The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kingdom hearts

Vaan360 · 70 · 7665

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I am a fan of Riku in Kingdom Hearts 2. He looks sooo cool, Sephiroth was a hard boss to beat. I didn't care for Kingdom Hearts 1 very much, I can't really beat it :(
Chain of Memories was an alright game, but the one I am looking forward to is KH3 =D

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Dec 12 2009 on  05:34 AM
Admittingly, I haven't touched 358/2 Days for ages. I'm only on like day 95 (or something). I seem to go through phases with games. Right now I'm hitting a nostalgic phase coz I'm now re-addicted to Ocarina of Time! Started playing it through from the beginning :lol Next to Kingdom Hearts, OOT has to be one of my favourite RPGs ever!  :D
of course the Zelda series is one of the best franchises ever.

well, I played through KH 1 and 2 , again *sigh* if only Sora were in Smash Bros.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Check this out for anyone who's looking forward to KH: Birth by Sleep. It's a japanese trailer that seems to show quite a bit in terms of what worlds you visit and some of the gameplay footage too. Worlds include Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Cinderella. Also, there are three Keyblade users featured that I reckon could be the three from the KH2 bonus trailer. This also gives me huge suscipion amongst speculation that Roxas IS actually part of this one!

The other thing that grinds my gears is that the Japs have had this since 2009! In light of which, I'd like to pose the question...what the bloody hell are these guys doing that's taking the US and EU versions so long to get out here?! :anger  :p Final Fantasy 13 was announced AFTER Birth by Sleep yet FF13 is pencilled in for 9/3/10 (that's 9th of March btw. I'm aware the US put their month first :D). Would be nice if Square could give us an update on when we can expect this title coz it looks a tad bit good! ;)

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Jap Trailer

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, the game was just released in Japan on January 9th of this year, so it may be a while while they localize it.

And it is set 10 years before the other games, so I doubt Roxas will be in it.

I can't wait for it, though.  From the trailers I've seen, it looks very cool.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
To follow up on my last post, here's the real english trailer for Birth By Sleep.  It looks even cooler now.  I can hardly wait for september 10th.

Birth By Sleep trailer

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
So those are the english voices.

Aqua's voice actress is just straight up horrible. She has no enthusiasm and sounds like she's reading directly from the script. I actually thought it was a fandubber at first. And is it just me or does she kind of sound like a little boy :blink:

Why does Master Xehanort sound like Yoda? He sounds exactly, EXACTLY like Yoda. I wonder if Xehanort will talk like him too ("Learn to use Darkness you must", "Kingdom Hearts I will wield")

Terra isn't too bad but he doesn't sound as masculine as he does in the sub. I always saw him with a more burly voice.

Eraqus and Ven sound pretty good.  Vanitas is voiced by Haley Joel Osment so you can't go wrong there. Can't wait to see how the other characters sound.

This game looks so good. It sounds like it's going to be the most epic Kingdom Hearts yet!

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quick update:

They have just changed the release date for BBS.  Instead of October 10th, the US is now getting it on September 7th.  I guess they finished the localization in less time than they anticipated.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Less than a month til Birth by Sleep is released, and the game looks cooler than ever.  They just released the gamescom trailer, so here it is:

BBS Trailer

Who else has this game preordered?

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Lol wow, it took SquareEnix almost 9 months to finally release the US version of BBS. (the Japanese version was released in January) :p

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Only one day left until we find out the fates of Terra, Ven, and Aqua.

I have my copy already paid for, so I just need to go pick it up.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, BBS is now officially available in the states.  Is anyone planning on picking it up today?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sadly no, as I do not own a PSP and don't really plan on getting one either, so I'm going to miss out on BBS myself, which does suck as I wanted to play it too....I mean, you get to fight Gantu in it for crying out loud!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
BBS hits EU shores on Friday 10th. As with Other M, expect to find me near the front of the queue  :D Waited a long time for this one. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait  ;)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
KH2 was awesome, although it was a square button-mashing fest

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I just came into possession of KH: BBS, myself. I've avoided all spoilers, but given that the three mains are nowhere else to be seen in the continuity, I've already figured I'm going to watch meet their untimely fates on at a time.
The controls are okay, the voice acting is somewhat hit and miss (seriously, Terra and Ven sound just fine, what happened with Aqua's voice VA, was she on valium?), and following three individual paths is interesting though been done before. I'm just happy to see a new KH game altogether.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay so I beat Terra's story two days ago and am halfway through Ventus' story. Oh, my God...I just want to say I FREAKIN' HATE THE ICE CREAM MINI GAME!!

Seriously, what the hell?! I can only get to at least 350 points and I need 1000 to beat it! It says I'm supposed to follow along with the beat. Well I'm following along and I'm still losing! I've tried probably seven times at the most.

Can somebody tell if this mini game is required to continue on with the story? Because if it is, then I'm not gonna play the game anymore.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It is unfortunately required for Ven's story.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
*10 Facepalms*

Why? What purpose does it serve? What does making ice cream for three obnoxious duck brats have to do with saving the worlds from darkness?

You know, if I wanted to play mini games, I'd play Mario Party. Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be about fighting the forces of evil, not making ice cream for three characters who make Jar Jar Binks look appealing. Gahhh! Give me Atlantica over the Ice Cream mini game anyday. Yeah, you heard me.

I hope KHIII doesn't have mini games incorporated into the main storyline. Otherwise I might not even pick it up.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
or at least, not annoying minigames..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: