The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kingdom hearts

Vaan360 · 70 · 7684

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I think they should just leave the minigames as side quests. Don't put them into the main story. Also, I think they should have made Disney Town an optional world. There wasn't a Disney Town boss in Terra's story and I guess there isn't one for Ven and Aqua's stories either so what's the point on it being a world you have to beat? The mini games are mind numbingly irritating and they don't advance the story.

EDIT: I finally did it!! I finally beat that awful mini game! God, I never want to do that again!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'm absloutely miffed that I preordered my copy of BBS online since Thursday and it STILL hasn't arrived yet!  :angry:  :bang  :mad Officially the last time that website is getting a penny from me. They take sooooooo long to deliver... rawr!  :anger  :p

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I just beat the game yesterday(Final Episode included) so this is what I thought about it.

Overall, it was a pretty good game. The story as a whole was entertaining, the main characters were pretty likeable, and it was interesting to see how all of this connected to the entire Kingdom Hearts story.

PROS

. The battles are fast and fun. When I first heard that this battle system would be something akin to Chain of Memories, I started to get a little worried. Thankfully, the battle system proved far far better than that of Chain of Memories.

. Terra's an uber badass. Need I say more?

. Mark Hamill as Master Eraqus and Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort. Again, does anything further need to be said? Luke Skywalker/Fire Lord Ozai as Eraqus and Spock as Xehanort.

. For the most part, the worlds are pretty fun and entertaining. Well except for one certain world that shan't be mentioned.

. The Mirage Arena was a nice little feature. I liked how when you level up in Mirage Arena, you also level up in the game. Had I known that, I would have gone to the Mirage Arena sooner.

CONS

. Aqua's voice actress. Dear GOD! This girl cannot voice act to save her life. I hate how she makes Aqua sound so emotionless. Every line of dialouge Aqua had sounded so wooden and lifeless. If Aqua returns in a sequel, do not let this girl voice her. Please!

. The mini games. I like mini games, but NOT when they're put into the main story. In this case, these mini games detracted greatly from the main story and served absolutely no purpose. Why did I have to make ice cream for Donald's nephews? My HP didn't go up, I didn't get a new deck slot so what was the point?

. Some of the bosses were just incredibly cheap. Whereas you can get in only two or three hits, most of these bosses will be able to whittle away half your HP with no problem whatsoever and you have no choice but to just take it. Seriously, I can't stun them but they can stun me...talk about weak.

I think the game was good, but it could have been a lot better. I give Birth By Sleep an 8.5/10

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just finished Ventus's story. Seeing a lot of tie-ins to how it relates to the other KH games. I've started up Terra's storyline now. A bit of a stiff change seeing how quick Ven is compared to Terra's powerhouse fighting style. Here's my overview of the game:

I'm liking the new tweaks to the battle system (Command Style changes are cool) as are the inclusion of the D-link and Focus Attacks. Animations are as fluid and nice as ever (as expected from a Square Enix game) and the range of worlds you visit are a nice addition with reworking of previous places. The original voice cast for these worlds just adds to the mastery. Also, I am SOOOOOO pleased that all three characters have their own story branches. Too many games that offer a range of characters just have them trek down exactly the same road as one another. So glad Square didn't do that otherwise I would have just called the replay value disgustingly cheap. On the whole, a great game. :D

As for the niggles, pretty much agree with what's been said already. Some boss fights are irritating as hell due to constant spamming of inavoidable cheap attacks e.g. Vanitas's teleporting attacks almost made me rethink my PSP to be a frisbee. Camera controls are clunky and terrible as is the lock on feature. Constantly found myself running around blind coz the camera snapped to a random point which was of no help at all. Loading times is another issue. There is an install game feature but to get the best response time from your hardware you have to install up to 800Mb of the game onto your memory stick. If you're like me and can only afford a 1Gb stick, you're a bit shafted bearing in mind I've got other saved game files on my stick as well. It's pretty much asking for a dedicated stick of it's own. Would love to get a bigger one but Sony's memory stick duo's are bloody expensive over here!

