The Gang of Five
Hello everyone!

For the month of April we have a new character showcase.  Please come say hello to Archie!  He came out of his cave, just for this!  The character showcase topic for this month can be found here.

We also have an exciting upgrade for the forum this month!  You can read more about that here.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5191 · 140066

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Ikusis VII)

Rainbow was located on Ikusis VII, a heavy industrial planetoid that manufactured all sorts of goods for Polaris. Metal rich lava oozed from small volcanic vents, providing a handy source of power and valuable metals to the many factories that dotted the planetoid.

The living F-22 had been stored inside a warehouse that held numerous vehicles in various states of repair, hoping that they'd mask her from sensor readings. Of course, unlike the other vehicles, she was firmly secured to steel anchors set deeply into concrete and rock by massive steel cables wrapped around her landing gear. Her fuel had also been drained and all her ammunition removed. Of course, her emergency transponder had also been removed...by cutting into her airframe. This left a sizable patch of grey, bare composite material on her back where they removed the transponder.

There was the sound of the doors opening. Several men with rocket launchers stood by ready to fire while a nattily dressed but unarmed man entered.

"What do you motherf---ers want?" the living F-22 snapped.

"It's time for the show." The unarmed man was surprisingly chipper about it.

"Go stick your head up my afterburners. I'm done performing for your sick entertainment."

"Oh, don't be like that, girl. You're the star of the show!" The man's tone was similar to one that would be used with recalcitrant performing animal. He held a remote in his hand.

The living F-22 turned her baleful gaze upon the man. Even unarmed and shackled, the sheer size of the plane made the glare quite impactful. "Do you not understand 'no' or is your head too far up your ass to hear me?"

The man with the remote scowled. "I didn't give you a choice." He pressed a button on the remote to undo the shackles of the living F-22. Another button apparently knocked out the living F-22 as armored shutters closed over her eyes and she became still. "Good girl," he said, petting the now suddenly docile living machine's flank.

------------------------------------------

(Space formerly occupied by the Dreadzone)

"Will do. Zanasiu out." He leaned back with a bag containing what little booty could be swiped from the station before it crashed into the moon. The ODIN trooper was piloting the small shuttle back to the Spire. He opened the bag and looked inside. Two nearly identical USB drives. Both of them had timestamps on them, which suggested they may be security or arena camera footage.

------------------------------------------

(Cuorola)

The arena at Cuorola had finally been taken and all opposition neutralized. It was a vicious, long battle that cost the lives of over fifty Spirarian soldiers...no thanks to the gladiators who were all too willing to attack the soldiers simply for one last taste of unfettered combat and Vox's surprisingly well-trained and well-equipped guards. Blue and red lights played over the parking lot as law enforcement from wherever they could be summoned had arrived to arrest all the staff, take all the macabre trophies as evidence (and repatriate them so they could be properly and respectfully disposed of).

The commander sighed as they took of their helmet and breathed in the air. The once luxurious arena was now more or less fit only for demolition as the fancy decorations and carpeting had been torn apart by weapons fire. Scorch marks, bullet holes and flat out missing chunks marred the fancy walls. They ignored some of their own soldiers helping themselves to the few valuables that escaped damage. "Captain Carson, the arena at Cuorola is now under our control. Local PD has taken all staff into custody and is removing evidence. Request permission for railgun bombardment."

Several seconds later, Captain Carson replied. "Request acknowledged. Send location and coordinates on planet when bombardment is required. Return to the Spire. A medical team will be on standby. Over."

"Acknowledged. Out." The commander then turned to the other soldiers "All right, we're leaving this iceball behind! Take anything you want as a trophy of our liberation and head back to the shuttles! Move it!"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
as ratchet flew arounddreadzone headeing towards the next planet an connection request pooped up on his screen. ' 3371-Alpha, this is Rivet. do you read me?" " I read you Rivet" ratchet replied then gasped as they image of a bluefemale  lombax appeared on the screen. ""You're a lombax."Ratchet started yeah, we're pretty rare in your galaxy, or so I've read' Rivet chuckled. ' Anyway, i'm coming to lend a hand with this Chong business. Bounty on him is  now 100 Trillion bolts, posted by some wizard guy.. dead or alive doesnt matter. i had to re-read the notice about 10 times to make sure that amount was real. "" we could always use more hekllp, Chong';s as slimy as the eelians of squida 8' Ratchet said. " i'm ratchet. and thats Clank. i have another Lombax working with me...' Angela Cross, I know. the only 2 Lombaxes in the entire galaxy. i dont want to know the Odds of you two running into each .  Suffice to say.. they;re extremely low. Anyway, look for my signature  Beta 3578C Rivet said. Rivet out." ratcht looked at Clank atas the screen went dark. " She cant be from our dumensuion, can she?' " Most unlikely, then again our diuimnsion is a very large place.' Clank said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)

To say that Pottermore was in a state of disarray would be putting it mildly. The Wizengamot had convened an emergency meeting due to the sudden spike of aurors, obliviators and even hit wizards being killed in action.

