The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF voice actors

Malte279 · 66 · 14490

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi!
One of the most difficult things about the audio play project is that we are going to need the active support of quite a few people. Projects like the singing projects can make do with just three or even less participants. In case of an LBT audio play matters are different. Even very short possible audio plays would probably require at the very least five participants. Seven to eight would be realistic for something slightly more elaborate.
However, people must be really "with it" in order for this project to work out. Just saying the words into a microphone won't do, but one really needs have some acting talent for the whole recording to sound convincing.
As for a recording program, there is Goldwave a free recording program which has been used for our singing programs. However, as I had to painfully realize once again when today I recorded singing for the "Family" project, many microphones tend to produce a very strong and irritating rustling noise with the potential to ruin a recording and its usefulness for an audio play (a mix of different rustling sounds with the occasional lack of such would sound really strange), so to participate I'm afraid we must make sure to get a microphone which allows for at least very little disturbing background sounds. In some cases this would mean that we have to buy them.
Now with all that ugly stuff being said, I'm sure that the creating of such an audio play can be great fun for all the participants. I suggest that all the participants could do test recordings for every character and we could vote together on who we feel is doing the best job on a specific character.
If this project gets enough enthusiastic participants to be realized I'd be happy to be one of them and willing to take the "toils" to get the fun described above.
Who else is?

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hmm...I'll think about it. Problem is I'm used to stage-acting, where everything needs to be larger than life. A friend I sometimes make short films with complains about this all the time.

One other thing...Goldwave isn't actually free. The trial is, and it is theoretically possible to keep the trial going forever, but the only way I can think of doing that requires another (expensive, but I picked it up for free on a special giveawy site) program and a lot of patience.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I am in Malte. About the background noise. The reason for that could be, that anywhere next to the microphon is any instrument with electricity. Was here the source. My keyboard was on my table and I heart strange noises in the mic.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I could be in as well. I can do pretty much with my voice.. :p

Some of you know..

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I¥m in.
I can do somethings with my voice, not much, but will see.

We all should know each others voices first i think.
As for voice recordings, to the persons who have Vista(I think XP to) you could use the voice recorder that comes with it, or record your voice in the windows movie maker,or in vista movie maker.
Or in msn, but msn...well its not so good.

I don¥t know Goldwave so I can really tell if it¥s good or not.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I will download it and see it for myself I guess.
We could all send a 5,10s voice recording just to show our voice.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Any idea what to say then ? :p I always have trouble with that :p

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Not that I want to get into the Voice Acting, but the best to say would probably be a quote. Or maybe a small description, of known things, like the location, date of birth, etc.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yea well probably... It works better if I actually have a quote.. And practice on that a bit.. Why practice?

Lets say I can have some trouble with a few words :p

Its not like I have to practice 4 days over one sentence or something... O well I guess I could do this.. If it were silent here now.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As much as I would like to get into voice-acting, I don't think that I'm that talented with voices. So even though I suggested this idea, all I can do is supervise and advise.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Same here. I don't know where I stand.
Though, people have (no names, you know who you are) have stated, several times, that I should be in the acting buisness.
So I might give it a shot to see if that's really true.
Besides, it's something I fancy.

Now if, and how we're gonna do it is another five.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would be interested in it, though I know nothing about voice acting, nor software nor equipment.  Some with more experience may need to suggest software and equipment as well as tips like how to use a mike to reduce electronic and other noise and such.  

I would guess my acting to be pretty bad since it is the default undeveloped skill.  Also I wonder if either there is software easily used to alter someone's voice to sound more like a child or of most can just accept that some characters that should have more child voices will have adult sounding voices.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, I would be willing to participate but is there even a script yet?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not yet, because there aren't any plots that have gotten the green light yet. See the Plot Request Topic for clarification.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
If you need actor with russian accentuation, i can help. :)
About background noises... There is a programm called "Voice Changer" (Diamond version), that can not only clear all this noises, but also allow one person to play different characters. It isn't free through.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll do what I can to help out.  I can voice-act some, but I've never done it for real.  Guess now's as good a time as any, huh?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I would be more than willing to try as well..but it seems I can't download Goldwave on a Mac. And worse still..I don't have a mic. So until I can obtain these thing, I'm out of luck.

But I still wanna try...it sounds like fun!

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
well, i got a mic, and a voice,(duh!) so... why not? i'm in! :lol:  but i don't understand much of the whole thing, :huh:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just remembered I have a mic but it's broken so I need a new one.