Don't like the voice actors for Terra or Aqua. Sounds like they were told to face a brick wall for being naughty and read the script which they hadn't rehearsed yet. They sound wooden and emotionless. Debatable I know but that's just my thoughts.

Despite the negativities there, I'm really enjoying BBS (in amongst all the assignments and coursework I'm currently doing for uni). Finished a few worlds with Terra and hopefully move onto Aqua's story before too long.

Quick note... has anyone else noticed that the three main characters' names all relate to natural elements? Terra - Earth (as in "terra" firma), Aqua - Water, Ventus - Wind (like in "vent"ilation as in the movement of air or wind). Wonder if there was a reason for that?

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Don't like the voice actors for Terra or Aqua. Sounds like they were told to face a brick wall for being naughty and read the script which they hadn't rehearsed yet. They sound wooden and emotionless. Debatable I know but that's just my thoughts.

I think Terra's voice actor was alright(at least he could emote), Aqua's voice actress on the other hand...God, I never hated a voice actor(ress) as much as I hated her. They need to get a new voice actress for Aqua if she returns in another game. Terra's...that's debateable.

Quick note... has anyone else noticed that the three main characters' names all relate to natural elements? Terra - Earth (as in "terra" firma), Aqua - Water, Ventus - Wind (like in "vent"ilation as in the movement of air or wind). Wonder if there was a reason for that?

That's because of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus' connections to Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Riku's name means "land" in Japanese, Kairi's name means "sea", and Sora's name means "sky".

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So the secret ending for Re:Coded has been uploaded onto Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0UbVKQFjjc (be warned, spoilers ahead).

WARNING: if you don't it spoiled, then stop reading this post.

So it would seem that Xehanort is indeed going to be returning for the next game. Apparently as Master Xehanort. So I wonder what that means for Terra? Has his body been restored, just like Xehanort's? And I wonder who this mystery guy is who is supposed to be with him? My money's on Vanitas because his death in Birth By Sleep was too...abrupt. And what would be the point of putting him in the game if he wouldn't be returning in any future installments?

I also wonder what Mickey means by "We finally know where Ven's heart is". I thought his heart was in Roxas? Unless they had just discovered what happened to him. And Sora and Riku taking the Keyblade test is going to be sweet!  :D

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thread bump

Well, after almost a year, the next new game in the series has released a gameplay trailer.

Dream Drop Distance trailer

This is the trailer from the Tokyo Game Show, I believe.  It is in japanese with english subtitles.

I'm planning to get this when it comes out.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Figured since I was getting that tinge for JRPGs lately (yep, I'm back on the Fantasies), I looked up KH to see if anything new had been announced. Didn't find much more than what's already been shown but I did find this nice little japanese trailer which was aired at the end of last year for the 3DS's title KH: Dream Drop Distance. Shows off a few more of the worlds and the characters you are to meet this time around.

For sake of spoilers I won't announce anything here but will simply allow you to view the extended trailer I found on Gamespot. It also lands us with a projected release date of March 2012 (where in the world I don't know but it's nice to at least have the announcement). For those of us still waiting for a breath of speech to be uttered about a KH3 (to which there STILL has been no confirmation) this looks like a decent filler until such a word reaches us. Enjoy gamers! ;)

KH 3D Trailer (Dec 2011)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Word from the rumour mill is that the art director Tetsuya Nomura has made a statement claiming that "it is time to bring KH back to consoles". Whispers on the wind suggest that this may be Kingdom Hearts 3 finally getting a nod. Nothing has been fully confirmed but Nomura-san says that there will be an interesting feature for anyone who plays the next KH outing (Dream Drop Distance for 3DS) all the way to the end.

Either way, sounds like good news to me. Hopefully it won't be something like a KH1 & 2 Hd collection or something. As intriguing as that may be, I won't deny that I'd be bitterly disappointed if that's what was meant. Still, yet to be seen. :) :DD

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
About frikkin time. I just turned 27 over today and I was just hit 20 when KHII came out.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf