The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We can also talk about past episodes, perhaps pick an episode every week or every half week to discuss, or pick a character.  

As for the board I've noticed there are certain times of the year the board slows way down for a while.  I'm sure it'll pick up again.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
After watching Battleship, I realized a trend in Hasbro movies.

Please be true!

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
But remember, it MUST have aliens in it. That's Hasbro's agenda, right? If its our movie, there has got to be aliens.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't seen G.I. Joe (and honestly have no desire to), but I know that it didn't have any aliens in it. But as long as it's not directed by Michael Bay, then I'll have no problem with it. XP

I did hear that the new G.I. Joe movie has been delayed to NINE. FREAKING. MONTHS. To convert it to 3D. I'm sure there's a lot of G.I. Joe fans saying this:

Now here's another accurate depiction of Google Searches on the Mane 6.

Have to post link due to usage of the F-Word.

Google-ing Ponies

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm not sure I want a pony movie...
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
But ze doctors say zat a good muvie about Leetle ponies is good for yer health.

Oh, and PS:

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But remember, it MUST have aliens in it. That's Hasbro's agenda, right? If its our movie, there has got to be aliens.

And three hours with explosions and CGI everywhere.

My Little Pony: Special Effects is Magic.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I came up with an unusual take on the polarizing fic The Conversion Bureau.

-------------

Basically it's an action/adventure/thriller that is my own spin on the 'verse. Earth will be near future Earth (current year plus two to six years). Equestria will be depicted as it is in the show but with more modern technology (magitech analogues) some parts will be blatently "crystalpunk" (high tech society analogous to cyberpunk but magic crystals are the key instead of computers).

It starts off with a prologue in the year 2014 with Celestia and Luna discussing their plans for their kingdom. It then soon goes bad when Celestia suggests subjugating and colonizing a newly discovered world ó Earth ó for resources and land. Luna is, understandably horrified and urges her sister to go the diplomatic route. Celestia brushes her off, saying that since that Earth is "an unnatural, wild land" and its inhabitants are "non-magical monkeys", "nopony will miss them". She then adds that since the Equestrians have magic, this gives them the right to subjugate any non-magical beings.

Luna, finding this an affront to her morals, tells Celestia that she will have no part in this. Celestia then has her imprisoned in the castle dungeons. As the guards drag her off, a unicorn scientist comes in with a flask of purple liquid.

The first actual chapter (set in 2017), starts off as a normal TCB fic starring a guy who's quite literally the only Human in a town of 15,000 people. Feeling totally alienated and after receiving news that his two grown children chose ponification and now reside in Equestria, he eventually decides to ponify. However, he considers it equivalent to suicide. But he backs out at the last moment, returns home and decides to blog about it. The next day, he finds a package on his front doorstep addressed to him. Upon carrying the package to his bedroom and opening it, he finds a rolled up parchement with a distinct crescent moon wax seal. When he opens the wax seal, Princess Luna teleports in. He immediately tells her to get lost but, she assures him that she's just here to talk. Princess Luna then reveals that the conversion, lethal magic radiation and expanding barrier was all part of Celestia's plan to conquer Earth.

So he then joins the LRA (Lunar Resistance Army)  in their mission to stop the expansion of Equestria, overthrow Celestia and hopefully open peaceful relations between Equestria and Earth. This man will be one of many in the LRA. He will meet Changlings, Zebras, Griffons, Diamond Dogs, Humans, Newfoals and Ponies (natural-born). They are united by one cause: the overthrow of Celestia and the destruction of the infrastruction responsible for Celestia's plot. They will face many dangers, ranging from hostile civilians to dangerous wildlife to the terrorist group Ponification For Earth's Rebirth (PER). But their most dangerous foe is the Solar Princess herself along with her legions of fanatically devoted troops and her elite cadre ó The Elements of Harmony.

Can this group succeed or will Earth and Humanity be trampled under the iron-shod hooves of Celestia's military?

Titles I came up with:

1.) The Conversion Bureau: Enemy Within
2.) The Conversion Bureau: A Dark In the Light
3.) The Conversion Bureau: The Lunar Resistance Army
4.) The Conversion Bureau: Stand Up For Whatt is Right!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And now, a pony version of the meme that just won't die!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=_Np0Aeh5zpQ

Seriously, how much longer will this meme last?

Oh, and keep an eye on the lyrics.  A little surprise is going to pop-up and you'll miss it if you don't.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, did anyone here think up of a m/f pairing for Scootaloo?  If not, it appears one popped up recently.  The lucky colt?  Featherweight.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/27033/Of-C...nges-and-Kisses

And it all starts with a challenge to "snog" her. (Which basically means kissing on the lips.) With him being such a nervous wreck near her in the story, it's going to be quite the challenge.

In all seriousness, you should check it out.  The author has a good story going so far.

See ya later! :)

EDIT: What will win with this picture?  Cuteness or Laughter?  Here's what Rainbow Dash's Mom made her wear just for tickets to the Wonderbolts.

For me, laughter won, but what about the rest of you? :)

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Livestream going on right now with John De Lancie, Tara Strong, and Lauren Faust:

Bronycon Stream

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Best to have plenty of time open before reading this.  It's a long one.  It comes from GeekMom of Wired who in turn decides to defend bronies as much as possible and end all the controversies surrounding the male academic fanbase of the show we love.

In Defense of Bronies

I'll save it for later.  Like I've said, it's a long one and I wish to give a thoughtful opinion on it.

See ya later! :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Why a male fanbase of a show that's transcended it's target audience even needs defending is a sad statement of society.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Indeed, that shows you what many humans are like.  Still a far ways to go.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, read that faster than I expected.  So, my thoughts?

I very much liked this article.  It was done rather well and had little to no hate being spouted out at the brony community.  I really liked how she handled all of the notions surrounding the community at hand.  All of them were squashed properly and the article left me the feeling that anyone who takes the time to read this, who at one time or another had a rather unthoughtful opinion on the community, will have a completely different and more whole-hearted opinion when they are done reading it.

Also, because of how well done it is, I feel that, with this in hand, I'll be able to properly confess my love for the show to my parents.  I put it off for more than a year because I didn't know how to properly defend my love for it.  Now that I have this to help me, I feel that I am ready for it. (But then again, what do I know what my parents' opinion will be?  My dad is a heterosexual male whose favorite color is pink.)

I'll be properly preparing myself over the next couple of days.  I am going to be spending time with them, along with my grandparents, on Wednesday and I am going to confess everything.

Wish me luck. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile