The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kingdom hearts

Vaan360 · 70 · 7666

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope they won't have a card system like Chain of memories did.  I liked the game but not the card based battle system, as I recall.  Never had a console so have not played the main Kingdom Hearts game though.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Oct 1 2009 on  08:17 PM
I hope they won't have a card system like Chain of memories did.  I liked the game but not the card based battle system, as I recall.  Never had a console so have not played the main Kingdom Hearts game though.
I bought 358/2 Days the other day. Trust me, Kor, it's nothing like that. It uses a panel system. I can't really explain it well, but let's just say it is much better than the card battling in Chain of Memories.

Speaking of Chain of Memories, I actually liked Re: Chain of Memories. It felt better to play. Don't get me wrong, though; I still hate the card system.

I'd say give it try. It's pretty entertaining. Still can't wait for BBS. I think it's gonna be awesome!

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Well I just beat 358/2 Days today! And wow...the fight with Xion was really depressing. I mean I don't think I've ever fought a boss that actually made me cry while I was FIGHTING it! Part of me actually wanted to lose, yes it was just that sad  :cry  What's even more sad is that no one seems to remember her. Not Roxas, not Axel, no one! Poor Xion *hugs her tightly*

Still it was a good game. Not as good as Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 but far better than Re: Chain of Memories. The panel system was a real joy and the best part was being able to level the crap out of Roxas With Lvl Doublers, triplers, quadruplers, etc.  The missions do start to get repetitive after awhile(I was actually yelling at my DS when I had to go back to Halloween Town for like the eighteenth time!!).

I would give 358/2 Days an 8/10. A good game but there are some things that could have made it better(Not as many missions for one).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It is. But there are some things I didn't like about it. I already talked about how the missions were repetitive and even pointless to some extent but there are other things that irked me.

One thing I hated was how the Heartless in this game seemed so cowardly. I mean once they appear, they actually run away. And the ones that actually fought had really irritating attacks. One of the Heartless had this attack that would warp Roxas to another part in the room. Got really infuriating after about the sixth time. I also wish Roxas could have interacted with the enviorment. That's one reason why I love KH 1 & 2 so much. Also, sneaking around was a huge pain. Once you get to Beast's Castle, you'll see what I mean.

Also, if I may go somewhat OT again, what do you guys think happened to Traverse Town after the first Kingdom Hearts? I'd really like to know what happened to it in a future installment.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Thanks for those little insights Animeboye. I'm off to get my hands on my copy today as 358/2days was released in the UK yesterday (was working all day yesterday so didn't get a chance). Apparently, KH 358 is a much more enriched experience when played with others. Sadly, I haven't got anyone with me who has (or will be getting) the game so looks like I'm stuck on my sorry lonesome for now. Still, this is a series I've always enjoyed and I'm glad a new installment is out.  :smile

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Im on the 258th day and I cant pass that huge plant heartless,  leechgrave I think, in Halloweentown. I almost passed it but it takes a while to beat the tentaclaws. does anyone know how I cant destroy those things faster?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've just started playing (only on like day 15 so far) but I'm actually quite impressed with how it plays. Granted the graphics aren't exactly cutting edge but the gameplay and system mechanics translate really well. Looks like you guys have already steamed ahead with the game's progress...just be careful not to drop too many spoilers without pre-warning us first! ;)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Oct 11 2009 on  05:29 AM
I've just started playing (only on like day 15 so far) but I'm actually quite impressed with how it plays. Granted the graphics aren't exactly cutting edge but the gameplay and system mechanics translate really well. Looks like you guys have already steamed ahead with the game's progress...just be careful not to drop too many spoilers without pre-warning us first! ;)
Great. And don't worry; we won't spoil ya.

I beat the game a few days ago. I thought it was good. :) I didn't really feel much for Xion though. I felt she was kinda thrown in to the game to add conflict. And I'll stop there; don't want to ruin anything.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
wow this game gets sadder everytime.  :cry

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot3897,Oct 12 2009 on  12:29 AM
wow this game gets sadder everytime.  :cry
Which day are you on right now?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm on Day 58 so far but because I know the plot to the other KH games, I can kinda guess where abouts in the KH series timeline we are from the clips and flashbacks that I'm getting shown. Enjoying the game so far I have to say ;)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I finally beat Re:Chain of Memories last weekend and I will admit that I did like it a little better than I did before. One big reason being that I finally figured out how to beat Riku Replica 4. I was dissapointed fighting Marluxia though. Especially when I read how tough he would be. The first fight with Marluxia was supposed to be difficult but it turned out to be dissapointingly easy, as did the other two fights.

Riku's story was also a letdown. This whole time I couldn't wait to play as Riku and once I got my wish, I actually wanted it to end. His story was so boring and the levels repetitive that I actually skipped a majority of the levels, leaving some rooms unopened. And yet somehow I still beat the final boss...

Even though I don't hate Re:Chain of Memories anymore, I still think it's the worst Kingdom Hearts had to offer thus far. I give Sora's story a 6.5/10. At least with Sora's story, you actually have to strategize and plan ahead before fighting enemies. The cards are also pretty cool once you know how to use them except for the CP. I hated that. Riku's story gets a 4/10. I didn't like how it felt so hack-n-slash and how you couldn't even construct your own deck. On top of that, the villians were repetitive and easy to beat. Truly dissapointing.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've never played Chain of Memories all the way through and I'm a bit gutted I'll never get to play the PS2 remake since there is no word of it ever being released in Europe. I played the original GBA game via rom and emulator but since I've upgraded my machine, I didn't take my emulators with me. Still, I reckon I know enough about the storyline to understand what happens between KH 1 and 2. I'm only on day 75 of 358/2 Days but it's been good so far.

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I'v noticed that you guys are talking about Kingdom Hearts. Can I join?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No need to ask bride! Just post what's on your mind! Whilst adhering to the rules of the forum and this section of course ;)

What d'ya like (or not like) about the Kingdom Hearts series?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any favorite games of the series, characters, areas, ect?  Feel free to join in.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: Kor,Oct 1 2009 on  08:17 PM
I loved the game and I'm making a sig on sora right now!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Admittingly, I haven't touched 358/2 Days for ages. I'm only on like day 95 (or something). I seem to go through phases with games. Right now I'm hitting a nostalgic phase coz I'm now re-addicted to Ocarina of Time! Started playing it through from the beginning :lol Next to Kingdom Hearts, OOT has to be one of my favourite RPGs ever!  :D