"All rise for Chief Witch Bryony Alder."

The aforementioned politician, a young woman with black hair and light skin entered. Instead of wearing the traditional pointed hat, she opted for the more modern shawl and cloak combination. She then cleared her throat. "You all maybe seated," he said. "Now then, the Wizengamot normally does not convene every time a member of magical law enforcement dies. However, this is an exception as there has been a disturbing uptick of deaths and assaults on members of magical law enforcement. Furthermore, whoever is doing this shows utter disregard for the Statute of Secrecy as witnesses have reported them performing magic in plain sight of Muggles. Prime Minister Fudge has already been notified and he will be joining us shortly."

Murmurs filled the room as the gathered wizards and witches speculated on the new threat. Most speculated that it was either the return of "You-Know-Who" or a new dark wizard. A few possibly even considered that Carlotta Pinkstone, the witch famous (or infamous) for her anti-Statue of Secrecy campaign had either recruited more violent anti-Statute followers or had become one herself, seeing as her previous acts of civil disobedience didn't seem to be getting anywhere.

----------------------------------------------

(Spire of Winter

The shuttlecraft entered the landing bay where the ship's medical team was on standby. With smoothness and precision the product of long hours of training, they swiftly ferried the wounded and the dead to the medical bay. The surviving soldiers unloaded the goods that they had taken from the stadium and hauled them off to the ship's treasury.

Captain Carson was not present as she was guiding the ship towards Cuorola.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Fudge soon walked into the room, carrying a briefcase and a file given to him by his security detail. " He took a seat and sighed " This situation is getting out of hand. Half of the Oblivatior team is missing, and the number of missing witches and wizards now stand at 130. 130, at minimum." He looked around at the other gathered wizards and witches." Does anyone have any suggestions?"

Nick had taken flight, the magical powers of his dragon form protecting him from the cold of space . A large collection of asteroids caught his eye and he made his way to it. As he approached, he caught sight of an abandoned ship floating in the asteroid field, and he recognized the ship immediately- it was the Phoenix " So Chong didn't need it anymore, so he tried to destroy it." Nick glowered as he reached the ship. Impacts from asteroids were evident, and Nick reached a hangar Bay and flew inside. Lights flickered on and off, and debris was everywhere. Nick drew Saba from his side and held it aloft as he walked along the hallway.
Kovu was given a large lunch to eat, and the freedom to pick what he wanted to eat. Fries, burgers, shakes and steak were all piled on his plate
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)

Chief Witch Alder looked around the room and spoke. "So far from what our sources from the Department of Magical Law Enforcement have told us, they can safely say that is not the work of Pureblood extremists or the Death Eaters. While most of the dead appear to have been killed by spells, there are quite a number who have been injured or killed by guns. I fear that Carlotta Pinkstone may have taken her anti-Statute campaign to more violent levels."

An older wizard visibly paled. "You mean to say that Muggles may be collaborating with this new magic user?"

Chief Witch Alder scowled. "I did not say that. All I said is that some of the victims have been killed by non-magical means. Right now, I recommend we find Carlotta and interrogate her...under Veritaserum. Furthermore, I suggest we monitor anti-Statute of Secrecy groups."

---------------------

(Ikusis VII)

Thanks to the modifications that Vox's crew had done to her avionics, Rainbow was only partially in control of her own body. The living F-22 was allowed to turn her weapons on her competitors but she was physically unable to do the same to Vox or any of his lackeys; if she tried, the modifications would block her weapons from firing. Same if she tried to escape the arena; her control surfaces and thrust vectoring capabilities would be moved so she would be forced out of her path.

Needless to say, the battle that was set up was between Sly Cooper and Rainbow. Machine vs living being. Stealth vs stealth.

