The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 174209

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I am very sensitive to loud noises (especially high-pitched ones). For this reason, I can’t stand concerts, boom boxes, fire alarms, or even particularly vociferous dogs.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
My strongest senses are hearing, taste and smell.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 22 2009 on  11:57 PM
I am very sensitive to loud noises (especially high-pitched ones). For this reason, I can’t stand concerts, boom boxes, fire alarms, or even particularly vociferous dogs.
That makes two of us.

I'm easily amused and tend to laugh a lot.  Sometimes, I have terrible bouts of histerical laughter that last at least fifteen minutes before they begin winding down :lol.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I don't really like loud late-night parties, but am getting used to them... I've been to too many not to get at least somewhat used to them... I still prefer some measure of silence at times...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
According to an online hearing test, I can hear up into the 21.1 kHz zone. I'm doubtful though.

However, I dida test and I can indeed hear into the 10-15 Hz range (computer based sound generator from Physics class).

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can somewhat hear into the 22.4 kHz zone.  That's with a fan blowing in the background :blink:.  I definitely hear the 21.1 kHz zone loud and clear.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I downloaded that 22.4 kHz tone and opened it with Audacity... there's nothing there, it's a flat line!

However, the 21.1 kHz does actually have sound and I can hear it... over a noisy computer fan (I need to use headphones as my speakers cannot reach that frequency).

----------------

I can vaguely differentiate people by scent.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Strange...I thought I heard somethin'.  Maybe the sound was from a different source :unsure:?  Don't tell me I've got spooks in my house :p.

For some unknown and odd reason, I laugh whenever I get hurt :blink:.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like "You Tube Poops." Those are funny videos which combine clips from various media in a hilarious way... if done correctly, at least.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 23 2009 on  01:07 AM
For some unknown and odd reason, I laugh whenever I get hurt :blink:.
While my memory for the times I have been hurt is relatively poor (not sure if that’s good or bad), I vaguely recall instances in which I have laughed upon receiving an injury as well.
Usually, though, when I get hurt, I make no sound at all initially (I may grunt and groan painfully afterwards). Though often when I stub my toe, stumble accidentally, or receive some other kind of minor injury, I make a sort of surprised squawking noise (I’d make you think there was some undiscovered species of bird in the house :lol), sometimes followed by a string of spontaneously invented meaningless expletives that I could not be accurately reproduced in any written language. :lol

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I scraped both my knees and my elbows all before I was out of elementary school.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My favorite beverage is Barq’s Root Beer. (I'm drinking one right now. :p)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Jun 23 2009 on  12:23 AM
According to an online hearing test, I can hear up into the 21.1 kHz zone. I'm doubtful though.
Hearing tones means nothing when you're looking at real music.  Play any real music and those high frequences will be drowned out by the midrange because that is what human hearing is naturally most sensitive to.  Just wanted to point that out.

I don't believe its common knowledge that I've bowled a perfect game once in my lifetime - 300. :)  Came close two other times at 289.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I filled out a W-4 form today... for the second time in my life (a certain kind of tax form)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: brekclub85,Jun 23 2009 on  08:21 PM
I hate the sound styrofoam makes.
Me too. I also absolutely despise those little styrofoam packing peanuts. :x (I've got two or three garbage bags full of them in my room from all my eBay purchases. I'd rather reuse them, but so far I've never shipped out anything that needed that kind of packing material.)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I only have twenty-four teeth instead of the average thirty-two.  I have a small oral cavity and consequently had too many teeth in a small space as a kid.  I had one permanant tooth pulled when I was seven, five more pulled before I got braces at eleven, then had my four wisdom teeth pulled at seventeen.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I recently had a dentist appointment... a bit of staining on two teeth, but no cavities...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am capable of putting my leg behind my head while standing.

I do not swim topless (not modesty related; I lose body heat extremely quickly due to my small size.)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I once made a steel keychain and once installed a keg at a party. No, I'm not THAT technically skilled.