The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Paintball and cross country ( long distance runnin

Chomper · 14 · 2325

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I like to do both of these sports. I went to state in cross country and got 25 out of 80 something.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I've only done paintball, and it was only once - with four games. Man, it brings adrenaline if you play with lots of people in the right place!

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
that it does, it kind of remindes me of a couple of war games, mixed with chess.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I may be the only female here who loves paintball, but I'm proud to admit it :D!

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I love paintball!  I've done it indoors & outdoors.  You have to be in good shape to endure at least 5 matches, which is my limit per day.  I won my only Capture the Flag game...I was lucky to be alive. :smile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My brother plays paintball alot, I don't myself..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
we play woods ball and i love to play, i'm farely decent myself, but i do have moments where i get shot down alot. the worst places to get shot for me is knuckles and your ears.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm pretty good at Paint Ball.  Even though I have not played much, I have not been shot once during a match (it's easy to hide in the woods :nyah).  I find it fun to play my version of "sniper".  That is, hiding in some dense brush on my belly and firing at opponents who pass by, especially the ones who climb up in the trees :p.  I dunno how many times an opponent I've popped with a paint ball has shouted something like "Son of a b****!" or other things that are much more profane :lol.  I once popped an opponent who was running past me, and the impact made him stumble and fall into some brush :p.  As mean as this may all sound, it's just a game.  Nobody sustains life-threatening injuries and it's fun :yes.

I know what it feels like to be popped with a paint ball, though.  After a match had ended, an opponent saw I had not taken one shot, and I guess he thought he was being funny and shot me in the back of my right arm at close range :o.  That was not cool, but after I told him the game was over, he was in shock the game had ended.  So...I was not mad but it certainly did hurt.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i like to snipe myself, but i also dont mind the kamakazee approach if i have sufficent cover.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know the feeling when I get popped in the knuckles.  That HURTS!  Now I wear gloves when I get into games.  There was one guy who's marker may be too strong for regulations, as he was the only one whose hits I took broke skin...

I try being more of a tactician in the game, scoping out terrain and positions in the outdoors (we play in the high desert).  I took the best of cover in a roof-less building overlooking a wash where the majority of the other team was coming through.  But my team backed out at the last minute and I was popped when I had to reload...

As for indoors, once I learn how to describe the different bunkers, I can probably make a good spotter.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i personally like playing at abandoned farm houses or abandoned buildings myself also.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Where I played was actually set up to be have these tiny houses with no doors, windows, or roofs, as well as tire-made walls & bunkers and more natural obstacles.

I've always wanted to play scenario matches.  I know only of one place nearby me that holds an annual scenario game, but I was never around for it.  There's a huge place in Pennsilvania that does scenarios and it brings thousands to play!

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Seconded on playing in woods. The best part has to be hiding behind a really thin tree and still nobody sees you. O_O

I got two close calls, one got against a tree with the lashes flying at me and another was literal shaving.

Something that made me fall back in laughter was doing four random shots to the air and hitting two players. ._. I couldn't see a thing, and still I hit two.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
when its windy i like to curve my balls and hit people hidden behind bolders