Despite the choking atmosphere of ash and corrosive gases, the crowd was perfectly ensconced inside the controlled atmospheres of their ships. It would be contestants who would have to suffer the heat and deadly atmosphere.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:28:21 AM by Serris »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sly was thrown into the arena, having only just recent been untied by Mertavius. all the green wizard had given him to fight with  was his cane and a single blaster. ' better not miss ' mertavius had said before vanishing. .  sly was stiff and his injuries from the beating  Mertavius had given him were evident. he would be much slower than he normally was, granted the restraints placed on rainbow meant she was far from 100% herself, but still he was facing an armed plane with lethal firepower while weak and injured ' surely you can see that I am in no condition to fight " sly protested to Vox.' ' we dont care how many broken bones you have or whether you're missing a finger or two. what matters to us is, the fighting. " retorted a guard. ' but your own rules stipulate that prisoners must be in a physical state that they can reasonably fight!" look furball, that wizard of yours is on his way, and we want to see if you can hold out until he gets here. considering the fact thats hes destroyed some of the best fighters in dreadzone with ease., getting you two to stop fighting should be a cakewalk. afterall, you both work for him, right? "the guard sneered. ' ' best get ready, the fight starts in 10 minutes 'he pressed a button and a countdown began  on a huge screen on the battlefield, " if i get out of this, I'm never mocking carmelita;s shooting with her pistol ever again.' sly grumbled.
 (Other side of Ikusus VII)
 stripetail magicked onto a flat plain, and upon  appearing a countdown appeared in the sky. ' ' this time, I decided to do things a bit differently".  Mertavius said appearing on a rock above Stripetail. " Simply leaving prisoners in a ship tethered to a deadline has been too easy for you.  this time, your friends are forced to fight each other in the arena. What vox doesnt know is I've placed a magical explosive  in one of the cameras timed to go off 1 minute and 10 seconds after the fight begins. the explosion will ignite the surrounding gasses and heat up the atmosphere many times over. i calculate that the temperature will rise to at least 100000 degrees, (and likely much higher than that) which will turn your racoon friend to ash in an instant and reduce your living plane to useless junk within a couple seconds.  she can fly, but she;s been so tampered with she cant fly out of the arena, which would be the only way to escape the fireball. the explosion likely will kill everyone watching the fight too, come to think of it. ah, what's a few thousand mortal lives snuffed out?" the countdown, set at 11 minutes and 10 seconds began ticking down. ' Better hurry wizard' Mertavius smirked, and vanished. stripetail summoned his glider and began racing off across the plane at a very high rate of speed. he would need to go at least 2000 miles an hour to reach the arena in time.

- Vuashu and sima had brought foods and drink as ' offerings of thanksgiving' to the shrine ' thank you great ozai, for helping to save Kovu" they intoned as they bowed.  the if the shrine glowed black, ozai was not pleased. if it glowed blue he was not present , if it glowed green he was pleased, and if it glowed pink , he was ecstatic. ' the shrine glowed gleen a sign at the master of mawashii was aware of the situation, and pleased at Kovu's rescue. the offerings vanished and the two  worshippers were surprised to see what replace it ' a promotion for both of you  is in order, a rise in rank, in your faiths.' came a voice from the shrine.  each sect had 7 ranks , both Sima And vushu were of the lowest rank in the sects ( Tower for vushu, Underking for Sima) , well until now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 06:00:36 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"How did it go in there?" Kiara smiled as Vushu and Sima stepped out of the Mawashiian shrine. "I can tell you two look really pleased with how it went."

"Hey darling," Kitty purred to Tiger, rubbing his stomach. "How about we go hang with your friends for once? I go out with my own so many times, it's only fair you get some stuff you like as well."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
definitely ' tiger chuckled. ' a meal and something for my new routine with the Indian mice.. they think i'm a god so..' he pulled out a piece of paper.' I'm actually doing the paperwork for it.,.' he chuckled. ' they approached the shrine as Sima and Vushu were leaving now wearing their new robes. 'Excuse me ladies' tiger said," but as followers of Ozai what would you say is necessary for divinity?' The pantheress and lioness looked at each other then at Tiger " Tiger , a god must manifest great power, and protect his followers.  We follow different aspects of Ozai, i follow his aspect of lord of the underworld, while Vushu is.. more concerned with his intellect. how many .. followers do you have?"Sima said .  i'm not sure.. maybe 200?' 200 thousand, well thats a pretty small number but its not nothing." no, no, not 200 thousand' Tiger laughed. " 200, total, ' and I'm applying to e recognized as a god.'Vushu sighed." the difference Tiger is that ozai has already been around for several thousand years and has tens of  millions of followers. you've got 200... I guess thats enouygh if they all believe in you and give you offerings. . " vushu said as tarrax approached his huge form towering over the others ' Excuse me ladies. come with me Tiger the cat. I wish to talk to you." the enormous dragon said, motioning with a claw. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:31:58 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tiger followed the massive dragon,  gulping audibly. . " i.. want to help the mice that consider me a god. protect them, have some fun with some abilities. " tiger said. ' like.. calming the weather or something. ' ' Tarrax lead Tiger out to a bare field, then had him stand in a circle ' ' first- a  demonstration. show me your abilities.  i'll even be a bit sporting ' tarrax gestured and in a flash of the tribe of mice that considered Tiger a god were gathered on a surrounding circle., and they bowed in Tigers presence. ' W-what do you want me to do/' Tiger asked as Kitty approached and took a seat. ' Anything. create a apple pie , or a pumpkin, or a pile of corn. anything associated with the harvest. You ARE a god of harvest after all. " Tarrax said, ok. ok. Apple pie' Tiger proclaimed... and nothing happened. ' Apple pie!" he repeated.. and still nothing. Apple pie! pumpkin pie! Grape pie!' he intoned.. and still nothing. tiger looked over at tarrax whose face had not changed. 'make they pray to you' Tarrax said. ' my dear mice, Pray to me so i can create .. a feast." One by one the mice prayed, and Tiger commanded again for am apple pie.. and still.. nothing..' usually something happens by now.' kitty said ' it has whenever he tries this in the past .' Perhaps it is simply a matter of trying too hard. '' Tarrax mused. ' relax, Tiger" kitty ' called out.  ' picture something positive.. like.. your wooing of me..' you didnt give up !' Finally, tigers paws began to glow and he created a large apple pie brimming with apple slices. , tiger sank to his knees. ' t-there' he panted.  " i finally did something." " Give me your application>' Tarrax said. " you're going to destroy it.." Tiger figured. "  no. theres a minor Gods division on the council. minor gods get approved much more easily than major gods. Now let me be clear, that doesnt mean you'll be okayed' Tarrax said. " Most arent, in fact. I know, because I'm a council member myself.' He said.  Tiger smiled and handed over the application. ' when will i get a response?' tiger asked. " It depends on the number of applications.' Tarrax said. Remember we get applications from across the omniverse. Every planet wants their divinities and gods recognized , no matter how small."" why dont we celebrate with a pizza?' kitty said as tarrax flew off. " make it a stuffed crust cheese ' Tiger said  the pair walked back towards the town.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:24:31 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Ikusis IV)

Sly also had a variety of weapons available to him. They were just hidden throughout the arena and he had to get them before Rainbow got him with her ordnance.

As Rainbow was moved out onto the runway by an aircraft tug, she pondered how to handle this situation. The living F-22 needed to give a convincing performance or else the crowd or her "owner" could decide to spice things up with some unwanted antiaircraft fire...or worse. At the same time, she was aware that Sly was a member of Stripetail's group and that her weapons could very easily kill him...even with a "near miss".

The "owner" of the living F-22 rubbed her flank and spoke. "Come on girl, show them what you're made of!"

Call me "girl" one more time and I'll launch one of my anti-tank missiles up your ass, Rainbow thought.

It was then the announcer spoke. "Folks, one minute remaining until the battle starts!" A timer projected in the smoggy sky showed a live countdown. The crowd cheered in anticipation. Indeed, several of them held up banners supporting their preferred fighter -- Rainbow or Sly. Indeed, one could be forgiven that what was about to transpire was a friendly sporting instead of a lethal battle to the death between two enslaved beings.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:29:13 PM by Serris »

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kovu was sitting down, surprised at the quality of the hospital food. "They really went all out," the dark lion said between bites, "I have to commend their service." As he ate, he heard his beloved's voice. "Hey Kiara," Kovu waved, "Back so soon, I like that about you."

Carmelita decided to look over the latest Interpol case files. "So many new incidents since I was held captive," she growled, "I'll have to work overtime to bring all these freaks to justice," she said to Neyla.

She went over to Stripetail. "Can I be a part of the next rescue squadron?" requested the inspector.

"You know Tiger," Kitty smiled as they went to get their pizza. "As a god, you could probably demand offerings and even sacrifices from your followers," she said. "So you could fill your belly any way you'd like."