The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dawn of a Wingtail

Sky · 53 · 8330

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Argh! Sorry I forgot to post here earlier! :slap

Wow, two pages! :wow Very nice! :yes I can’t even find anything to nitpick about the art! :smile :p

Quote from: Sky,Aug 12 2010 on  11:46 AM
Ok, about their wings: Male wingtails have membranous wings just like females. But, they are much smaller and covered completely by feathers (like they were never there :p). Female wings have larger membranous wings to produce enough heat to breed their eggs. :^.^: A big thank you goes to Pangaea for this info!  :yes
You're very welcome. :)

Just so you know, the correct word is “brood”, not “breed”. Brooding is the act of incubating the eggs and young; Breeding is the process of reproduction as a whole, of which brooding is just one part.

Quote from: Caustizer,Aug 13 2010 on  04:14 PM
I'll start with the first page. Sky's home is quite interesting... mainly because it's a cave instead of a tree (how I had envisioned wingtails living).
I suppose it would be hard for him to find a tree with a large enough hollow to comfortably accommodate him. :p

I love the surprised expression on Sky’s face in the first panel of Page 6! :lol His expression in the last panel of Page 5 is very well done, too. :o You did such an amazing job making him look sad. Tears couldn’t make him look any sadder.

So in this universe, Sky has never met Star before? Or does he just not recognize her from the distance? (Don’t answer that; I’ll be happy to wait to find out in the upcoming pages. :smile)

By the way, Sky’s last line on Page 6, “It’s been ages since I’ve seen one the last time” would be more grammatically correct if it were worded as “It’s been ages since the last time I’ve seen one” or “It’s been ages since I’ve last seen one.”

Great pages! My curiosity is highly piqued for what’s coming next. :D

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Sorry for responding so late. >_< I'm glad you guys like it so far.  :lol
By the way, Sky’s last line on Page 6, “It’s been ages since I’ve seen one the last time” would be more grammatically correct if it were worded as “It’s been ages since the last time I’ve seen one” or “It’s been ages since I’ve last seen one.”
It's now fixed. :^.^:

As for the comic: I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a new page. -_-
New things and ideas came into my head that I would like to include. The basic story will still remain as planned but with a few new and/or different events.

I hope to update soon with new pages as soon as possible.  :)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sky,Aug 19 2010 on  02:05 PM
As for the comic: I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a new page. -_-
New things and ideas came into my head that I would like to include. The basic story will still remain as planned but with a few new and/or different events.

That happens to me too.  Lots of the little conversations and events in Far Away Home are not planned, but envisioned and added in as I write.  Take for example when Gentry steals a fastrunner egg, and Siak... wait, that hasn't happened yet!  Almost got ahead of myself there. :angel

Caustizer.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have some bad news.

The comic 'Dawn of a Wingtail' is currently on hold. That means no new pages in the near future. :(
School has started already for me for a week and looking at my shedule, it looks like I have less free time to work on it. Further more, there are still commissions to do.

But I thought, wouldn't it be better to finish some pages (like a complete chapter) and then post one page everyday rather than post and wait until the next page is up? :unsure:
Ooh... how I wish to finish this... >_<

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Take your time :) (I know how much of a time-eater school can be :rolleyes). I'm just desperately hoping that the comic doesn't die like the other ones you mentioned having started but never finished. :unsure: :(

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't want it to die either. >_<
I would really like to give my wingtail characters a proper story and I can't wait for certain scenes and characters to draw. I could just draw single pictures but they would spoil too much (like pictures of Sky and Star so you already know they will be together). :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just take your time.  School takes up a lot of your time and should be your main focus.  Commissions also should come first before your own projects, so no hurry on your doing more pages of this comic.  You'll have time to do it in the future.  Don't forget to have time to rest and do other stuff also, good luck.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 We all knoe that real-life is priority, so I say that you can look how things are going and you'll be able to make yourself your own schedule for your comic and your artworks.
 Just don't give up on your projects.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Such a long time since anything has been posted in this thread.  It's a shame really that this comic will likely never be finished, but at least the artwork was very good for the pages that were done.

When you consider all the fanfictions that have died over the past few months, it's pretty amazing that Far Away Home is still going and almost done.  I think I'll miss it when I'm finally finished, though Journey to Blacksun will hopefully be just as good (if a bit shorter). :angel

Caustizer

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sorry...
I'm so sorry I didn't continue my comic for three(!) months now. :(

I recently had a few days ago, a big motivation to work further on it. Sadly, it disappeared...
It's probably because I don't have the time anymore, or it's because of school, or life is just torturing me...  <_<

Again, I'm terribly sorry... :cry

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You don't have to aplogise so much you know, it's bad for self esteem. :angel

I'd like to see you start adding pages again, like I'm sure a lot of members of the site would, but the bottom line is it's your project and your choice whether you wish to complete it or not.

Naturally though, I do wonder if you have any pages already done that you are keeping to post as a whole chapter, but it's a silent wonder.  :smile

Caustizer

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sadly, I don't have any new pages done...  :cry  :oops

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You got a nice lookin' web comic here!  :)

Sadly, I don't have any new pages done... dino_sad.gif dino_oops.gif

Here is what I do to discipline myself into making a new comic page. I illustrate the page in two days max, Color it in in two days and give a few details in three days so thats about a week in trying to finish a page in a week. Or you can do what I've learned from a professional Illustrator; draw your entire comic book (it might be 25 to 30pgs) in pencil and ink within three weeks. Then color it all in. Right now I'm on my 24th page so I'll be done with my Web Comic soon.