The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask the Characters

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awe: I'd probably get something that'd give me optical camoflauge.

Flora, have you had any other music videos you didn't like making?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora: Oh my god, for "Dance All Night" we hired a costar named Bolton De la Cruz, and he was the worst actor on the planet. So full of himself, you couldn't disagree with him and he kept insisting on making me redo all the shots, even ones he wasn't in. So later Bailey tells me Bolton wants to fire me from my own music video and replace me with a stunt double! We couldn't even downsize him because of contract bullshit. The final video turned out okay, admittedly, but god it was the worst experience filming it.

"Foxholes" was terrible too. It was a war story; I get conscripted, go fight with the Royal Expeditionary Force, witness atrocities, and my fur grows lighter until it's completely gray because I have PTSD or something. But we filmed it in the Quebec wetlands for realism, and you have no idea how cold those goddamn swamps get. Not to mention I had to get rebleached a new shade multiple times a day since we didn't film the scenes in order...and the song ended up tanking anyway because it wasn't pop enough!

And finally, there's my most embarrassing business decision...see, my whole career there's been this ongoing rumor that I'm an Augment, just because my fur's fuchsia and I'm a folf. It's caused me a lot of grief, so I channeled that anger into a song called "Phenolphthalein". Fee-no-thay-leen is this chemical that turns pink when exposed to acid, so I was trying to make a metaphor for myself facing the hatedom, I guess? I don't know. But then my label makes me do a music video where I'm made of all these robotic body parts, which they thought was poking fun at the rumors, but I said it goes completely against the point of the song, you know? But nobody listened to me. And what do you know? All the video did was give exposure to the rumors and they reached a whole new level that's never gone away. God, I wish I'd never written that song...

---------------------

Marita, if you had to sacrifice one member of the team so the rest could live, who would you pick?

Awe and Werner: Which of you would win in a fair fight?

Tony, if you had your pick of any person in the party you could settle down (and let's say you had to choose), whom would it be and why?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:59:06 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony: Nope, no augments I lack and none I desire. I prefer being natural, and I've managed just fine up to this point.

Tony: Uh... damn... if I had to choose? Well... Lily's out. She' too psycho/full of herself to make a good match... and unpredictable plus sociopathic. Not tendencies I'd look for in a mate. Marie and Rose I don't really know enough about, despite having adventured with them before. Marita is OK, but I'm not really sure she's my type. It's nice she appreciates my cars but really... techy stuff is usually way over my head, unless you're talking about a gas burning car engine. Uh... Flora... is too young. Too rambunctious. Anne well... I used to be into but... she seems kind of uh... I dunno distant now? I haven't spoken with her seriously in quite some time so... maybe worth pursuing again but... I just honestly don't have relevant information on her at present. I almost forgot she existed in fact when I was running through this list in my head.

And that leaves if I'm thinking correctly, Emilena. Recently, she's shown a different side to herself... cooperative, softer, nowhere near as harsh as she used to be. Sure, she's still all business when it comes down to it, but there's other things I wasn't aware of before. She can actually loosen up sometimes, and isn't stiff constantly anymore. Am I saying we're 100% compatible? No, but if I had to choose one... I think Emilena would do. Definitely the best pick of the bunch.

Awe, who do you feel you get along most with in the group so far?

Emilena, was the burning down the orphanage ordeal the most difficult thing you've faced as a cop... or was there something else?

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena: That wasn't even close to the most dangerous experience I ever suffered through in my career.

One time I was sent by police jet for a routine investigation of a water purification plant deep in the mountains. This was in the dead of winter. Somebody shoots the jet down with a surface-to-air missile and the wreckage crashes into a frozen lake. I drag myself to shore, miles of snow in every direction, and I have a massive laceration in my leg from shrapnel. I manage to reach the plant, they had to perform surgery on me without anesthesia because an unknown worker was the saboteur and I couldn't trust anyone to let me go under. Then the saboteur cut power to the station, and things started to get really bad...

