The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Car accident

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
A few hours ago, my sister, brother, and I were in a car accident. We were driving along a road (my sister was in the driver's seat) to eat at a restaurant when my brother shouted "Look out!". Turns out there was a car in the middle of the road about to turn and we crashed into it despite Jana's efforts to move out of the way. We went off the road and the airbag deployed, hitting my sister's face. I got hit in the head and the knee. We were all able to get out of the car okay and surprisingly Clint was fine.

Jana ran out towards the road to check on the other people, but her foot snagged against the road and she fell, twisting her ankle and making it impossible for her to stand up. Someone called the ambulance and they arrived and took Jana and I to the hospital where we were checked on and had X-Rays done. We are both fine for the most part. I'm just bruised and Jana just has a sprained ankle. We were both given prescription medicine and dad borrowed a car from work and took us home. Our car is totaled so we have no permanent transportation for ourselves.

Far as they know and as far as we know, Jana and I should be just fine, but we have to wait and see and make sure that our injuries don't get any worse. If they do we'll need to get an MRI.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know how scary a car accident can be, but not in the sense that you experienced. I wish you and Jana the best of luck as you recooperate from this terrifying experience. You both are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you and your family will turn out okay.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Ah man, that's rough.  I hope you two are going to be okay.  Accidents really suck.  Man.  I had an accident just over two weeks ago.  Got rear-ended by some idiot 16 year old kid.  My mom was in the car and she injured her neck.  She's getting chiropractic work done now.  I think there should be an intelligence test and if you don't pass, I don't think you should be given a license.  That kid was so dumb, I doubt he could find his a$$ with both hands.  He hit his head so hard on his windshield that it created the biggest spider I've ever seen.  It looked like a 30 pound rock hit his windshield.  Hopefully it'll knock some sense into him, for that kid couldn't get any dumber. :p

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I really think the driving age should be raised from 16. I'm sorry to any 16 year olds in GOF, but driving at that age is too dangerous in my opinion. A friend of mine got her license when she was 16 and two weeks after she got in an accident. She could have died, but she got out with severe injuries instead.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like a very scary thing to happen indeed.  I do hope everyone concerned will quickly recover.  To bad about the car, but things could have turned out much worst.  Good luck.  

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...I remember when I got the news today on my cell phone, and about had a heart attack.  It's just good to know you two are alright.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Dang, that must've been a very shocking experience :o

Hope you two get well soon... :)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice to hear your okay... Car accidents can be pretty terrible and shocking things.  From my experiences in First Aid training we got told a bunch of horror stories about car accidents and such so its good to know your story isn't going amongst them.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Aww :( I hope you two are gonna be alright.

Get lots of rest! Alex's orders!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear about the wreck, but I'm beyond glad y'all were okay!

Yeah, I know how accidents are.  They suck really, really bad.  I was in a wreck when I was eighteen years old.  I was making a left turn onto a busy highway, and some punka** seventeen year-old who had been driving for less than a year floored it through the red light about 40MPH in a 25 MPH and hit me mostly head-on.  Both our vehicles were totaled.  Unfortunately, I had been making the left turn on a solid light instead of an arrow, and was consequently slapped with a failure to yield on a left turn and four freakin' points on my record while the kid walked away without even a citation for running a red light :anger!  At least I did not have to pay the citation.  The judge waived the ticket on the condition that I go two months without any traffic violations.  Other than that, I have never received a ticket for anything nor have I been in any other accidents :blink:.

Still, I know first-hand accidents are freakin' scary and a royal pain to deal with, but thankfully nobody was hurt too badly in your case.  The car, though expensive, can always be replaced, but lives can't be replaced.  Take it easy now, and get well soon :).

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Woah! Sorry about that! I'm glad you and your sibs are okay though. :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm glad you and the rest are okay Kacie! Sorry that it happened :(

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Whoa! That's terrifying! :blink: I'm so glad you and your siblings weren't seriously hurt! :o :yes I wish you and your sister a quick and complete recovery from your injuries.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Whoa! I'm glad to hear you are alright, but... dang.

Hopefully, everything was insured and no one's injuries will get worse.  :blink:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Thank goodness you're alive and not too seriously injured. I hope that Jana's foot will heal quickly and not cause her too much pain. Again thank goodness it did not turn out as fatally as car accidents all too often do :unsure:

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
I'm glad you guys are still okay and not seriously hurt. Must have been a horrible trip... :o
Get well soon!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope things have improved, even though it's been at most 24 hours.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Thanks for your support everyone.

Jana still can't walk but that's to be expected. She'll probably be walking again soon, perhaps next week or so. As for me, it no longer hurts to walk although my knee is still sore and so is my forehead. They didn't get any worse and don't seem any more severe than a bad bruise. But the guy said something about the actual extent of the damages we may have suffered may not be fully apparent until 72 hours later, so only time will tell if Jana and I will be fine or need further treatment. I don't imagine us needing further treatment though.