed up the opportunity to lighten up a situation. You also share a birthday with me and Dark Pterano, making us the first triple birthday on the Gang of Five! Woo!

Vaan: A penultimate mention of a user who hasn’t been on since January, but he wrote one of the (short-lived) fanfics I actually read. He also shares my love for WALL-E, still my favorite Disney movie, and was always spottable in a crowd due to his red bold font! Way to be unique!

Friendly Sharptooth: First off, you’ve got larger posts than any user I’ve ever seen on here, which shows your extreme work ethic, and your boundless enthusiasm. Seriously, before it gets too tedious, you should go though and collect all the insights, essays, and poetry you’ve written here, and publish it as a philosophical treatise called “On Mind, Online”. You’ve also shown great flexibility in accepting opinions that differ from you, as well as much carefulness in making sure you do not insult another user. You definitely have a unique personality, and I’m glad I got to experience it.

jedi42: The writer of the first (and my favorite) LBT fanfic on this forum, I also enjoyed seeing you around the forum. I remember you of all the users seemed to dwell in the same threads and topics as I do, including f-22's Star Wars thread. You're really an awesome writer, and it's awesome that we share so much in common. May the Force be with you!

There are probably many others I’ve forgotten to mention, and to those of you, I’m truly sorry, but know that the Gang of Five was a haven to me for the year that I was on here. I’ll miss you all.

The first word I ever posted on this forum was ëLo. My final word will be ëBye. :wave

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Thank you LBT. You certainly seemed to be an interesting person to get to know. I really wish I spoke with you when I had the time. Alas, that didn't happen. :cry

And thank you, things have became better, MUCH better for me. Thank you so much! :^.^: *hugs*

I don't even know you very well, yet I WILL greatly miss you. :( Good luck with school and with everything else in your life! :yes

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
hardly got to know you LBT, but I'll miss you all the same.  Good luck with life.  :wave

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I will really miss you, LBT. You've always been a strong supporter of my story, and that encouragement meant more than anything. You were always a great conversationalist here, always bringing a fresh perspective to the discussion. I enjoyed reading your posts very much, and I feel the GOF has lost a good member.

Farewell, LBT, and, as always, may the Force be with you!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Farewell LB&T I wish you fair winds and calm seas.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the kind words.  Hope you can visit now and then.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Awwww.  That's sweet LBT.  I hope you can come back some day.  It's been nice getting to know you.  You're a fine person and I wish you the best in life. :yes  :wave