The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lost in a Forest

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Crap, more cliffhangers.  :lol

Anyways, great chapter! You're a pretty awesome writer and you keep me excited in every chapter. :yes

Sierra's just so evil, isn't he? Trying to kill Devon like that, and speaking of devon...he better not be dead! If he is I'm going to have a spaz.

Update soon! :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Another suspenseful chapter!

Oh no! Devon is still unconscious from the fight with Sierra! I hope he's still alive. He's such a good, young, friendly, kind, and caring blue cearadactylus. I hope he isn't dead!  :cry  :cry

I hope Pterano can still feel Devon's heartbeat. Please don't die, Devon!  :cry  :cry

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
OH MY GOODNESS! IT'S MY 100TH POST!!!! YAAAAYYY!!!!

Any way, here's chapter ten. Warning: it's gonna get very sad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pterano's Sacrifice

...Thump...thump...

Pterano opened his eyes, sighing with great relief. "What do we do now?" Ruby asked. "If we don't stop this monster, he could kill all of us before we reach the Great Valley!"

Littlefoot thought for a moment, trying to come up with an idea. A few seconds pass, and his mind is still blank. He sighed in defeat, hanging his head. For once, he couldn't come up with anything to say except, "I...don't know..."

"I do..." Pterano whispered to himself as he placed the unconscious blue flyer on the ground gently. He placed a sad paw on Devon's forehead before turning to the children. "Chomper, Ruby, you two take care of Devon." The blue sharptooth and the pink fast-runner nodded at Pterano's commandment, rushing to Devon's side. "The rest of you, get on my back. I have an idea."

The children stared at eachother with confused "is he crazy?" looks.

It took all of his strength to do this as he carried the gang except Petrie, who flew beside him on his back.

Pterano landed behind a massive rock pile on a rock platform, over a deep dark cave. "Now here's what I want you to do," Pterano demonstrated. "When the swimming sharptooth reaches the cave, I want you all to push as hard as you can on these boulders and knock them over the cave opening. And after words," the red flyer pointed at two tall hills in the distance. "Do you see those hills?"

"...Yeah," Littlefoot replied, eying Pterano with an unsure look.

"You fallow the path in between those hills and you shall see the Great Valley."

"What about you, Pterano?" Cera asked, her voice in concern.

"I'll be leading him into the cave. I should be able to hold him off long enough...for you to escape."

The children gasped in disbelief. Now this all made sense! Petrie was the first to talk. "But Uncle...he'll kill you!"

"Then I will finally have paid for my mistakes." Pterano replied in a soft voice, sending his nephew a loving smile.

"Stop talking like that!" Littlefoot pleaded, his voice in utter worry. "There has to be another way. We need you!"

"No," Pterano corrected, putting his hand up. "It is I who have always needed you." He smiled at the five. "All of you!" He knelt by the young longneck. "Young Littlefoot, you have been the greatest leader I have ever seen in my life. Better than I will ever be." He chuckled before staring into the longneck's brown eyes, placing a hand on his back. "Your mother would've been so proud of you."

Littlefoot gazed at the older flyer in shock; Pterano was one of the last dinosaurs on earth he would have expected to have known about his mother. But on the other hand, that last remark by Pterano had somehow meant a lot to the young longneck. He didn't know exactly why, but it did. So he told the older flyer the one thing he had told his father several cold times ago. "She'd be proud of you, too...Pterano."

Pterano smiled at him before turning to Ducky and Spike, who stared back at him worriedly. "I'm going to miss you." Without warning, Ducky jumped off Spike's back and hugged the red flyer's neck tightly. Pterano at first was shocked by this, but then he quickly got over it and placed his hands around her waist, holding her protectively against him for a meaningful moment. Spike nuzzled his side gently as Pterano rubbing a hand on his back. The red flyer chuckled softly as he nuzzled the younger spiketail in return.

He placed the young swimmer on Spike's back before turning to the young threehorn. "Cera..."

She sighed sadly as she too gazed up at him. "Well, I'm not gonna lie to ya," she told him. "I'm gonna miss you."

Pterano unexpectedly pulled her into a hug. "I shall miss you too, Cera. Tell your father I said I'm sorry for me, okay?"

"Of course, Pterano." They smiled at eachother before breaking the hug. Pterano turned to his nephew, who was struggling his hardest to keep his tears back. He held out his arm and Petrie perched himself on it.

"There has to be another way!" the younger flyer spoke, finally shedding a tear, but Pterano wiped it away with his claw. "I don't want you to leave."

"Petrie, believe me," the older flyer explained. "I wish there was another way. But it's just the Circle of Life." Petrie shedded more tears, nuzzling his uncle's arm gently. "Petrie, I can not even tell you how much of a true blessing to have you here with me. You have become such a brave adventurer. Your father would be so proud of you...and so am I."

Petrie gazed up at his uncle with great admiration. The last statement by him meant so much to him, he flew up and perched himself on his beak, surprised that he could still fit.

Pterano's smile grew wider as he gently ran a claw up and down his nephew's back. Their tender uncle-to-nephew moment was interrupted when the swimming sharptooth roar loudly, causing Pterano to knock Petrie off his beak by turning it towards the loud roar. Pterano flew on top of the piled rocks, taking a couple small ones in his hand before turning back to the children, who gazed at him with worry and sadness in their eyes. He smiled softly at them, whispering these words for the first ans last time.

"Thanks for setting me free, kids."

Without another word, he dived for the Big Water, pulling up at he last minute and flying full speed at the monster that was SWIMMING STRAIGHT TOWARDS CHOMPER, RUBY AND THE STILL UNCONSCIOUS DEVON!!!!!

For a better shot, Pterano waited until the monster was above the water. He didn't have to wait very long because just when the thought had come to him, the sharptooth jumped out of the water, snapping his jaws at the kids, hoping to get a taste of flesh and bones...

Only to taste a flying rock instead.

"Hey, up here!" Pterano shouted before throwing the rock at the monster's eye. This caused him to turn his head towards the red flyer. "That's right, big guy! Come this way!!!"

The monster dived back into the water as Pterano lead him into the cave. The monster jumped at him, but Pterano dodged by flying higher before continuing to lead him into the cave.

Almost there...he thought, just before he reached the cave. And when he did, he noticed that the monster was right on his tail as he lunged at the red flyer. Pterano, knowing that he was gonna die anyway, braced himself for impact as rocks of all sizes crashed into the Big Water, blocking the cave opening for once and for all.

Silence filled the air. Chomper, Ruby and the now awakened Devon stared in disbelief at the rocks that now trapped the swimming sharptooth and the red flyer. It was so silent, you could hear the quiet "Uncle?" from a long distance away. The five looked down at the Big Water to see if Pterano had made it...

Only to see nothing but rocks, water...and a big pile of blood floating right next to the cave opening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew! What another chapter. How's that for epicness!

Enjoy!
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...D:

WHAT'S GUNNA HAPPEN NOW!?!?!?!

Okay, so now Pterano's going to sacrifice himself for the kids, didn't expect that. Looks as if that plan hasn't really gone accordingly, but it might've now...

Anyways, update soon before I have a spaz! :DD

P.S. Congrats on the post number! :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hooray! Devon's alive...and awake, too!  :D  I'm so GLAD he's ok.  :)

But... now Pterano could be dead. :cry  Now THAT was quite a sacrifice.  Pterano is SO BRAVE!! I think he killed the swimming sharptooth. I hope he made it through. I hope he wasn't crushed to death by the rocks!!! :unsure:  :cry

I hope he made it through.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This came out of left field for me. I wouldn't have even expected Pterano to sacrifice himself like that :confused .

He really is a changed flyer :cry .
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
:anger I HATE THE NEW FIREFOX!!!! IT TOOK AWAY MY CHAPTER THAT I WAS WORKING ON TO POST!!! AND NOW IT TOOK IT!!!!! I'M SO F&*@#$% MAD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! AND NOW I HAVE TO TYPE IT AGAIN!!!

sorry. But I just had to post that. any way, onto chappie eleven. Again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Loving Memory

The rest of the after noon was spent grieving for the diseased flyer. Most noticeably and emotionally, Petrie and Devon. For Devon, Pterano was the by far greatest father a son would ever ask for. He was kind and caring and understanding while his mean old father was everything but. He couldn't believe that he was gone forever from his life.

Same goes for Petrie. Pterano may have done alot of bad stuff in the stuff in the past, but he was still his uncle. And he knew what the word family means, no one gets left behind. No matter what they've done. And besides, after going after the so-called "Stone of Cold Fire," Petrie could tell by his uncle's eyes that he was sorry for what he had done. Not only that, but he could also tell that Pterano had changed majorly since his banishment.

Joe had also returned after hearing a loud scream for help in the trees. He came too late, but just in time to see what Pterano had done. He and everybody else stood on the beach as the full moon gleamed on them in silence.

"Tonight," Joe announced in his usual booming voice. "We bow our heads in deep respect for the loss of one of the bravest flyers I had ever seen in my day." He picked up his Night Flower that he had by his side and tossed it into the water. "We'll miss you, Pterano. Hope you have a great journey."

And so, every one paid their respects and said their goodbyes.

"Rest in peace, Pterano. Petrie was right about you. You have changed!"

"I never thought I'd say this but, you were a good flyer. Always have been. You just couldn't see it before...and neither could I."

"Thanks Petrie's Uncle. Had it not been for you, we'd all be dead right now. Yep, yep, yep."

"Thanks for the stories, Pterano. They were great!"

"Yeah, what Chomper said. Thank you, Pterano. I'll miss you."

Petrie was the next to approach the Big Water, holding a Night Flower in his hand, just like everyone else. A tear fell from his eye. "I love you, Uncle." He tossed it into the Big Water. "I'll never forget you."

Devon was the next one to approach the Big Water, except he didn't have a Night Flower like every body else did, but a giant treestar full of them and tree sweets. "Pterano, not only have you've been a good friend, but you have been the greatest father I would ever ask for. So I made ya this casket. I was gonna give it to ya when we reach the Great Valley. But since you...passed on, I'd just thought I'd give ya this now." He tossed the casket into the Big Water, watching tearfully as it floated into the open. "I'll miss you, old flyer. Good journey..."

Every one was now curled up in a fetal position, sound asleep.

Every one...except for a certain little flyer.

Petrie sat by the Big Water, watching the stars. He desperately wished this was all just a sleep story, like he could wake up and his uncle would be there by his side, smiling down at him the way a father would smile down at his son. And then they would embrace and he would feel that heartbeat of Pterano's that always calmed him down. After that, they would spend the whole day together, having little races of their own, fishing or just telling stories to his siblings, whatever it was that would make their bond even stronger. He sighed, letting more tears fall from his cheeks. Gosh, he missed his uncle so much.

"Petrie?"

His eyes widened in surprise, thinking it was his uncle that had called his name. He was so disappointed to find out that it wasn't. "Hey Devon."

The blue flyer sat by him, placing a hand on his shoulder for comfort. "I know how you feel..."

"Poor Uncle, he never got to see the Great Valley again." Petrie sniffed, wiping and incoming tear.

Devon looked at him firmly. "Hey, look at me." Petrie did what he was told. "Do you honestly think that the Great Valley made him happy?" He almost slapped himself. Gee, what a wonderful way to put it! he scolded himself. Get a grip, moron! "Well of course it could've made him happy, but nothing could have made him happier than spending his last few weeks with his nephew." he chuckled a little. "In fact, I have never seen him so happy."

"You think so?" Petrie gazed up at the blue flyer with hope.

"I know so. Did you see how happy he looked when he called you his son?" Petrie had suddenly remembered the brief conversation he and Pterano had that stormy morning. "He missed you very much, ya know." Devon continued.

"He did?"

"Of course! He was practically talking about you all the time! Even I couldn't get him to shut up about you." Devon sighed sadly. "He was a good old flyer, wasn't he?"

"He was. Petrie replied, also sighing sadly. He remembered what he had said about his uncle to his friends several cold times ago. "He act bad, but he still good. Some place inside."

Devon yawned, stretching his arms out. "We'll I'm hittin the hay. He returned to his resting place. "Goodnight, kiddo."

"Night, Devon," Petrie returned, before gazing up at the Night Circle. But the strange thing is, the Night Circle seemed alot brighter now and seemed to have some kind of halo around it. He smiled, for he somehow knew that somewhere up there, his uncle was smiling back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww! Reminds me of the Lion King! I feel so much better now.

RIP, Pterano...a Very Important Creature indeed.  :cry

Enjoy!
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wha...you mean-he really is- Pterano's dead?

NOOO!!!!!!!!! *dramatic music plays in background*

Oh, I'm crying right now, like I'm not even kidding, I can feel the tears leaking out of my eyes at the thought... :cry And let me tell you, my friend, it takes quite a lot to make me cry in a story and you...did just that. *pats on back* Nice work.

As was said before, R.I.P Pterano, a very imprtant creature... :cry

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm crying a flood of tears, here! Pterano's dead?!?!? NOOO!

I loved Petrie and Devon talking to each other in the end, though. That made me feel a little better. But, still, what a VERY sad and tragic chapter.

:cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  R.I.P. Pterano. You were a VERY important creature, and a very brave and courageous flyer. *sniff* *sob*  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I suggest you work on your chapters in notepad or something similar, and then paste them into firefox. It's what I do, so I still have the original if something blows up in my face.

About Pterano...I can't think of what to say :cry  Like I said last time, he really is a changed flyer!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Yes, that's the end of the story folks...

........ :lol JUST KIDDING!!!! :lol

Boy are you in for one heck of a surprise in this chapter!  :lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to the Great Valley

The next day, the Children were already on their way to the Great Valley. They said their goodbyes to Joe, who had to get back to his family. Devon promised to guide them through the Mysterious Beyond until they reached the two hills Pterano had mentioned.

There, the children and Devon said they’re goodbyes and thank yous and wished eachother good luck. Devon headed back to his herd that had already left the Mysterious Beyond but couldn’t have gone far. And just as Pterano had said, the path to the Great Valley was there in front of them. So Littlefoot and his friends headed through the trees that the path led to and they reached the Great Valley.

The grown ups were having a meeting, plotting to after the kids after so long. But the children arrived just in time for the meeting to end. So they were welcomed with open arms and emotional happiness by their parents.

The children hugged and nuzzled their parents as the day passed quickly. The children told their parents about how they were helping Pterano with his wounds and Pterano paid back his dept by telling those stories of his. “And speaking of Pterano,” Grandpa spoke. “His banishment is over. Shouldn’t he be here by now?”

“Maybe he is flying here right now.” Grandma Longneck suggested.

That made the children hang their heads in grief. To be honest, they wished Pterano was on his way to the Great Valley. But they knew that was impossible. Tory noticed this as she flew next to Littlefoot Petrie, who was on his head in concern. “What’s wrong?”

“Pterano...he…” Littlefoot sighed. “He sacrificed himself to save us.” He let a tear fall from his cheek. The grown ups gasped in shock. Pterano sacrificing himself to save the kids was something they would never expect in a million years. Tory placed a hand on Littlefoot’s shoulder. “Are you sure about this?”

Petrie couldn’t take it any longer as the pressure at the thought that his uncle was dead had gone up too high. He flew into his mother’s arms, sobbing uncontrollably against her neck. “He’s gone, Mama!”

Tory just didn’t know what to say as silence filled the air, except for Petrie crying of course. Pterano may have done a lot of bad stuff in his past, but he was still her brother. She just couldn’t believe that the flyer she grew up with was gone forever from her life. They all bowed their heads in respect for their once enemy.

Surprisingly enough, Mr. Threehorn was the first to speak. “Well, as much as I completely hated Pterano,” he spoke softly to the shock to the entire Great Valley. “He did save my daughter. Pterano, if you can hear me, I just wanted you to know that you have my deepest thanks for what you have done.”

“Thank you, Mr. Threehorn.”

This caused everyone to bring their heads up and look into the trees. A familiar crested flyer figure stood before them in the shadows, holding a stick in hand for balance and with a smile on his face.

Petrie broke out of his mother’s embrace to take a closer look. “Uncle?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it's a short chapter, maybe even shorter than chapter three. But, hey, a short chapter is better than no chapter at all! Am I right?

It's just how the rock rolls.  :lol

Enjoy.  :smile

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And your not telling us if that's Pterano or not? How evil of you. :anger

Just kidding. I'm at the edge of my seat right now :DD  I really do hope it's Pterano, but it'd be equally as epic if it was Sierra out for more revenge! I'll just wait and see.

And if you didn't read my sig, I'm posting the first part of the Pterano story of my fanfic tomorrow, hope you like it!  :)
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oo..nice chappie.

Like vonboy said, I really hope it's Pterano, but it'd be pretty darn epic if it were Sierra. Anyways though, update soon!

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I really hope it's Pterano! It can't be Sierra. He doesn't have a crest, remember.

I, too, am on the edge of my seat.  :) Please, let it be Pterano! I hope it's him!  :D  :DD

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Oh! That whole Sierra returning thing was my fault. I forgot to add in an extra detail.  :lol

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As promised, here's the review! I really can't say enough about the scenes between Devon and Pterano. You really did a fantastic job with the emotions, and you really remind me of the stuff I like to read. This IS basically what I like to read. XD

This has been a heartwarming, glowing story, yet filled at the same time with lots of good suspense and action. I mean I'll say it again... you remind me a lot of some of my favorite authors.  :smile

Well I guess I'm gonna have to live in suspense now until we find out who that flyer with the stick is. :p

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hi everybody! I have reached my goal! Five chapters in five days! Whew! What a week!

Here's chapter thirteen every body

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise Return

“Uncle?”

The flyer figure limped into view, using his stick for support. “Hello Petrie,” the flyer panted, clutching to his stick. “Well,” he panted again. “That…wasn’t so bad…” Turned out, this flyer turned out to be none other than…

Petrie couldn’t take it anymore. “UNCLE PTERANO!!!!!” He shouted happily as he threw himself on Pterano’s chest, bawling as his sensitive hearing picked up the red flyer’s heartbeat. Pterano staggered back but he regained his balance as he wrapped his arms around his nephew, holding him tightly. “Oh, Uncle! I thought you were dead and I would never see you again!”

“It’s okay, Petrie. I’m right here,” he kissed the top of Petrie’s head gently as he stated in that soft British accent that Petrie missed dearly. “That’ll never happen again, I promise.” Petrie just scooted closer to his uncle’s warmth for a meaningful moment, just enjoying the sound of his heartbeat.

Littlefoot was the first to speak. “So how did you get here?” he asked curiously.

“I flew,” Pterano simply replied as Petrie flew up and perched on the red flyer’s shoulder. “It wasn’t easy, but I made it through,” Pterano smiled as his nephew, who returned the smile right after. “I had a hard time landing with this broken leg,” he pointed to the treestar covering the bloody wound on his leg.

“So how you escape?” Petrie asked.

“Well,” Pterano sighed. “Let’s just say that if it wasn’t for you kids, that old sharptooth could have swallowed me whole.” The kids gasped as Petrie nuzzled him gently. “Thanks kids.” The red flyer smiled gratefully.

“Well, Pterano,” Grandpa Longneck spoke, interrupting their little “love fest”. “Your banishment is over. You may now live in the Great Valley.” Pterano and Petrie just smiled at eachother again as the rest of the gang cheered. “However, this is the only second chance you’ll get. So use it wisely.”

“I will,” the red flyer promised, smiling at the older longneck. He then stared at the ground for a moment, suddenly realizing that he needed to get something off his chest. “Mr. Longneck, I myself have something to say.”

“Oh, and what is that, Pterano?”

“I…”he took a deep breath. “I just wanted to let you all know that I’m sorry for the way I’ve acted.” This shocked the entire valley. Pterano? The most wanted criminal in the Great Valley was…apologizing to them? But then again, he wasn’t much of a criminal anymore so…

Mr. Threehorn was the first to speak. “You better be sorry, you little runt!” he growled, about getting into a fighting stance.

Tria glared angrily at him, slapping him with her tail, sending pain to his hind leg. “Let him finish!”

Pterano glared at him before turning back to the valley. “As I was saying,” he continued. “I thought long and hard about what you have told me, and you’re right. I should’ve taken the blame that night, but I didn’t. I wouldn’t blame you if you had Mr. Threehorn here chase me out of the valley.” He hung his head in shame as those harsh memories began to take over.

Grandma and Grandpa Longneck stared at eachother before male longneck lowered his neck until he was at eye level with Pterano, his eyes soft. “Pterano, you’re a good flyer. You always have been. You proved that when you saved Ducky from certain death and mention the way you risked your life to save these young children. I find that very brave and noble of you.”

Pterano looked back at Littlefoot as the young longneck smiled back at him. He just smiled in return before turning back to the older longneck. “Thank you, Mr. Longneck.”

The older longneck stretched his neck back into the sky. “Well now, Pterano, Mr. Thicknose will take care of your ankle while the rest of the Valley Council and I will discuss your return.”

The red flyer nodded, smiling and for once, he kind of admired the older longneck. He now knew where Littlefoot got his boldness from.

And so, Pterano went with Mr. Thicknose as the round-nosed dinosaur carefully checked his leg. He said that it was “just fine”. Pterano just needed to rest his ankle for a little while.

As for Pterano, just like Grandpa Longneck had said before, he was allowed to live in the Great Valley again as he reunited with the rest of his nephews and nieces. He found his own cave in the mountains in which he’d like to call, “a nice place to live.”

The next few weeks, when Pterano’s ankle was almost healed up, Devon found his way to the Great Valley and decided to live there. But little did he know that on the same day he did, he was in for a big surprise.

He was talking with the Great Valley Council about his decision when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Of course, he can be such a “scaredy egg” sometimes, he jumped in fright at the impact. Then he whirled around to see that it was none other than his dearest friend that he thought of as a father, whom he thought was dead. He leapt into Pterano’s arms joyfully as they were reunited once again. Since Devon had plans about moving here, Pterano invited him to move in with him in his new cave. Boy, you should have seen Devon’s reaction.

“Oh would I ever!” the blue flyer shouted as he threw himself into Pterano’s arms once again. “I’d love to! I’d love to!! I’D LOVE TOO!!!”

Pterano chuckled as he held the blue flyer that was like a son to him. “Grand! Welcome to your new home, my son.” And so they broke the big emotional hug and spreaded their wings before taking off into the sunset.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! One more chapter to go! And I'm proud of that, and yet sad about that because I had fun writing this!

Hope you enjoy.

hehe, notice how I said "Hope you enjoy" instead of simply "Enjoy."
 :lol

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, nice chapter.

Thank goodness it wasn't Sierra, wouldn't that just ruin the moment, but it would still be epic. :p

Heh heh, loved that little "walking (er...flying) into the sunset moment between Devon and Pterano. How sweet. Oh, I forgot to read this, one more chapter to go, eh? Hm...it was nice while it lasted anyways, this has been a great story. :yes

Anyways, nice chapter and update soon!

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just one more chapter, eh? I'm kind of sad to see it end too. It has been a great story. Like Pterano said, it's been a great mix of emotion and action.

I'm a little surprised that really Mr.Threehorn was the only one that still didn't really want him back. Maybe it was how he had just saved the kids again, and how he kind of limped into the scene and whatnot.

Nice about the Great Valley Council :lol:  I don't know if that was ever actually in canon LBT, but it sounds like it would have been.

Crazy how you did one a day five days in a row :blink:  It's good to see that you've still kept them up in quality. It doesn't look like you just rush them out or anything. Is the final chapter gonna be soon, or are you gonna take a little rest from writing first?
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm so happy that Pterano's alive and ok! And he's back in the great valley. I was so happy when Petrie cried tears of joy, hugged Pterano, and listened to his heartbeat.

I was so happy that Devon's back with him, and he and Pterano are going to live together in Pterano's new cave near the valley! I'm so happy for Devon. That's so tender and heartwarming!  :D

I'm also happy that Pterano's broken leg healed up, too. :)

Chapter 13 was so tender and heartwarming. I LOVED IT!!!  :DD

One more chapter to go? ok. I look forward to reading the end of your WONDERFUL, suspenseful, heartwarming, action-filled story, "Lost In A Forest".  This is the best flyer story i've ever read!  :smile