The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

sequel with darkest story

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I voted for Land Before Time II. Why? Because after a little bit of thought, I decided that in spite of their somewhat humorous moments, Ozzy (in particular) and Strut (not so much) were rather dark villains. Ozzy could have just lived in the Valley and ate plants, but he was so obsessed with eggs he couldn't he also bullied his younger brother into following him in the process preventing Strut from eating plants, in spite of Strut's complaints of being starved. They tried to kill Littlefoot becuase he constantly got in their way and I don't remember whether they were going to kill the rest of the gang when they had them cornered on that ledge and got scared off by Chomper's shadow. It also showed the Valley as being dangerous with the sinking sand and the geyser that Littlefoot almost gets hit by, the volcano too.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,Jun 19 2009 on  09:48 PM
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 19 2009 on  04:52 AM
I was very pleased with the beginning of LBT 13. Though I had no desire to watch Grandma die, it did have subject matter that was significantly more mature than in earlier sequels. Unfortunately it went from being the most mature sequel to the least with those crazy ass yellow bellies. :rolleyes: LBT 13 is definitely my least favorite sequel.
Wait...Grandma Longneck dies? What the hell happened in that movie?
No she didn't die in fact the beginning of LBT13 and Littlefoot's first dream sequence are the only good parts of that movie, the songs and those stupid dodo birds ruined it almost completely :lol but I voted for LBT4 why because Grandpa Longneck almost dies and it includes the Land Of Mists AKA prehistoric Silent Hill.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually watched 13, and yeah, it really does sucks as much as everyone says.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I couldn't watch it at least not to the end at least there's a dream sequence where the dodos die and heck,two of them actually JUMP off the old knocked over tree.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah well. I suppose every series has its Phantom Menace, although this film was by far the worst of the two.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I kinda hate the last three LBT films which is why I always prefered 1-10.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know, I thought 12 was OK. Anyway, I thought that 4 was probably the darkest sequel.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
so did I ,I remember recently I watched it on the PC,got bored,then threw in some SH music and that intesfied the movie heck,the land of mists is silent hill just look at all that fog :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

Oh, I might add, besides dealing with death though, 4 did have an awesome cave sequence which is very dark and one of the best sequences of the seuqels.  :) But that's not what I'm voting for. I'm gong with 3...it's all about the herbivores facing drought that'll eventually kill them all. 5 starts out in a similar manner but then it took on a new storyline of how they'll get off the island...and then brought in another storyline about Chomper. Which is part of the reason 5 is a mess---it felt like they couldn't settle with one storyline and in the end took a lot of time into resolving the lame Chomper one while resolving the other 2 (the herbivores finding food and the gang getting off the island) quickly and unthoughtfully.  <_<

But movie 3...it's awesome.  ;)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Huh, I apparently already voted in this poll but I can't for the life of me recall what I put. Maybe 3.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I said three, probably because of the some of the violence at the end of the films.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Always wanted to post here.

My choice is The Land Before Time 4. That's how Land Before Time sequels should be done. Having a conflict based around some flyer festival (LBT 12) or a candy tree (LBT 11) is not a good way to create an epic, unforgettable story. The LBT 11 and 12 were enjoyable enough, but they simply can't beat the Journey to the Mists.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
The Roy Allen Smith sequels, (earlier ones) while was still very much light hearted in comparison to the original, still had an interesting "feel" to it that was a nice mixture of goofiness and some element of danger. Out of the Roy Smith ones, I have to side with the majority and say Land Before Time IV had the darkest theme. It dealt solely with Little Foot's grandfather dying, a bit more subtle racism (i.e. Ali) then Mr. Three Horn's, "Three Horns never waste water, but your herds do!" in the third sequel, and mostly darker scenes like what Cancerian Tiger said about Ducky, and the Land of Mists, while not as perilous as what the kids cross in the first film, still pretty spooky.

Out of the Charles Grosvenor movies, definitely Land Before Time VII, as it actually deals with kidnapping, lust for power, manipulating family members, sending part of a herd to their deaths, even if it was unintentional, it was still reckless and stupid, back stabbing cohorts, coming to terms that just because you may love a family member doesn't mean you have to agree with them and their actions.

In the end however, I'm going with 4.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd say maybe 4 overall.  & has dark elements, spoiled by the alien rainbowface reveal at the end.  leaving them a mystery would have been better.  5 starts off a bit dark but not like 4 dealing, like mentioned above, with the possibility of Littlefoot's grandfather possibly dieing.  Though 2 dealing with egg stealers/eaters had dark elements also, and the way one of them stole one ducky's parent's unhatched egg.  Though spoiled a bit by how the egg got back to the nest.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT 5 since the Gang got separated from their families like in the Original plus their home was destroyed. LBT 3 and LBT 4 were quite dark, too.
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If a movie 14 ismade it needs a darker storyline, after 13.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I totally agree! LBT 13 was ridiculous but sadly chances are low that there'll be another movie at all anytime :(
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jun 22 2013 on  09:14 PM
definitely Land Before Time VII, as it actually deals with kidnapping, lust for power, manipulating family members, sending part of a herd to their deaths, even if it was unintentional, it was still reckless and stupid, back stabbing cohorts, coming to terms that just because you may love a family member doesn't mean you have to agree with them and their actions.
That's what I went with - it wasn't every LBT episode you saw that dealt with (unintentional) dino-slaughter, extortion to some point, kidnapping, and forgiveness all jammed into one...
...and Dr. Who even visited :lol

For that, I choose 7!

4 came close because as I see, it dealt a lot with the possibility of losing a loved one - circle of life, which is always tricky to explain, and Dil I remember seemed a heckuva lot more threatening than Sharptooth 1.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For me it is a close race between the fourth and seventh films, for the reasons that others have indicated.  I would have to say, however, that LBT 4 would be my vote for darkest sequel simply for the way it was presented to the audience.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.