Another time, I'm at an airport
I'm at an airport scheduled to fly to Canada; we'd been tipped off about a bomb threat on a particular flight. I managed to figure out who it was before they could execute their plan, but at the cost of them shooting out a window and getting me sucked out of the plane.

One time I got captured while investigating a drug manufacturing plant, again in the goddamn snowy mountains. They inject me with something, but they didn't account for my under-developed immune system actually working in my favor and I managed to escape. Course, by 'escape' I mean get into a car chase down a tiny mountain road. Several Jeeps of people fell to their death.

Another time technically I wasn't on duty, but I was a hostage in a bank during a robbery gone wrong. I managed to escape the hostage area and open a pathway for a SWAT team to gain entry via the sewers, but after we reached the vault I locked them inside with a live grenade; my brain had been infected with a sleeper subroutine, my escape entirely according to the robbers' plan. If the orphanage incident hadn't happened, this experience would have been my greatest shame.

There were other incidents too, but those four stick out in my mind particularly. Probably because they all involved heights, there’s a reason I have a fear of heights...

-------------------------

Tony, what's your greatest shame?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 08:01:08 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner: Oooh that's a tough question.

Awe: Yeah I'm mainly brawn and you're brains.

Werner: So to answer... I think it might be a draw.

Awe: Depends on the circumstances.

Werner: True.

Awe: As for how I think I'm getting along with the group. I think i'm getting along well with them.

----------------------------

Shelton, what's your biggest regret?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton: Shakila. Literally everything about our short-lived relationship. I should never have befriended her, I should never have slept with her, and I certainly should never have acted like a dick to her after we mutually broke up. Before she asked me out I was completely romantically inexperienced, having spent my entire life focused on science and schoolwork. Plus we were likely to die any day, so I let my guard down. But that doesn’t excuse any of it.

Oscar: Hey, at least you got a kid out of it. I didn’t get any children.

Shelton: A kid who shows up at my retirement home out of nowhere, just in time to watch me die of a freak brain hemorrhage!

Oscar: Yeah, you aren’t winning any ‘Father of the Year’ awards.

———————-

Awe, do you have any particularly interesting stories about getting one of your scars?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 07:18:40 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awe: Well I have a scar on my midsection where I was stabbed by a rival corporate assassin. Was quite a fight as well.

-------------

Oscar, Do you have any regrets?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Oscar: Hell no. I made the best decisions I could given the situations I found myself, and I came out the other side alive. It's not even my fault I fatally caught Shelton's disease, I had it from the day I was born, and was the very first person to die from it. You're welcome, everyone who started looking for a cure thanks to my sacrifice.

-------------------------------

Awe, Tony, what's your favorite weapon? If it's a gun, why do you prefer it over other firearms?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 03:23:36 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita: Sacrifice one person so the others could get away?  In the beginning I would have said Emilena without question. Afterall, she more or less blackmailed me into this adventure way back when. However, having worked with her for a long time now, shes not as bad as when I first met her. Yes she can still be a pain in the ass, but she does have her good qualities. I would go the cliche  noble route and do the self sacrifice.set everything in the area to go boom, and hopefully take out a ton of bad guys with me.

Zula; Hi Guys! I'm back , full time it seems. Ask me anything, and I'll answer to the best of my ability!

Tony : Which of your cars is your favorite?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Bowser Jr.: Muhahaha! Guess what, losers? The great Bowser Jr. has decided to grace you with his presence! What a lucky day for you this is!

Diddy Kong: Yeah, sorry about him. I mostly keep him around to entertain the dinner guests, but he's not too funny.

Bowser Jr.: Oh shut up, Didds. Anyway, we're here to answer your stupid questions, I guess.

G: Within reason, of course.

Thomas Rogan: And that means no asking about classified information.

Joshua Graham: There are things I'd rather keep to myself as well.

Joseph Defago: Hah! I'm a perty open book. Ask away!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Zula, First of all, I’d like to apologize for all the times I’ve misspelled your name in the roleplays. The autocorrect on every device I’ve ever owned hates it.
Second, can you tell us your experience during the Lanthae pulse bomb that killed almost everyone in the city? How did you survive?

Bowser jr and Diddy Kong, forgive me if I’m reading the subtext incorrectly, but it appears you two are in a romantic relationship? How did that come to happen?

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Bowser Jr.: H-hey! Keep it down, that's top secret info, aabicus!
Diddy Kong: What he means to say is that we're not out and aren't ready to be out yet for... family reasons.
Bowser Jr.: It IS a funny story how this all happened. Do you remember, Diddy?
Diddy Kong: Of course I do. It was at a Super Smash Brothers tournament. All the fighters there room in a mansion owned by the Master Hand for the tournament. For as long as I knew him, Junior was always a troublemaking little twerp in our home dimension--
Bowser Jr: Yep.
Diddy Kong: -- and he was an even bigger trouble making twerp at the mansion. He was always pulling pranks and getting everyone else angry at him. But he was always particular about it with me. He'd make sure I was around to SEE the pranks, but I was never the target. Then, after we had a heated match, we had a confrontation that ended with me punching him in the face. I thought he'd get pissy and hit me back, but he just looked genuinely hurt in this way I didn't understand at the time and ran off. I mean, surely he knew that was what I was gonna do, right? What else was he expecting? But I ended up confronting him again to apologize. And then things got heated again because he was being a sulky little pain in the tail. I said something that made him cry. I was angry. I mocked him as hard as I could for that, tried to hit every vulnerable point I knew he had. I was almost positive he was gonna deck me in the face for the things I said, but I was so happy to lash out at SOMEONE for all the things that were going on in my life at the time that I didn't care. But he didn't hit me. He kissed me instead.
Bowser Jr: You bet I did. I was smooth as silk back then.
Diddy Kong: Yeah right. He ran off crying as soon as he did that I kind of just stood there thunderstruck. Just a few days prior Dixie had broken up with me. She was gentle about it, but it still destroyed me. I was nearly in mourning. We had been dating so long that I was sure it was gonna be forever. But... with her gone, feelings I had had for awhile towards boys but have always hid kinda came to the forefront after that kiss. Apparently, Jr. had had feelings for me for years, and had been low key trying to catch my eye for quite some time. When he found out I had broken up with Dixie, he apparently saw that as his chance. And it was. Things kinda got wild after that, right Junie?
Bowser Jr: Oh yes it did. But... that would be telling, wouldn't it? Hehehe.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:29:02 PM by LoyfeCycleProtector »

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony: Greatest shame? Erm... while I don't regret joining the Purifiers... I regret what it did to my father... and his disappointment in me... I'd say... that was probably it.

Tony: Favorite weapon? Uh... I'm not really an expert but... I do like my Glock 23. It's compact, holds a lot of rounds, and fits my paws well. .40 caliber is good as well but hell... for sheer classic style, I do like my Colt M1911 too. Great balance, awesome stopping power, and was our standard handgun in World War One. But yeah I'm not like... hugely a gun expert or anything.

Tony: My favorite car... it really boils down to three but... overall favorite is probably the Duesenberg Model J we rode in earlier. It's sheer beauty, raw power, and just an unbelievable overall car. A real work of art and really America's first super car in many ways due to its sheer torque and power in that straight-eight. But a close second and third are my Pierce-Arrow Model 1603 V-12 and my Daimler De-36. The Arrow because I really have a thing for those luxurious and powerful cars, and the Art Deco design is to die for, and the Daimler for its sheer beauty and rarity.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(Loyfe, we try to ask questions of other characters when answering, just to keep the thread populated)

Joseph Defago, can you tell us any of the classified/private things the other interviewees are trying to keep secret? Don't worry, we won't tell!

Stripetail, do you exist in all these different universes as part of an expansive personal timeline, or are your appearances in different continuities unrelated and unconnected?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
: stripetail: personal timeline. I'm constantly traveling on magical business, and that brings me in contact with many many folks.  Despite all my travels theres still much of the cosmos I have not yet seen. Fortunately i have all the time I need so eventually i will see most of the places i have not seen yet.

Zula: How did i survive? i was outside of the city when it went off. caused my car to die in the middle of the street.  it felt like a wave  sweeping away all in its path. i got lucky, those closer toe Lanthae were not so lucky. i think the death toll was 250000 or something like tsat. Really really high. and many people were just vaporized so there was nothing to ID them. i just got very very lucky that I  beat the clock getting out of there, had i left even 10 minutes kater. well we wouldnt be having this discussion.  The reason i left was because my boss at the clinic had opened a new clinic in a another city and I was one of the lucky ones , er ' chosen To help him set up. Musa was tagging along with me that day.  she screamed really loudly as the pulse hit us. i had ringing in my ear for  several days after that. She was scared, we both were. we ended up walking the rest of the way. it was a scene out of War of the worlds or something. dead cars strewn about, a huge mushroom cloud spreading into the heavens in the distance. fires burning everywhere.  It was almost beyond description.

Abnne, how long have you had that horn implant? ever think about getting it upgraded?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Zula, you've dated 'Bianca' in the Blanking the Slate timeline and Murkua in the After the Storm timeline. Which one do you prefer?

Broadstreet, have you seen Emilena on the news? Any opinion regarding what your disobedient junior officer has become?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zula: well i wouldnt say i've dated bianca. at this point in that story, shes a roommate. nice,. but not  full relationship with her, yet. we'll have to see where things go. with mukua, its a full on relationship. so if i had to pick, it would be mukua simply because that relationship is fully established.
 Brosadstreet: i have not followed the news that closely, i must admit. too busy wioth work. As for what Echo has been up to, well, she never was one for rules, perhaps that is why she and i did not get on in lanthae. still she is a survivor, and if if my years fighting crime has taught me anything, you need survivors on the force. if i do run into her, i'll buy her a drink.
Emilena, do you think about your time in Lanthae at all?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena: All the time. It feels like a different life, like I'm not even the same person who once walked those streets in uniform. Since then my life has occasionally been easy, and other times my life has been happy, but the LPD was the one place where life was both. Now the city doesn't exist, I have a criminal record a mile long, and people across the planet know my name. I don't think I could ever go back to policework even if they somehow allowed it.

Kora, are you polyamorous like Marita, or were the sleepovers a phase?

Zula, what are your first impressions of Tony and Emilena? Which do you prefer more?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kora: a very good question. Maritas has been more- shall we say- open   about such things as shes gotten older. the sleepovers likely opened her eyes to these things.i wouldnt call them a phase, exactly, as i found out i liked my friends a lot, and we didnt mind making out with each other  with regularity. remember Marita has gone her own way since high school, and its lead her to be the lady she is. had she come with me out west, things would be very different, between us and for her specifically. 
for me, having any number of lovers beyond 1 is very hard, because its a balancing act, the more people you involve, the more balls in the air so to speak, the harder all that becomes. i would say that a 3way relationship is the furthest i'd ever go, and only if the 3 of us were completely committed to each other. you can't have ' side action ' if that kind of relationship is going to work. right now, i'm single, because my work takes precedence over my love life.

Zula: i just met them so its hard to say which i like better. guests are guests, as far as I am concerned. we'll have to see as i get to know them, whether i like them or not.
 Emilena, if broadstreet offered you a job, would you take it?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena: Broadstreet would never offer me a job. My back hurts when I wake up in the morning, my muzzle has turned gray. I'm missing chunks from my ears and tail, and my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I have tinnitus from years of firing unsilenced firearms. If he were to offer me anything, it'd be a pity job behind a desk, and I don't live to be pitied. I want Broadstreet to remember me as I was, not as the shriveled husk I'm aging into.

Kora, what's the last time you and Marita met in person? How long ago was it, and what did you do?