The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Silent Hill games

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If you don't know about the Silent Hill series then let me give you an idea- you're driving down a lonely road,late at night and its extremly silent then you see a police woman drive pass on her motorbike when you come to the next turn you see the motorbike wrecked,lying on its side and the police woman is nowhere to be found then you pass by a sign that says "Welcome To Silent Hill", then a girl appears in the middle of the road,you try to avoid her but its too late your car crashes and you pass out. Beware gamers you have entered Silent Hill.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Isn't Silent hill based off Jacob's Ladder?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
that's where they got most of the ideas for the first game but it isn't exactly based off of it.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Just wanted to make sure, plus I got movie yesterday for $7!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
man  the movie is messed up they used the wrong protagonist,give the daughter the wrong name and really screwed it up with that cult but its better than most video game movies.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Metadude,you know there is a new Silent Hill game being released on the Wii its called Shattered Memories and its basicilly a remake of the original PS1 game,everything about the game looks good even the non-combat system the only thing I don't like is that they changed the otherworld to be snow and ice instead of blood and rust which made it more intimdateing

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Konami has released a new trailer for Silent Hill Shattered Memories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X97TLXtY4Uk

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I have a passing familiarity with the series. Sounds interesting. Almost Cthulhu-esque. I might check it out sometime.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I agree the movie was a bit jank, I have beaten the first game at least twice. I'm not a genius on it, but I do hope they make a better silent hill 2 movie. But the movie wasn't a complete failure, I thought that the Dark and Innocent side of Alessa was a great idea. I can't wait til Shattered Memories comes out, I'v had it on pre-order for months now. The wait is driving me nuts  :lol: , Hi Belmont, nice forum you got here.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
No problem :), I was playing Silent Hill 2 a short moment ago. I wonder if Hollywood will mess that up. I tell my cousin this all the time, if my stories ever got popular enough to make a movie. I would reather do it myself than to let Hollywood do it, they mess up everything. To me the only good thing that  the SH movie had to offer was Alessa's different souls, Dark Alessa is my top favorite. My friend said she was watchin Youtube the other day, and saw Silent Hill 2 previews. The way she talked it seemed like it was an awesome movie.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
yeah maybe they might mess up the SH2 film but being SH2 Pyramid Head will get more screen time and I would like to see the Maniquins and the Absract Daddy in a film, and hopefully it'll star James Sunderland like the game did.

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yeah it would be a nice change, I mean for Hollywood to actually get a videogame right. I hope they have Maria, you know I am a fan of Maria. I know that this is going off the subject but how is you ch.4 to you LBT stories coming along, you said you were in the middle of editing didn't you.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
its so-so at the moment but I'll tell you one thing - it is a beast.

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
A beast huh, I can't wait to read it. Sorry I got off the subject, I was just curious.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
It was a really wonderful game. And its still going strong!

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey Paradise, have you played Silent Hill Homecoming yet? Other that Silent Hill 2, Homecoming would be my top favorite game if I had to choose. I love the music they have for the game.

corpsebride5988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey Belmont thanks for the review on my silent hill story just now :), I just got done reading it. =D

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile