The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Top five favorite N64 games!

oogaboo · 17 · 2370

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
1. Zelda Ocarina of time; My absolute favorite game!! graphics was great! Frame-rate great! Expressions was phenomenal! The best of it was the exploration!

2. Super Mario 64; One of the best platform games hands down! Second to SMB3 though.

3. Banjo Tooie; Graphics, depth, and detail is unmatched in this game. This game could beat Gamecube graphics anyday.

4. Perfect Dark; :D

5. Bomberman Hero; Not exactly the best among many people but at least it was easy to navigate certain items to collect.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In no order:

Resident Evil 2. I like it better on n64. No second disk to scratch up, and fact that they got it on a cartridge is amazing

Goldeneye/Perfect dark. Mission structure and the challenge was awesome. PD's multiplayer customization was insane, and it had one of the best maps ever made for the core engine: Grid.

Pokemon puzzle league. Beating this game on super hard was one of the best gaming achievements I've even gotten done

Super smash brothers. No comment needed

can't think of more. OoT was great, but not my personal favorite

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
[color=a9c1ff] - Hey You Pikachu - I love this game. I wish mother never threw my n64 out so I could of kept thew attachments for the emulator version. It may of been hard to get Pikachu to listen at time butthe adventures were so amusing!

- Banjo tooie - I loved the first game and loved the second more. I always had so much fun in the game with the side missions and graphics. Kazooie = win Jinjos = more of a win

- Zelda Majora's mask - Never got far on my file but watching my fiance play it made me so nostalgic. I just hated the 3 days limits

- Pokemon snap / Stadium 1 / 2 - I loved the simplicity which is why I guess I had so much fun with em

- Super Mario 64 -  Darn straight >:V[/color]

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mario 64- the best mario game I've played
 Star Fox 64- got into playing Star Fox.
 pokemon Stadium- lots of fun to play..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
5. Crusin World - Not much I can say about this one, except that its one of the best arcade ports on the N64.

4. Star Wars Rogue Squadron - Nothing beats beats jumping in the X-wing and blowing up a few TIE's, I enjoyed this one alot although found the sequel to be a bit better.

3. Super Mario 64 - Who dosen't enjoy it, plus, why would I exlude this one anyway.

2. Castlevania 64 - This is one of more underrated games on the N64(and in the CV series), but I found it to be quite good.

1. The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time - I honestly don't know a living soul who dosen't enjoy this game, everything about it is good...except for one thing, Navi.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, Always loved playing this game.
2. Super Mario 64, I had the best time of my life in this game.
3. 007 Goldeneye, This is what got me into James Bond.
4. PokÈmon Stadium, Made me more interested in Pokemon.
5. Cruis'n USA, Best racing car game ever played.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Huh. Could have sworn I already had a post ont his topic. Oh well:

1. Super Mario 54.
2. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Star Fox 64
5. Goldeneye 007
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
1. Super Mario 64

2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask(Yeah, I do like it a little better than Ocarina of Time. They're both very good games though)

3. Banjo Tooie

4. Banjo Kazooie

5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
In no particular order, here are my top 5 favorite N64 games:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/Orcarina of Time

Yeah, I put these two together because I can't choose between them. I love them both equally because they are truly masterpieces not just in the Zelda franchise but gaming itself. I've played these games so much and will still go back to them occasionally.

Jet Force Gemini

A highly underrated game, my brother introduced me to this game and I was hooked ever since. The highly ridiculous plot and over-the-top gore along with the satisfaction of killing giant ants were enough to keep me playing for a while. If you haven't played it, I highly suggest you check it out.

Super Smash Bros

I have so many memories with this game. I played it with my friends for countless hours every night, always playing as Fox or Link. Without this game there wouldn't have been Melee or Brawl, so the original will always hold a place in my heart.

Goldeneye

There's nothing I can really say about this that hasn't been already said. The best shooter on the console, and probably the game I played the most.

Pokemon Puzzle League

This will come as a real surprise, but I actually love this game so much. My friend and I would play it all the time because it was so addicting. Normally I'm not a fan of puzzle games, but this one has to be my favorite. I highly recommend you try it out if you haven't already.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Mario Kart
Golden Eye

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
N64 is the best! :lol

Believe it or not, I have 75 games for this system and if I could only choose five here's my choices..

1.Super mario 64- the game that defined 3D graphics

2.Banjo-kazooie- it has Kazooie :DD

3.Diddy kong racing- The best racing game ever! If you haven't played this you dont know what you're missing!

4.Super smash bros- at first I didn't think that a game where the mario bros knock eachother silly would be a success at all but once I played it I began to like it.

5.Donkey kong 64-The first and only game of my favorite ape.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Don't think I could rate any of my fav N64 games above the other so I'll just say my top 5 in no particular order:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Perfect Dark
Super Smash Bros
Banjo Kazooie
Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64 to everyone outside Europe)

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Only games on Nintendo 64 I played, were Pokémon Snap, Stadium 1, and Stadium 2. I did spend most of the time on Snap, and Stadium 1, and I have good memories about it, even though I do not remember it so well. Pokémon Snap will luckily be made again on Nintendo Switch :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Surprised I never posted here :D

I also played mostly the Pokemon games Comp mentioned. Snap, Stadium 1 and 2 are definitely up there.

I hold Ocarina of Time in high regard since it was the first "3D" game that I saw and I loved it so much! Never actually finished it myself but played a good deal.

And Mario Kart 64 has brought me tons of enjoyment too, so I guess that'll be my number 5 :D

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Used to play N64 all the time at my friends house (which means my games are mostly all gonna be multiplayer.) I'd say my favorite games were:

1. Rush 2 - I'm not surprised if nobody remembers this one, it was just one of many racing games on the console, but we probably played it more than all the other games combined. Very combo-heavy and with a surpisingly advanced physics engine for its time. I remember each of my friends had a signature car, I always ran the taxi. When the N64 became obsolete this was the only game we'd still blow the dust off it to mess around on the stunt map some more.

2. GoldenEye - We played a ton of this as well, probably my earliest first-person shooter. But we completely dropped it after Battlefront I came out for the Xbox so I have far more memories of that game.

3. Super Smash Bros - Full disclosure, I was never a fan of this game, I pretty much just spammed Falcon Punch and got last place every round. But we did play a ton of it.

4. Mario Party - Yeah, like everyone else, we mostly played Nintendo games. I always played Luigi and (like in Smash) very rarely won. But I actually liked this game a lot

5. Star Fox 64 - Despite being singleplayer, we used to always pass the controller around every time someone died or completed a level. Lotta fun memories of this one, we used to think Slippy was a double-agent and intentionally kill him off since he and the villains both wore red caps with a single white letter. This was the first game that after we eventually beat it we looked-up walkthroughs on the internet to go find secrets and defeat the hidden bosses.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
1. Beetle Adventure Racing

You race Volkswagen Beetle Cars and can go off road and discover UFOs and etc. Really fun game. 

2. Paper Mario 64

My first dip in role playing games. Still my favorite Mario Game.

3. Banjo Tooie

Banjo the Bear and Kazooie the bird who lives in Banjo’s backpack return. I loved Witchyworld and the Fire & Ice worlds.

4. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Ah the wilhelm screams of stormtroopers as I blasted them as Dash Rendar, seeing them fall into an abyss.

5. The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time

I was obessed with this game from its released, logging countless hours solving puzzles and slaying foes with the Master Sword.

If I could add a 6th it’d be Jet Force Gemini, Rare’s Proto-Halo game.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

caspyartist

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
in no particular order:

1. Goldeneye

2. Mario Party

3. Banjo Kazooie

4. Conner's Bad Fur Day

5. Pokemon Stadium 2